Rate Dr. Bonnie Law

Dr. Bonnie Law's Ratings

I was a patient of Dr Irvine's before he passed away. He was my Dr for 35 years, and when he passed his practice on to Dr Law, I was very frightened. I have severe health problems and was afraid that she wouldn't understand, or not have the same approach to my care. I am very pleased to say, that she is doing a great job! I have never been rushed, or felt like my needs weren't met. I see her at least once a month, and she has seen me through some very rocky times. I feel safe with her, and I don't agree with others that have felt she is not a good doctor. Yes, she is young. But so was Dr Irvine at one time. We are both learning how to manage my serious and ever changing health problems. I too have specialists for different issues that I have, but I rely on Dr Law to oversee and manage all the different regimes I must follow. The specialists don't have time for that! She also handles my insurance company's never ending harassment,and that is really important to me. Thanks Bonnie!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1200893].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2011

Have seen her on numerous occasions, since Dr. Irvine retired. Never had to wait, good personality and knowledgeable. Quick and to the point. Referral to 2nd spercialist (Dr. Dodd on Broadway - skin disorder) was the best. No serious problems (except my high blood pressure) to see her about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1200892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2011

Dr. Law followed my GP of 35 years - who was an excellent, caring doctor. After nearly 3 years of misdiagnosis and being told "many people live with pain and you have had more services than most people" she got up and walked out on me. I was subjected to everything from colonoscopy, hernia test, etc. etc. to no avail and still not addressing the 10 out of 10 pain I was enduring. Her turning her back on me resulted in going to a fine dr. a few doors down the same hall - within 5 days a specialist diagnosed advanced need for hip replacement surgery - bone on bone. Surgeon saw me November 27, surgery done at UBC January 3 following - short weeks later, thankfully. Extremely disappointed in the quality of care and attention paid by this doctor. No apologies or concern when I informed her, after the fact, that it was hip.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1200891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2010

I'm stuck with Dr Law until I find a new GP which is not so easy these days. Misdiagnosis once was Scabies! Seriously freaked out until I got in to see specialist. I often go to a local Carepoint style Dr whom I have a better rapport with instead of Dr Law. Tries to refer patients to "big name" mill style less than worthy specialists, but will refer you to whom you choose (so if you need a specialist try to find a good name first.) Also, I'm sorry but the language barrier with the receptionist has been problematic in the past. I'd love to like Dr Law more but it's not happening.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1200890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Law for 3 years now. I believe she is a very good doctor. She provided me with a referral to a competent, helpful specialist who I have been seeing for 3 years now, as well. I agree with these other posts that she is quick, but I do believe it is because she is efficient, not because she doesn't care. She is caring and knowledgeable and will always refer you to a specialist, if necessary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1200889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2010

Misdiagonsed symptoms, and tried 3 different medications she prescribed, all of which made it worse. Went to my daughter's doctor and got the right diagnose. She isn't very knowledgeable and doesn't seem to look at the problems with attention... switching to my daughter's doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1200888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2010

Not very knowlegeable,only competent on VERY BASIC health care, but very easy to get in for an appt.-maybe because you get shooed out the door when she doesn't have an answer or diagnosis to conceal her lack of knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1200887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2010

Yes Dr Law rushes, but if I bring up another item she does stop to listen. She's also prescribed me medication when I needed it. If you're the type of person who needs 101 questions answered and doesn't feel satisfied unless a bunch of tests have been done, then she's not the doctor for you. If you like punctual and quick appointments, then make an appointment with Dr Law.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1200886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2010

Cindy -Dr. Bonnie's previous assistant was very helpful, knowledgeable and professional above all in her job with a kinder side to her mannerisms. Polite and great customer service, and able to understanding the situation and accomodating as well. Dr. Bonnie is a very pleasant person, very understanding of aged senior people and dealing with them to their comfort zone. I have heard that she is quick with the younger generation, is not able to help you and refers you to specialist, and is quick too, yes she may not listen or give you anything to ease your illness, unless you ask for it. But she is willing to see you anytime

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1200885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Law for the past 4 years now and I am now 29 years old. I always find her to be very rushed and I am in and out in less than 10 minutes. I feel unsatisfied when I leave and one time I actually had more questions to ask her and she was already in the hallway! She is caring, no doubt but she is waaaay to rushed. Slow down Bonnie! You make your young patients feel like just because they are relatively healthy that they have wasted your precious time by coming in!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1200884].votes_count ]]