Rate Dr. Mark D. Rahm

Dr. Mark D. Rahm's Ratings

I had surgery with Dr. Rham he is rude and thinks that its okay to go back to work only 2 weeks after surgery even though you are still in pain. I wish I could see a more compassionate Doctor. Surgery didn't do squat for my back pain either.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2014

I am a 39 yr old female that was referred to Dr. Rahm through my pain clinic. I found him to be an excellent surgeon, but zero bedside manner. Had to have a T3-T12 fusion due to scoliosis and chronic pain. I explained to him I had gastric bypass and only absorb about 1/2 of what I take in, so asked for liquid medicine after surgery. He refused, but only after he operated on me and I was in terrible pain for the first 3 weeks post op. I don't know why he wouldn't want me to have the same pain relief as his other patients, given I was taking twice the pills that were necessary. In hospital, due to dilaudid, I started seeing double. Logically I knew what it was, but he moved his fingers before my eyes and said sarcastically, What? You want me to call an eye doctor? Then walked out. Good surgeon, but if you are looking for any kind of empathy or good aftercare, do NOT see him. There are other good surgeons out there who will take better care of you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

Dr. Rahm is one of the best in the country, if not the world. He is a no non-sense doctor. He knows his stuff and he uses his knowledge. He informs his patients of the problem and then offers solutions. Surgery is not always the answer, but he knows what is the answer. I would recommend Dr. Rahm to anyone. He is the only spine doctor I would allow to operate on my family as well as myself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2011

Every situation is different, and I was expecting the worst thanks to all your negative reviews. We were practically forced to see him as S&W has only a handful of spinal surgeons--Dr. Rahm being the only one who would do surgery on my 8-year-old child who had spinal fusion due to a car accident. (Needless to say, I am a little irritated with S&W Health Plan for being so limited.) I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised to find that Dr. Rahm was very friendly, answered my questions thoroughly, and showed true interest in my child. In fact, the doctor was all smiles. We look forward to a positive relationship with Dr. Rahm and his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

I saw this doctor for a herniated disc. I have read on the internet and talked to other people that have had this. Everything I was told is that at 28 years old surgery is last resort. Rahm was very short with me from the start. He did not suggest physical therapy or medication or even rest. His exact words were "come back and see me when you're ready to have the disc removed." That was it. I asked about other remedies and he said they won't work, the pain drives most people to surgery. My whole visit with him was no longer that 15 minutes. My family practice doctor was much more informative that Rahm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2009

I am a 29 year old female that had to undergo a revision scoliosis surgery. I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Rahm. He is very straight and to the point. I feel that he was very concerned with my well being. My family also had not complaints about Dr. Rahm. I just had my surgery a little over 2 weeks ago and would recommend him to others. He showed compassion when I felt down and I appreciate him for that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2008

I was sent to Dr Rahm for large lump in my neck and back problems. My husband and I were very disappointed with him. He told me he did not know what the large mass in my neck was but it need to be watch and dealt with but offered not follow up with him or any other doctor. He basically told me I had Degrentive Disc Disease and he could not do anything for me. I'm 45 years old and know that there is something other then physical thypy and pain block etc. available. This doctor is sorry and I would not tell anyone to go to him as its a waste of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2008

My husband had to use Rahm several years ago for back surgery. He is horrible. No bedside manner, very rude, the worst doctor we have encountered. He had me in tears at my husbands consult. You're stressed and worried and then have to deatl with him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

I knewDr.Rahm in 2 capacities. I worked with him as a Certified Surgical Technician at Scott and White Hospital in Temple, Texas. I was a surgical tech for over 20 years and had been married to an Orthopaedic Surgeon working with him in his office for years. I worked in Neuro and Orthopaedics Spine surgery for years. I knew he was rude in surgery but thought he was a very good surgeon. So when I had a problem, I tried to see him. His nurse(?) and I had words, when I finally got in to see him, His first words to me were I won't do anything for you, I asked if He would examine me and he walked out, no exam laughing at me. Being married to an orthopedic surgeon I knew what an exam was. So I sought help elsewhere. It turned out that I needed surgery with a spinal fusion. Four months later I had my surgery with a neuro surgeon.Good results but with possible nerve damage from waiting to long. I have since met 5 other people in my home town who had the same problem with him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201319].votes_count ]]