Rate Dr. Thomas E. Judd

Dr. Thomas E. Judd's Ratings

Dr Judd Delivered my first child (2012) . As with all the other comments, he is a very busy doctor so sometimes the waits can be long in the office. The staff in his office are very nice and seem excited for you and your pregnancy. He has very dry humor and is one of those personalities you may or may not like. I never felt rushed through any appt. He will chat with you and is very friendly but has very sarcastic remarks when you ask things about pregnancy. If you ask "I have heartburn is there anything I can do? " his response will be "well, you shouldnt have gotten pregnant" Of course he is joking, but I know that can rub people the wrong way. He will truthfully answer when you have a complication or concern and knows what he is talking about. He is a very "medical" doctor during your delivery, he does what is best for you and the baby. If you trust in him and his judgement you will be fine. He does like to induce and get babies out as quickly as possible. I was completely comfortable during my labor and delivery and when he noticed that I was not stretching enough to get the baby out he cut me a little instead of letting me tear and cause more problems. This made delivery go by much quicker, which I appreciated. The only issue I had was when I was in the hospital the nurses had to keep calling him to come in because he didn't believe that a "first time baby" would be coming so quickly. He almost missed the birth. If you are looking for a medical approach, he is a great doctor. If you are looking for natural, midwife or unmedicated, I would go somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2682685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

Dr Judd delivered my twin girls all parenatologist highly recommended him I was told when things get rough he is the guy you want, they was right he is the best in the business not to mention he is the only obgyn I know in utah that has the confidence to deliver twins vaginal

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2664898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

Bottom line, Dr. Judd is one of those doctors that you can otherwise handle his personality or not. I was referred to him several years ago when I was pregnant with my first child by several people. The wait was long with my first two children at my appointments, but now that he's in a new office it seems to go much quicker. I don't mind either way. I have always loved him as a doctor. Know that he is a very busy one, so some days he may be late or possibly not be able to deliver your baby. He is more to inducing, episiotimies, and epidurals but he makes it your decision. I'm happy to be there again with the pregnancy of my third child. He is very knowlegable and knows what he is doing. He always answers any questions I've had. My last pregnancy I chose to induce because of my husbands military job and he was right there ready for me to deliver. He's delivered a lot of babies so he knows his stuff and if you have concerns and he doesn't seem concerned then you probably don't have anything to worry about. I'm having complications this pregnancy and he seemed worried about my well being which is comforting as well. I would reccommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Dr. Judd is a great OB! I was recommended to him by about 3 people. He does have a blunt and dry personality. He can be funny but he is very helpful! Some times there is a bit of wait to get in because he has so many patients but he spends the time with you need. I never felt rushed ever! He was great with my pregnancies. He was ok with the fact that I did not want an epidural, he would just ask if I was sure then let it be the end of it. He is into more of inducing because of his busy schedule with how many patients he has but he is ok with not doing one. But know there is a chance that he won't be available to deliver your baby if you choose not to induce. Which the other dr. in the office then does it. He likes to do episiotomies as well because its an easier stitch but I did not want that with my second and he was fine not doing it. He does listen and takes very good care of his patients despite what anyone says. He just has a personality you need to learn t get along with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2014

Dr Judd IS AMAZING!!! I love him and his humor! He made me feel so comfortable and also took the time to write notes about things we discussed and would follow up with me on my next visits (such as my work, social things). I was unhappy with 2 other offices that I went to searching for an OB for my first pregnancy and I heard about Dr Judd from 3 other people. I figured he had to be worth trying! He was!! Sure, he may be a little busy, but he takes time with you, answers your questions, makes you feel comfortable, jokes with you and most importantly, he KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!! He also doesn't rush to do C-sections. My little boy(2011)was having trouble (we lost his heart beat) and Dr Judd was able to get him out fast and safe using forecepts. I am excited to see him again for my #2 - currenlty pregnant :) I'd rather wait a little longer in an office for him than a shorter wait for someone not as good or experienced. His nurses all love him! And to me, that also says a LOT!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

A very bad obgyn with questionable morals. I would avoid him at all costs! Any other doctor would be a better choice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2011

Dr. Judd essentially fired me for asking questions about concerns that I had, not being willing to have an epidural, and requesting that I be able to leave the bed during labor to walk or get in the shower. He was extremely rude and abusive to me stating that I "was free to stand on my head and have a baby, but I will not be responsible for killing your child." He has 41 years experience, is extremely medical and not willing to do anything that does not fit his view of labor and delivery. He is not very personable and compared me to a used car with high miles on several occasions. If you want an epidural and don't want to have much input in your labor and delivery he might be an excellent doctor, but if you are interested in any part of the process or want to ask questions he will listen, but will not give you any good advice or be willing to help. Also, don't question his way of doing things b/c he will send you out the door crying.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1207127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2011

When I found out I was pregnant with my first baby my friend immediately recommended Doctor Judd. I had no other doctors in mind so I decided to go with him. I didn't mind him the first couple visits but I ended up having a some complications and at one point thought I was going to miscarry. When I expressed my concerns and worries he did not seem to care. He was not good about answering my questions and made me feel very stupid. I even heard his nurses talking about me right outside my door and how I was an emotional wreck. Seriously who does that? I immediately switched doctors and I am so glad I did because I ended up having a few other complications but felt very validated and secure with the new doctor. I would NOT recommend him to anyone especially if you want someone that will answer your questions and be respectful of how you are feeling.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Had to wait a long time to be seen by the doctor. Was hard getting appointments made with their office because of their work schedule and in ability to work with mine. It seems like they have too many patients and not enough doctors. They have way too many office staff and could use more nurses. The nurses were good. Dr Judd is knowledgeable but very busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

Dr. Judd was fabulous with the delivery of my twins. He really knows what he is doing and I really had a great experience. Even my insurance high-risk nurse mentioned that she knew that I was in good hands with Dr. Judd. Truth told, I wasn't so sure at first. I actually was considering going to another doctor. I didn't think he was really good at listening, and sometimes it was hard to get the information I was looking for out of him, but in the end he was amazing at delivering the babies. He has a lot of experience, and I'd be nervous delivering twins with anyone else. He was even so kind as to voluntarily do some "reconstructive" work on the poor stitch up job my previous doctor did with the delivery of my first. No need for a C-section, and my recovery was quick. I would recommend him to anyone. When it comes down to it, he is fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207125].votes_count ]]