Rate Dr. David Barry Agulnik

Dr. David Barry Agulnik's Ratings

Dr was sensitive to some of my needs.Used ultrasound to find a vein to place an IV, made it less painful.Felt he didn't fully understand my chronic illness or situation.He left out information.He said my kidney was swollen, but didn't tell me I had a kidney stone.GP advised me of stone days later. He did try to resolve my obstipation (severe constipation, the reason I came in) but I don't think he fully grasped how ill I was.My meds had caused the problem,I had stopped it 10 days B4 coming to him.I hadn't had a BM for 13 days, or eaten in 6. Hosp. staff implied I didn't do enough to stop the problem, even though I have had this prob. before & know how to treat it.Prob. never been so bad. When asked what to do if his advice (laxatives) failed,as laxatives & enemas had not been working.His comment was "You do not have a block, it is just s*** it has to come out sometime" He was professional to a point.I left feeling overwhelmed, frightened & like I was wasting up his time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1203170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2013

Dr. Agulnik is possibly the best doctor I have ever encountered. I have seen him in emergency 3 times in the past 6 years and he has been amazing. Most recently I was in with my boyfriend who has longstanding back pain issues due to polio as a child. His own GP has never been helpful in addressing the long term effects of this disease, he simply tells him to take advil. He was lucky enough to see Dr. Agulnik in emergency for an acute flare up of this pain. Dr. Agulnik's student doctor helped my boyfriend tremendously as did Dr. Agulnik. Not only did they acknowledge his pain, they addressed the fact that his overall health due to his previous disease, needs to be dealt with. He has referrals now and I am confident he is finally going to get the care he needs. Dr. Agulnik is amazing and I am pleased to see that he is overseeing upcoming med students and having such a positive impact! Keep it up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1203169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2011

Went in to emergency with a dislocated shoulder, Dr Agulnik was very calm and compassionate. He explained to me what he was going to do. Within seconds he had very gently put my shoulder back in its socket all without having to put me to sleep. An amazing man to whom I'm very grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1203168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Agulnik took excellent care of me in emergency. He was compassionate and effective in his treatment of my fracture. Very likeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1203167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

Dr Agulnik was very wonderful. I came into emergency with stomach problems and he ran all these tests on me right away. He did not dismiss my worries or send me home. He;s an amazing doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1203166].votes_count ]]