Dr. Maurice Butchey

Rate Dr. Maurice Butchey

Dr. Maurice Butchey's Ratings

Dr. Butchey has been my GP since I was born 28 yrs ago and treats my whole family. Lisa, his assistant is very kind & gets me in to see him when I need to. While I've had wonderful care from him, recently, I've become more and more displeased with the level of care he provides. While mid-sentence, his cell rang and without hesitation, he answered and left to take the call. I could over hear every word he was saying regarding planning a party. He came back, had no recollection of what we talked about & just filled out my refills. I have a complex situation & when asked for referral to a PM clinic, he sent me to one that is not fully staffed yet & didn't send the requested notes for which I've seen them twice & they still don't have them. He's cut back his hours so he can play golf more days a week, yet still sees the same # of patients. He's a kind man, but clearly his priorities have shifted away from treating patients at hand. Thinking of switching as a result of his recent 'laziness'.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr. Butchey has cared for myself and family for over 30 years. Always professional and honest, and caring. ANY time I have to call, Lisa is as accommodating as possible and always gets me in asap. The nurses are caring and having stayed this long with one doctor and his staff speaks volumes about everyone there.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2013 | flag

Dr.Butchey has been my family doctor since 1976.In 1987 I advised him I was not rebounding from my physical exercise the way I thought I should.He ordered blood work and I was diagnosed w/ leukemia.Still here 26 yrs.later due,at least in part, to his prompt response to my complaint.Another time ,after the sudden premature death of a close friend,I asked Dr.Butchey if I should have some heart tests done.His reply ,based on his knowledge of my health was"Don"t you have enough problems in your life without looking for more?"A wonderful doctor who knows when to act and when to send you gently on your way w/ assurance that the "terrible condition "you are presently suffering from will cure itself given a tincture of time.It will be a sad day for me when Dr.Butchey decides to retire but I will be very appreciative of his good care up to that point.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Butchey was in the picture and even in the room for support for my mother when I was born over 35 years ago. Dr. Butchey has become a part of my family as he treats both my parents and my siblings as well. Knowing that he treats me with the same thoroughness and consideration as he would his own daughter, makes me continue to feel that my life and the medical decisions that I make for myself and my family, present and future, are all safe in Dr. Butchey's hands. I feel comfortable asking ANY questions I have and I can feel confident in whatever he prescribes. I consider myself lucky to be one of his patients.

Submitted May 7, 2011 | flag

Dr. Butchey has been my doctor for over 20 years. He's great when you can get him. Lately I've found his receptionist Lisa to be very rude, cold and unconsiderate. I'm going through some challenges right now and he suggested going to a specialist. I've been waiting nearly a month for his receptionist to call back. Lisa has got to have the manners of a rock. Very cold and rigid. His rating would be definitely higher if it weren't for Lisa!

Submitted April 22, 2011 | flag

About 25 years ago, my father was having problems breathing. He had been going to a Doc friend for years and they only talked about horses. One very hot summer day when it was almost impossible for my Dad to breath we took him to see Dr. Butchey on a Sunday afternoon in his office. He asked my Father if he had ever had a chest X-ray and needless to say he did have lung cancer. He gave my Father over 2 years of life after he had surgery and we couldn't have been more grateful. My Dad thought he was the greatest man walking on the face of the earth. He perscribed Cognac before bedtime which Dad thought was fantastic that a doc. would do this. My husband has been going to him for years and we hope that he doesnt plan to retire for quite some time.

Submitted March 26, 2011 | flag

Dr. Butchey has been our physician for over 35 years. I dread the day he retires. He is empathetic, up to date on new drugs, procedures and most importantly always has a smile and time to listen. He has no problem referring you to a specialist if you ask and goes over details of reports with you. I have had significant health issues in the past 7 years and he has been there for me all the way. His care has kept me working and active. He is truly defines the word 'family physician"

Submitted March 12, 2011 | flag

He has been my physician for 33 yrs now. I believe him to be one of the best because he actually takes the time to listen to you when you see him and gets to root of the issues.

Submitted June 13, 2009 | flag

During the early 1970's I was having a very bad time! I had been treated by a family doctor in Ottawa and was offered nothing but valium! When I moved to London, I began to see Dr. Butchey, he offered a more comprehensive treatment for the difficulties I was facing in my life - he understood my reluctance to take medication and he provided me with skills that have lasted all these years. I have had a 'normal' life and a successful career. I have enjoyed my children and grandchild, all of these things would have been unlikely without his treatment. His humanity has stayed with me and I often think about the impact he has had on my life. He treated the whole person, not just medical symptoms.His care was definately the reason that my life took a positive turn! I contemplate that regularly and remain grateful to him.

Submitted May 20, 2008 | flag

Dr.Butchey has been our families doctor for over 30 years.He is a very caring and knowledgable physician.He always makes himself available should you have an emergency.Lisa (receptionist)is always accomodating at getting you an appointment right away if need be. I can't imagine not having any other doctors and dread the day Dr.Butchey takes his well earned retirement.

Submitted March 12, 2008 | flag