Dr. KANDEEL Kay Judge

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. KANDEEL Kay Judge has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: excepting champava ins.?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5183117

15/02/14 4 2 1 1 Dr. Judge use to be a caring Dr. who partnered with patients in decisions about health. Changes have doubled patient load, and that's had a negative effect on a patient's ability to get on her schedule and on how she treats patients. She's clearly so stressed out that she's no longer able/willing to care. My recent problems: 1) Getting an appointment (3 mos. out) and then having it cancelled at the last minute 2) I've waited months for a PT referral 3) I've never been treated with such disdain by any Dr. than I was by Dr. Judge at my last visit; treated me as an errant child. Lectured me about how lucky I was that she was "giving" me the 15 minutes she spent with me; there was "a room of 25 people waiting to see me." 3) No follow up with test results - after tests were ordered, I was never contacted re. results; it was left to me to conduct research to decipher the findings. I can't get my Dr.'s perspective because she doesn't contact me to discuss results and I can't get in to see her!
RID: 2625431
24/04/13 5 5 5 5 Compassionate, intelligent, holistic- I am a health care professional and have been going to her for over 10 years. Best doc I ever had!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2550599
04/02/13 3 3 5 5 I appreciate Dr. Judge's compassion and willingness to look at physical ailments from different perspectives. She has given me good health advice and referred me to other excellent specialists when needed. She takes whatever time is needed to answer questions and reach some conclusions regarding appropriate treatment. I'm truly surprised to see criticism that Dr. Judge is arrogant. She's confident and direct but hardly arrogant.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1641012
22/11/11 5 5 5 5 This was my first visit to a doctor that specializes in Integrative Medicine. I was quite impressed with Dr. Judge's professionalism and feel I am finally on a path to better health. I look forward to my follow-up in three months and seeing how her recommendations change my health for the better. I only wish she was taking new patients...but appreciate the chance to have a consult.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

15/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1294711
16/11/10 2 1 1 1 Now that is has been a while and I've changed doctors, I can spill the truth. This doctor is really full of herself and her condescending and arrogant manner relfects that. She loves to hear herself talk. For my depression, she literally told me to give up on myself and make everyone else happy in my life, ignoring what was important to me. Then, my depression would lift and I would be happy. Right!! This "advice" was so half-baked and Sarah Palin-esque that it was the last time I saw her. Beware, or try to treat yourself first for any health concerns.  Respond
RID: 1231837
18/08/10 5 5 5 5 Wonderful doctor. She promptly diagnosed my thyroid disease when other doctors brushed me aside. When I felt like I was not improving, she happily referred me to a specialist, and did not make me feel bad for asking. Very supportive. Friendly demeanor. As for negative comments: Keep in mind that some people are simply rude. I have found that the best way to get good care is to be professional, speak respectfully, take notes, and ask questions. Do not be rude to your doctor! Do not expect them to prescribe you medication that is not warranted, and DO expect them to advise lab tests. Their butt is on the line!
RID: 1197453
27/06/10 5 5 5 5 Incredible doc- takes care of me and my husband. Top 1% in the area in her field, and my husband and I are in both the medical field- we know! PS In her medical group, she does not get paid for tests ordered, and we have never experienced excessive tests. The negative commments below sound libelous and inflammatory and should be removed.  Respond
RID: 1186168
09/06/10 4 1 1 3 Make sure you ask her what tests she's ordering and have her explain in detail why she thinks they're justified. (She'll LOVE that.) She will otherwise order up a slew of tests without telling you what they are, and then you get to pay hundreds of dollars out of pocket for tests YOU KNOW YOU DON'T NEED! Remember, the more tests she orders, the more she gets paid. Force her to be your PARTNER in your own health care and force her to consider YOUR POCKETBOOK when she orders up tests and services.
RID: 1094851
01/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Kandeel Judge is simply "THE BEST!" She not only treats what ales you but she treats the entire body. I love how she incorporates holistic and western medicines. She is caring, she does not rush through the appointment, and most of all she cares about her patients.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 888238
14/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Judge has been taking care of five members of my family for over six years- we all feel like we are in good hands. We have yet to have anything but a stellar interaction with her, so I dont know what the other patient's comment is referring to here. We have had over 50 office visits with her between our family- and she is a true professional and very well respected by all of the other doctors that we see. We feel blessed to have her caring for us- she is smart, personable, loving and truly caring.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 861956
15/04/09 2 1 1 2 Arrogant beyond belief is 100% accurate. Judge is only supportive until the patient (after 1yr, in my case) begins to question her diagnoses or treatment plan. If Judge can't "fix" you in 3 visits or you have questions she can't answer, she will label you as non-compliant and jettison you. Judge also has a frightening habit of making inappropriately personal statements (e.g., "My whole family takes Lexapro, it's no big deal"). When I consulted a psychiatrist, per Judge's referral, to validate Judge's "diagnosis," I was told by the psychiatrist that Judge's diagnosis was just plain wrong. Judge's response to her colleague's criticism: "She doesn't know what she's talking about." When disagreed with Judge, becomes defensive and hostile. Not working productively with other doctors and being unable to accept criticism or opposing views is a poor characteristic in a doctor who is supposed to be an expert in "Integrative Medicine." She is a poor advocate for your health.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $400
RID: 796602
21/02/09 5 5 5 5 I had seen 5 different specialists for 2 years and then I saw her and she found out what was going on with my stomach. Very smart, truly listens, and is thorough. On time for my appointments.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 729398
24/11/08 5 5 5 5 Kind, concerned and loving. I have seen her for 6 years now. She is a healer, not just a doctor.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 575810
25/04/08 5 5 5 5 Best doctor I have ever had. Caring, knowledgeable and really sees me as an idividual, not just a patient number. The longest wait I have had in her office is about 10 minutes. Her staff are all very nice as well.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 516791
17/02/08 5 3 4 4 Arrogant beyond belief. Dismissive of patient research and concerns. I think she is a thorough and careful physician (hence the relatively postive ratings on helpfulness and knowledge), but I couldn't stomach her attitude. When you stop seeing your doctor because you feel demeaned, that's a problem.
RID: 459610
07/12/07 4 1 2 2 She is always running late with her appointments, in my experience it takes at least an hour to get in and out of the office. If you want to be a guinea pig for prescription after prescription without any actual bloodwork or exams, then she is the doctor for you. Oh, and she noticed everytime I was overdue for my pap exam but never bothered to take care of it for me because I was seeing her for a different ailment.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 73756
23/12/06 2 5 5 Very good and caring doctor. She does run quite a bit behind so bring something to read. I've been going to her for 2 years and really like her as a person.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 36474
17/07/06 2 3 5 She is always running at least half hour late for appointments. She is knowledgeable, but doesn't seem to ever read my chart.  Respond
RID: 407583
10/03/06 5 5 5 She brings a mind body approach to medicine- one of the best in the area!  Respond
RID: 407582
23/11/05 4 5 5 I LOVE Dr. Judge. Her office was able to schedule me for a same-day appt in an emergency. Office staff is very helpful, usually easy to get a real person on the line. Doctor is very good at explaining things and making sure I am notified of test results, even when they are normal. Recommend hily  Respond
RID: 8867
04/07/05 5 5 5 Dr. Judge is the best. You can get same-day appointments when you are sick. She really listens, exams do not feel rushed.
Insurance: Pacificare