Rate Dr. Bonnie Law

Dr. Bonnie Law's Ratings

Dr. Law did not adhere to the professional standards and guidelines of the College with respect to leaving practice. She should be sanctioned by the college for her failure to provide proper notice to her patients and to assist her patients in finding a new physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

I resent having to pay $100.00 to get my medical file. I was in to see Dr Law in November. Surely she could have told me and given me my file. I am very angry that she would be so incredibly inconsiderate!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2696533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

I too was very unset about Dr. Law closing her practice. When she spoke to me I was under the impression she was just closing for the month of December and then would return. I have now received a letter stating I can get my medical record at the cost of $80.00 to $107.60 + tax of course. I just don't understand how a person could be so inconsiderate. There must be something we don't know about. A Doctor should by law have to first care for their patient's well being before being allowed to close their practise. Finding a GP in Vancouver is indeed a treasure hunt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2695421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I was also very surprised to find out Dr Law closed her practice but unlike most here I did receive a call. I was due for my pap so the office gave me a heads up that they wouldn't be able to do it as the office would be closed before results came in. So like everyone else I'm trying to find a new female doctor which had taken me years the first time around after my family doctor had passed away. I wish Dr Law all the best in her new endeavours and expect our files will be made available to us if we need them. Back to hour long waits at the clinics...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2687573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2015

I am very disappointed that Dr. Law left her practice without a letter to her patients or an attempt to find a replacement physician. I feel abandoned and very sad. The other doctors and staff in the office are recipients of the fallout and are having a bad time, too. They are not taking new patients, so don't ask. It was a terrible thing to do.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2677262].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Why she has given up her practice?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2676978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

Not even a letter or call to inform the practice was closing. Terrible.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2661076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

I agree with the comment below. I was shocked to find out that she closed her practice when I called to make an appointment. A letter would've been nice...

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2655927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Thank goodness, she has given up her practice. I feel sorry for VGH, who hired her. She kicked all of her patients to the curb without even so much as a letter and we cannot even access our files. She signed an agreement with a storage company to hold the files and MAYBE they will get around to contacting us in January, 2015, over a month after she stopped practicing. I will be doing my best to file complaints with the College and with any luck, she will have her license pulled and be out of work. I have NO RESPECT for the type of doctor she represents.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2646310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I was a patient of Dr Irvine's before he passed away. He was my Dr for 35 years, and when he passed his practice on to Dr Law, I was very frightened. I have severe health problems and was afraid that she wouldn't understand, or not have the same approach to my care. I am very pleased to say, that she is doing a great job! I have never been rushed, or felt like my needs weren't met. I see her at least once a month, and she has seen me through some very rocky times. I feel safe with her, and I don't agree with others that have felt she is not a good doctor. Yes, she is young. But so was Dr Irvine at one time. We are both learning how to manage my serious and ever changing health problems. I too have specialists for different issues that I have, but I rely on Dr Law to oversee and manage all the different regimes I must follow. The specialists don't have time for that! She also handles my insurance company's never ending harassment,and that is really important to me. Thanks Bonnie!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1200893].votes_count ]]