Dr. Eileen E. Heffernan

Grad. Year: 1986

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Eileen E. Heffernan has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Is this a tricar insurance doctor?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.3

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Eileen" to "Eileen E."
RID: 2663567
27/05/13 5 4 5 5 I have not been with Dr. Heffernan very long, but I wish I had found her many years ago. She is very thorough, very informative and actually cares about the well being of a patient.She has found so many things on me in 3 to 4 weeks than the Doctors I have had for the last ten yrs.Very knowledegable and good side manners.Very people friendly and never makes me have anxiety when I see a her.If I have a wait, I don't mind because I know she is caring for patients that need her help and want to be explained as to what is wrong. I love her and I would never change her for anything or anybody.
RID: 2496496
10/12/12 5 3 5 5 I'm just old enough to remember what a family doctor offered the patient. I never expected her to remember me but she does. Always on the alert for "things to watch for" followed by don't hesitate to call. It's like having a knowledgeable friend. I've sucessfully recommended her and yet to have one not agree that she is a rare gem.
RID: 2445669
13/10/12 4 4 5 5 I was with another doctor for one year and felt I wasn't being properly cared for. Dr. Heffernan took the time to discuss my case and offered encouragement to me. Her medication worked quickly to solve my issue and I was so grateful. I had to wait, but the wait was so worth it. Great bedside manner. Caring. Treated me as a human being.  Respond
RID: 2392401
03/08/12 4 1 4 4 You wait forever to be seen very flustrating had to walk out after a hour and a half!:(
RID: 2384625

25/07/12 4 1 1 1 Unprofessional, doesn't keep appointment after a 2 hour wait. Would not come out to waiting room to discuss missed appointment.  Respond
RID: 1730797
07/03/12 5 4 5 5 One of the most knowledgeable and caring physicians I have ever met. Treats the whole person and takes the time to understand what is really going on with the patients medical problems. An example of what every doctor should be.
RID: 1687911
16/01/12 5 4 5 5 Amazing Doctor with wonderful bedside manner. She will go above and beyond to explain things to you and help you understand your diagnosis. She has given the utmost care and concern to my family. I highly recommend her!
Respond

21/08/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1485652
13/07/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Heffernan is a wonderful family physician who I owe a GREAT deal of gratitude. I was referred to her by a relative a few years ago, and I have to say that she is a very thorough doctor. She is very sweet and intelligent and will go the extra mile to be most helpful in treatment, whatever the case.
RID: 1457923
06/06/11 5 3 5 5 Dr. Heffernan is truly one of the best physicians I have ever been too. She saved my husband's life and I have been going to her for my medical care for the last 10 years. She might run a little late - so bring a book or call first - but she is remarkable with genuine caring and a wealth of knowledge. I love her!
RID: 1453839
31/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Heffernan is one of the most knowledgeable, caring, compassionate, doctors I have ever encountered in my 64 years on earth.....absolutely the best!
RID: 1269790
12/10/10 5 5 5 5 I absolutely looove dr heffernan! She is the perfect dr, very knowledgeable and so nice. She has called me on off hours from her cell phone to tell me my blood test results and put my mind at ease. I am a kidney transplant patient and I've seen tons and tons of drs and she is one of the best. I would recommend her to anyone but I'm a 23 yrold female and relates very well to me. She is a family oriented person and I cannot thank her enough for her help :-)
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1094494
01/02/10 5 4 5 5 Absolutely wonderful and if you do have to wait a bit, it is definitely worth it. She is soooo bright and has the perfect bedside personality. She is a true gem.
RID: 697215
06/10/08 5 4 5 5 Dr.Heffernan is in Darien, @ 2600 83rd Street. Phone # 630-985-9355. Her hours are Mon and Wed 10-5,Fri 10-2,alternate Sat. 9:30 noon. She's in my opinion, the best MD I've ever had. Easy to speak with, down to earth, thorough,etc. I feel I can "be myself" around her, she's a true jem!
RID: 579552
30/04/08 5 4 5 5 The Whitgrove family feels as though she is the best doctor they have ever had!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 550604
27/03/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Heffernan has opened her own practice. It is called Freedom Family Practice and is in Darien. The web site is www.eileenheffernanmd.com  See Responses
RID: 542278
19/03/08 5 3 5 5 I think Dr. Heffernan is the best doctor! I've been seeing her for about 12 years. I will admit she is often running behind schedule, but once she meets with you she takes her time and discusses all issues you may be having. I wish she wouldn't have left Joliet Dr Clinic. If anyone knows where she has moved to please post the info.
See Responses
RID: 535805
11/03/08 5 5 5 5 The best doctor in the world. How all doctors should be. Really cares about the patient, thier families and thier needs. Will have her until the day I die!!!  See Responses
RID: 527979
02/03/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Heffernan is the best doctor we ever had. Janine and I miss you and will be calling you! I panicked when we got the letter. What a surprise! 815-557-9217
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 527125
29/02/08 4 2 5 5 I wish I knew where Dr. Heffernan went to, too. I met her at another Dr. office on Hammes..discovered her at the Joliet Med when I saw her name flash on the marquis outside. I am so sad to have gotten the letter saying she's not there anymore :(
See Responses
RID: 487854
18/01/08 2 2 5 5 Does anyone know where she is now. She is not at Joliet Dr. Clinic anymore. She was the best Dr. I have ever gone to and would follow her if I know were I would be following her too.  See Responses
RID: 255645
03/04/07 1 4 5 I love her personality. She is very down to earth and is easy to understand. She is very through when she doesn't appear rushed. She is not afraid to order tests to rule out things. She will work with you to get you feeling better. All things considered, my biggest problem is I have never waited less than an hour AFTER my scheduled appointed time, and have waited as much as two hours to see her. I have to admit that because she seems to be running behind at times she doesn't take the necessary time needed, and after waiting two hours that is really frustrating. This feels very disrespectful especially since the clinic recently instituted a $25 charge for a missed appointment. What about a $25 charge per hour I have to wait for my appoinment!?!  See Responses
* - Rating left by a registered user