Rate Dr. Bonnie Law

Dr. Bonnie Law's Ratings

According to the College of Physicians Dr. Law had to inform her patients 3 months in advance if I understood right, what is the College doing about this unethical and unprofessional way that Dr Bonnie Law has treated her patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2721475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

Terrible,unprofessional Doctor.Saw her for many years.No bedside manner.Non caring etc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

Low maintenance patient here. Will stick to facts. Consulted with College of Physicians and Surgeons (www.cpsbc.ca) and Doctors of BC (www.doctors of bc.ca). In BC, medical records storage companies can ONLY chard $33.20. It is ILLEGAL to charge tax on that. This is provincial law. Also, they cannot withhold transferring records to a new physician pending PRE-payment; also illegal. You can fill out the tansfer request form, and not send money until after your records are transferred. This law does not apply if you choose to transfer your records to yourself.
This company's attempt to get money from Dr. Law's former patients is not Dr. Law's fault. She is not responsible for a third party's actions.
Also, while I believed we had a good working doctor-patient rel'p, she was under no obligation to inform me of her career decision.
That said, I'm also frustrated, and must begin the search for a new female doctor in Vancouver. A treasure hunt, indeed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2704435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

I just found about this today, tried calling the office number & was told to another number & got the total runaround. I'm appalled at the fact that no notification WHATSOEVER was given. out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2704379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

Yes, like everyone else I was not told about her leaving until I called for an appointment in November and was told she was fully booked up till Dec. 18th when she was leaving. Nice! Not very professional or considerate on her part for sure. A letter in the mail to inform her patients would have been appreciated so that we could at least have had some lead time to find a new doctor. I was a patient for many years starting in her Richmond office and she wasn't really much of a doctor to start with. The only thing she was good for was writing prescriptions and referrals. I resent having to pay over $100. to get records from her that are not very informative to start with. I would not have recommended this Dr. to anyone I cared for.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2702457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

Dr. Law did not adhere to the professional standards and guidelines of the College with respect to leaving practice. She should be sanctioned by the college for her failure to provide proper notice to her patients and to assist her patients in finding a new physician.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2697087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

I resent having to pay $100.00 to get my medical file. I was in to see Dr Law in November. Surely she could have told me and given me my file. I am very angry that she would be so incredibly inconsiderate!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2696533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

I too was very unset about Dr. Law closing her practice. When she spoke to me I was under the impression she was just closing for the month of December and then would return. I have now received a letter stating I can get my medical record at the cost of $80.00 to $107.60 + tax of course. I just don't understand how a person could be so inconsiderate. There must be something we don't know about. A Doctor should by law have to first care for their patient's well being before being allowed to close their practise. Finding a GP in Vancouver is indeed a treasure hunt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2695421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I was also very surprised to find out Dr Law closed her practice but unlike most here I did receive a call. I was due for my pap so the office gave me a heads up that they wouldn't be able to do it as the office would be closed before results came in. So like everyone else I'm trying to find a new female doctor which had taken me years the first time around after my family doctor had passed away. I wish Dr Law all the best in her new endeavours and expect our files will be made available to us if we need them. Back to hour long waits at the clinics...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2687573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2015

I am very disappointed that Dr. Law left her practice without a letter to her patients or an attempt to find a replacement physician. I feel abandoned and very sad. The other doctors and staff in the office are recipients of the fallout and are having a bad time, too. They are not taking new patients, so don't ask. It was a terrible thing to do.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2677262].votes_count ]]