You may also like

Rate Dr. Thomas E. Judd

Dr. Thomas E. Judd's Ratings

Dr Judd refused to give me pain medicine for 30 hours of my 33 hour labor until the nurses reported I was going into shock. I went into labor on a Friday evening. By Saturday afternoon, when asked why he wouldn't give me an epidural he said, "Why would I want to work on the weekend?". He explained that giving me an epidural would accelerate my labor and he was hoping I would not give birth on the weekend when he was on call. I suffered unnecessarily at his hand until my safety and the baby's was at risk, until he was forced to help me. After the epidural, my body relaxed and the Baby came in three hours. I feel that what he did to me was terrible, especially because he earlier told me Lamaze classes were unnecessary because I was just going to get an epidural anyway.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I LOVE Dr. Judd! He took me as a late transfer from a midwife group with my first pregnancy and I am so glad I switched! He is one of the most experienced in the field and is very knowledgeable and skilled. He tells it like it is. I felt very safe in his care and trusted his judgement. The most important factors to me were my health and my baby's health and safety, and that is what his top priorities are, too. He's not going to sing you lullabies or rub your feet during labor, but he will make absolutely certain that you and your baby are safe and healthy. On top of that, he will not make you go through more pain than necessary. Actually, he prefers the opposite! At 39 weeks and 2 days I had an elective induction with him. I was about 3 cm and partially effaced when we started but I had a 'favorable' cervix and it all went wonderfully! I felt very little pain throughout the whole process - I had an epidural administered before any big contractions hit, I didn't even feel my water break, and I only pushed for 4 MINUTES! With my first baby! It was so amazing. I would highly recommend him and I seriously hope he doesn't retire before I'm done having babies!
Also, he's hilarious! My husband and I both loved going to our appointments with him because he made us both laugh and made us feel very comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I believe Dr. Judd to be extremely knowledgeable and has in his heart the desire to do what's best for a mother and baby. Some women dislike his humor and others feel that his opinion comes across as pushy, but always I have only found him to tell me straight up how he feels if I ask, and he always lets it be my decision without judging me. If he ever seems against a practice or idea, I've found he usually has many experiences and reasons for thinking the way he does. A good man and an excellent doctor all around!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr Judd Delivered my first child (2012) . As with all the other comments, he is a very busy doctor so sometimes the waits can be long in the office. The staff in his office are very nice and seem excited for you and your pregnancy. He has very dry humor and is one of those personalities you may or may not like. I never felt rushed through any appt. He will chat with you and is very friendly but has very sarcastic remarks when you ask things about pregnancy. If you ask "I have heartburn is there anything I can do? " his response will be "well, you shouldnt have gotten pregnant" Of course he is joking, but I know that can rub people the wrong way. He will truthfully answer when you have a complication or concern and knows what he is talking about. He is a very "medical" doctor during your delivery, he does what is best for you and the baby. If you trust in him and his judgement you will be fine. He does like to induce and get babies out as quickly as possible. I was completely comfortable during my labor and delivery and when he noticed that I was not stretching enough to get the baby out he cut me a little instead of letting me tear and cause more problems. This made delivery go by much quicker, which I appreciated. The only issue I had was when I was in the hospital the nurses had to keep calling him to come in because he didn't believe that a "first time baby" would be coming so quickly. He almost missed the birth. If you are looking for a medical approach, he is a great doctor. If you are looking for natural, midwife or unmedicated, I would go somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2682685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

Dr Judd delivered my twin girls all parenatologist highly recommended him I was told when things get rough he is the guy you want, they was right he is the best in the business not to mention he is the only obgyn I know in utah that has the confidence to deliver twins vaginal

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2664898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

Bottom line, Dr. Judd is one of those doctors that you can otherwise handle his personality or not. I was referred to him several years ago when I was pregnant with my first child by several people. The wait was long with my first two children at my appointments, but now that he's in a new office it seems to go much quicker. I don't mind either way. I have always loved him as a doctor. Know that he is a very busy one, so some days he may be late or possibly not be able to deliver your baby. He is more to inducing, episiotimies, and epidurals but he makes it your decision. I'm happy to be there again with the pregnancy of my third child. He is very knowlegable and knows what he is doing. He always answers any questions I've had. My last pregnancy I chose to induce because of my husbands military job and he was right there ready for me to deliver. He's delivered a lot of babies so he knows his stuff and if you have concerns and he doesn't seem concerned then you probably don't have anything to worry about. I'm having complications this pregnancy and he seemed worried about my well being which is comforting as well. I would reccommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Dr. Judd is a great OB! I was recommended to him by about 3 people. He does have a blunt and dry personality. He can be funny but he is very helpful! Some times there is a bit of wait to get in because he has so many patients but he spends the time with you need. I never felt rushed ever! He was great with my pregnancies. He was ok with the fact that I did not want an epidural, he would just ask if I was sure then let it be the end of it. He is into more of inducing because of his busy schedule with how many patients he has but he is ok with not doing one. But know there is a chance that he won't be available to deliver your baby if you choose not to induce. Which the other dr. in the office then does it. He likes to do episiotomies as well because its an easier stitch but I did not want that with my second and he was fine not doing it. He does listen and takes very good care of his patients despite what anyone says. He just has a personality you need to learn t get along with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2014

Dr Judd IS AMAZING!!! I love him and his humor! He made me feel so comfortable and also took the time to write notes about things we discussed and would follow up with me on my next visits (such as my work, social things). I was unhappy with 2 other offices that I went to searching for an OB for my first pregnancy and I heard about Dr Judd from 3 other people. I figured he had to be worth trying! He was!! Sure, he may be a little busy, but he takes time with you, answers your questions, makes you feel comfortable, jokes with you and most importantly, he KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!! He also doesn't rush to do C-sections. My little boy(2011)was having trouble (we lost his heart beat) and Dr Judd was able to get him out fast and safe using forecepts. I am excited to see him again for my #2 - currenlty pregnant :) I'd rather wait a little longer in an office for him than a shorter wait for someone not as good or experienced. His nurses all love him! And to me, that also says a LOT!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

A very bad obgyn with questionable morals. I would avoid him at all costs! Any other doctor would be a better choice!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1207128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2011

Dr. Judd essentially fired me for asking questions about concerns that I had, not being willing to have an epidural, and requesting that I be able to leave the bed during labor to walk or get in the shower. He was extremely rude and abusive to me stating that I "was free to stand on my head and have a baby, but I will not be responsible for killing your child." He has 41 years experience, is extremely medical and not willing to do anything that does not fit his view of labor and delivery. He is not very personable and compared me to a used car with high miles on several occasions. If you want an epidural and don't want to have much input in your labor and delivery he might be an excellent doctor, but if you are interested in any part of the process or want to ask questions he will listen, but will not give you any good advice or be willing to help. Also, don't question his way of doing things b/c he will send you out the door crying.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1207127].votes_count ]]