Dr. L. Dhurjon

Rate Dr. L. Dhurjon

Dr. L. Dhurjon's Ratings

I have had three visits with Dr Dhurjon, enduring the apparently standard long hours of waiting. Like others, I found him to be strangely cold and impatient with human communication. I am ready to allow for this lack of compassion if technical competence makes up for it, and that appears to be the case. However there is one crucial area where his attention seems to fail. That is in his administration of office matters. One of my eyes is nearly blind and Dr Dhurjon discovered a problem with my optic nerve. He said he would refer me to a neurologist, and asked me to let him know if I didn't hear anything in six weeks. The six weeks passed. I telephoned his office. The assistant told me they would call back. Then seven weeks passed with no call. I phoned again. This time the assistant's information made me realize the doctor hadn't yet even prepared the referral letter. Aargh!

Submitted Nov. 22, 2012 | flag

Had an referral to him due to sudden changes in vision and a large spot in my line of vision. His response was don't look at it. I understand we are there for their expertise but if we all had to pay for his service I bet his waiting room would be empty! We have no choice unfotunately than to put up with it, It's free right? what more do you want. Too bad we can't go to OHIP and tell them not to pay when service is bad.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2012 | flag

This doctor has little to no people skills. He offers no feedback or information on what he is doing to treat you, and gives one the impression that he is not interested in hearing anything from you while he is treating you. Your visit appears to be an inconvenience to him. If I had the option I would go to a different doctor.

Submitted July 25, 2012 | flag

I have been taking my elderly father to see DR.D for about 2 years now. At first he seemed very quiet and reserved. over time he has warmed up to me, my father and my 8 year old son. hr jokes around with my son every time we r there. although he is quiet and reserved that does not take away from his impecable knowledge and skills. He is extrodinarily smart and he knows what he is doing. he has been a great instrument in keeping my father from going completely blind. All the nasty comments about him are so rude. Not everyone has a bubbly, uppity up personality. He gets the job done and done right!!!!! I am very thankfull for Dr. D.

Submitted April 24, 2012 | flag

Saw dr. dhurjan on 19 th dec. Didn't have to wait, staff good. He isn't very communicative but pleasant enough. I dont go to the doctor for a social visit, just want to find out what is going on with my eyes. Will go to him again if there is a need!

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

Well i don t go to specialists to chat or be nice....i go there to get a problem solved and that s what this doctor did!! What i look to find is knowledge and not his or hers social interacting!!!

Submitted Sept. 6, 2011 | flag

I am a nurse from rural North Western Ontario. I traveled 600km to see this "doctor". I couldn't drive myself, therefore my friend took a day off from work to take me (lost wages on top of gas for travel and lodging/food). While waiting an hour and a half to see the "doc", there were times I saw him laughing and joking with his staff. I thought "Oh good, he's in a good mood." - WRONG. Upon entering the room with a lethargic look on his face and no verbal acknowledgment of my presence, he tapped his machine - wanting me to put my chin in the machine. Upon finishing the exam he gestured 2 pieces of paper to me - NO EYE CONTACT OR WORDS SPOKEN TO ME THE ENTIRE APPOINTMENT! He finally said "See you in 3 months!" I finally had enough and asked him "are you at least going to ask me how I feel, or how my eyes are?" "NO! I have the results right here!" There's more, but I've reached the limit.I'm notifying COP

Submitted Aug. 24, 2011 | flag

Very unprofessional. Very rude and ignorant. No communication skills. Puntuality is pathetic.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2011 | flag

Condescending. Rude. Arrogant. Not punctual. Not approachable.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2010 | flag

Dr. Dhurjon and his staff provided me with fantastic care for a severe case of uveitis/iritis. He was very responsive to my questions and provided me with plenty of supplemental information to research my condition. He followed me every step of the way and seemed deeply concerned with the aggressiveness of this condition. Couldn't have asked for a better doctor!

Submitted Aug. 16, 2010 | flag