You may also like

Rate Dr. Norman Thie

Dr. Norman Thie's Ratings

Terrible, terrible service. Took 45 minutes just to get into the exam room. Then told he'd be another 20 minutes! Guy thinks only his time is important

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I paid $300 for him to refer me to a physiotherapist.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2713437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

Thank you Dr. Thie, your office and staff. Appreciated

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2611560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562844].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

I was referred to Dr.Thie a few months ago about my TMJ issues because I can't get any further dental work done until it's resolved. He was a very patient, informative doctor who has a great staff working with him. The costs are high (to be expected) but they do offer payment plans. I was sent for imaging and I'm just waiting on the results. I have a co-worker who sees him also and she has nothing but nice things to say. TMJ takes patience and for those of you who don't like him because it's a "long process", well, it doesn't fix itself over night. I look forward to working with Dr.Thie over the next while to deal with my issues and I would recommend him to anyone who suffers from TMJ and isn't looking for a "quick fix" but rather a long term solution.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2445104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Thie's office during the process of getting braces - it was recommended that I ensure my TMD issues would not be made worse by getting braces. While their usual wait time is a few months for new patients, I was able to get an appointment much earlier by asking to be on their cancellation list. The staff were capable, friendly and quick to answer my questions. They also sent a request for pre-approval to my work insurance company which saved me some work. After being seen by Dr. Thie twice (first for an assessment and referral to have imaging work done, second for a follow up appointment), I can say with certainty that he is an experienced, funny man, who is easy to talk to and knowledgable in his field. He took the time to listen to my concerns and explain what my issues were, giving me easily accessible solutions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2445103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Was referred by my dentist, and again told he was the "best". He felt my jaw and had me open my mouth to check for clicking. Decided I didn't have a TMJ problem and didn't need an appliance to deal with this, even though I have had one for 23 years to this point. My previous specialist (Walter Buck) passed away, but was infinitely better. Dr. Thie is rude, does not make eye contact, avoids answering direct questions, and has to be asked the same thing repeatedly to get an actual answer. I had to ask repeatedly for a perscription he had earlier recommended, and then was told I could only get it at a pharmacy run by a friend of his. Not true. Has caused me to have doubts about my dentist who I have seen for years. Would not recommend Dr. Thie to anyone. After several months, and several visits, I still don't have a splint that helps, and nobody at the clinic seems to care. Very frustrating after paying so much, most of which is not covered by benefits.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2445102].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 10, 2014

Was referred to Dr. Thie for severe TMJ pain, my dentist said he was "the only" TMJ specialist in Edm. It takes weeks to get in for an appointment, which is frustrating when you are in a lot of pain (which I was and am). The Dr. was 20 mins behind for my appt but I was eager to get help. He felt the muscles in my jaw/face, measured my jaw opening and then gave me 30 days of muscle relaxants and told me to "take it easy". His asst then gave me a bunch of the usual TMJ info and said they would follow up with me. I never heard back from the clinic, and almost a year later I had to call them to follow up (still in the same amount of pain). This time he was 30 mins late, and only came in, asked if things were the same, then prescribed Sublinox (Ambien) and said it should help me sleep at night. His asst then said they could make me a splint and quoted me $1500 that would be in no way covered by my benefits provider. I am still desperate for help with my TMJ pain, and would not go back.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1205486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2013

Treatment with respect and patient focused comfort and care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1205485].votes_count ]]