Rate Dr. Philip Barer

Dr. Philip Barer's Ratings

Dr Barer was my orthodontist for two years. He removed my braces too early and there is still an overlap of my bottom row of teeth. I did not enjoy seeing him for visits and felt he rushed each one. I would not recommend him based on his rushed manner and poor result.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2014 | flag

Very lovely guy. My braces did the job, and his clinic was helpful in following-up with me regarding appointments.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Barer (and his staff) are absolutely fantastic! They are so friendly, have a great sense of humour, and do their jobs well. I have absolutely no complaints! He seems to generally care about his patients, and has friendly 'catch-up' conversation with them, which usually includes a few laughs! I got my braces off a while ago so I only need to visit him once a year now, and boy oh boy do I wish I still had them on sometimes just so I could visit! (PS: He has an oldschool pacman machine in his waiting room :D)

Submitted Oct. 28, 2011 | flag

Dr. Barer took an impossible situation and turned it around. He organized all the best doctors to treat my daughter and became the gatekeeper of her care. 9 years later, she is finished and it was nearly a miracle

Submitted Aug. 20, 2010 | flag

Like others I agree Dr. Barer is an amazing orthodontist! He was able to work with my crazy schedule and make adjustments when I was in town. Did exactly what needed to be done. Excellent, and cheery support staff as well.

Submitted May 15, 2009 | flag

The best there is! It took me a long time to find him but he is worth every penny!

Submitted April 22, 2008 | flag

Philip Barer was recommended by our dentist and we are pleased that we took her advice. He offered three options for my daughter's teeth - no treatment, partial (front) braces or full braces. He explained the pros and cons and costs of each option, without bias or pressure. By contrast, another ortho we saw insisted on the full treatment as he was too busy to bother with the partial treatment. We opted for the partial treatment, which was ideal for my daughter situation. Braces were off in half the usual time and the cost was reasonable. The result is excellent. I recommend Dr. Barer without hesitation. He is technically competent, considerate and personable.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2007 | flag

He may be a great doctor, but he reuses his gloves from the last patient. Just watch him next time you are there. He washes the gloves he used on his first patient and then puts them in the mouth of the next patient. He did a great job at fixing my teeth. I know putting on new gloves everytime is difficult, but come on, this is our health.

Submitted April 19, 2007 | flag

Dr. Barer is great with patients he really made my son feel comfortable and at ease. Braces were no problem for him thanks to Dr. Barer

Submitted April 13, 2007 | flag