Rate Dr. Andrew Wade

Dr. Andrew Wade's Ratings

My son was a teenager, almost done with the Children's hospital, when we first saw Dr. Wade. He was absolutely amazing. He encouraged my almost grown up son to take charge of his own health care. Made him answer questions, gather required info, and told him the plans. Of course, I was always there and could speak up at anytime but it was always my son who was the primary contact. It was tough for me to give up the reigns, but my son felt in charge of the unknown! He always took into account the length of drive we had and made sure tests/appointments worked for us. I wish he looked after adults as well!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I have Dr. Wade from when I was 6 years old, till my last date seeing him, September 24th, 2013. He saved my life. No other doctors knew what was wrong with me and some even wanted to operate blind. If Dr. Andrew hadn't of been there, I would have died. He has always treated me like family and I him. His staff are also amazing! Remembering every face and the name to the face. I will miss him dearly, and if anyone's child, or my own, ever have kidney issues, he's the doctor I'd recommend 100%.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207262].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2013

Dr. Wade is an absolute fantastic doctor! We have been seeing him for 10 years after my son was diagnosed with HUS after Ecoli. He reassured us, asked all our questions and makes my son feel so relaxed. I can not thank him enough for all he has done for my son and to put our minds at ease. He ALWAYS is there for us! We are truly fortunate to have a such a spectactular pediactric nephrologist!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2013

My daughter has a rare chronic kidney disease for which we see Dr. Wade. My family has moved several times over the years, so we have seen several nephrologists during this time. Dr. Wade will be the 3rd ped nephrologist we have seen in Calgary as well. (The first was often away on maternity leave, the second we were not pleased with.) Dr. Wade by far surpasses all other doctors we have ever seen in terms of answering questions, bedside manner, spending time going over labs, and being available to answer questions. My daughter and I love Dr. Wade!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2010

We, as a family, would like to echo everyone else who has posted very positive comments on Dr. Wade's knowledge, friendly bed side manner, impressive memory of the family and the family situation which he uses in his holistic approach to treatment and his ability to translate complex and sophisticated issues into understandable language that aids immensely in decision-making. He is a rare doctor who understands, at a young age, that his role is much more than "technician". He combines his skill and expertise with a truly caring way that instills confidence in patient and family that is often sorely lacking in a large, fast-paced institutional setting. We often wonder if it is possible for Dr. Wade, when he mentors other doctors, to "teach" compassion for Dr. Wade truly epitomizes the doctor as "care giver". If we had known this rating site existed earlier, we would hve posted this same message years ago...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2009

Dr. Wade is my hero. My family and I were terrified when I was diagnosed with a rare kidney disease when I was 7 but Dr. Wade helped us so much in understanding the situation and geting us through it. He spent so much time with us and worked extremely hard. I am steriod resistant so that posed as another issue. I was about a week away from needing a transplant when he came up with a treatment that actually worked for me. I truley feel like I owe my life to Dr. Wade and it is my dream to follow in his footsteps. He has offered to help me in what ever way to getting into the medical feild. Last summer I did an internship with the Calgary Health Region and he took the time to meet with me and writing the most impressive reference letter. Dr. Wade has given me his email and pager number for when ever I need it. Honestly Dr. Wade is the most amazing doctor I have ever met!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Fantastic doctor. He knows what he is talking about. Very caring and funny. we have been seeing him for about 9 years. Never once disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr Wade is amazing he was the first doctor we saw when our son was born and diagnosed him very quickly. He is a very friendly guy that makes it easy for the kids to feel comfortable with him. He makes sure the parents know and understand the stuff that is going on and he is also very good at including the siblings if they are in the room as well. keep up the great work Dr.Wade there is not many out there like you anymore

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2008

Dr. Wade is great. Three years ago my son was sent to ACH after becoming serverely sick. Dr. Wade was the first doctor we saw and he did not stop investigating what was the problem. Once Dr Wade and his team figured it out, he sat down with us and explained everything at our level. Even my mom was very comfortable with him. While my son was in the hospital Dr. Wade would come in and have water fights or silly string fights with him, making him laugh. I think a doctor that can relate to the kids like this makes one fantastic doctor. Keep it up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207255].votes_count ]]