You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul Savage

Dr. Paul Savage's Ratings

I would have to start by saying Dr. Savage saved my vision with an emergency retinal detachment operation 6 years ago on New Year's Eve. Since then I have 20/25 vision corrected in the eye and have returned to my flying career. He is an excellent Doctor and the facility is excellent for anyone with any eye issues. I will also comment that I have experience everything listed on this website. However, today was a different story..
The reception was friendly and they had me fill out the usual paperwork. It is the first time I was attended to in the first 5 minutes after coming here for 6 years. I completed all pre examination eye test, blood pressure, drops etc within 15 mins. I was in one of the waiting rooms within 30 mins and was seen by Dr. Savage about 10 minutes later. The atmosphere was calm and I even heard a few staff laughing behind the reception desk as I waited for the pre exam tests. The entire place is now run by Phillipine workers who are all very pleasant and courteous. No doubt all on LMO's and working hard to get the residency status. The point of the report is there was no sign of his wife and the tempo of the whole place had changed!!! It was very calm and the hall between the exam rooms were silent. Dr. Savage was very informative during my exam and talked much more even to the point of asking if I had any further questions. He also had a male Phillipine attendant working with him. If Dr. Savage and the entire staff take anything away from this review it would be that they realize the staff are more than capable of running the operation without being abusive or disrespectful to the people who bring him business. No matter what business your in, if you continue to treat you customers poorly they will eventually stop coming...as there are other options!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Each and every time I have taken my mother to her appointment, I have witnessed abuse by the reception directed toward patients and the people accompanying them. Dr. Savages's patients tend to be a more vulnerable population as the majority are elderly. If this isn't an example of senior abuse, I don't know what is. His horrible office manager should be fired. I don't care if it is his spouse or not. No one should be subjected to her bullying. She should seek professional help for her behaviour toward others. Personality disorder I suspect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2804614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I wouldn't trust my eyes with any other surgeon but his front desk staff are by Far the rudest, bullying folks I've ever dealt with. On numerous occasions I've seen them make their patience cry. Unacceptable

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I would agree with all of the comments on this website about the office manager, Dr.Savages wife. I would also add that Dr. Savage rushes through each patient and gets extremely annoyed when you ask for further clarification or ask questions. Coming to the office for appoitments is very stressful and had I had a choice I would not come here. On another note, the technology and the equipment as well as the cleanliness of the office is phenomenal. Its too bad that nothing is being done about the red head- the medical association should step in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2778840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Savage may be a knowledgeable doctor, but the Red Head that runs everything and everybody is a bully and abusive to the patients. She runs the office like it was her personal jail and has ridiculous rules and regulations. I walked out of this establishment and went to another Ophthalmologist's office to move my files to his office and the staff there were very understanding and sympathetic to my situation. They also confirmed that the working environment at Dr. Savages office is horrible and even the staff there have quit and left because of the Red Headed Witch. I refuse to be bullied by this woman and would never recommend anyone to this doctor's office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I am so grateful to Dr. Paul Savage for saving my eyesight in one eye when I needed laser surgery for my retina. My last visit to the office was on March 23rd, 2015 and I had to go to the reception desk after to say it was fantastically fast and efficient. I have never been through an eye doctor's office so efficiently. Thank you to the office staff there.
Rosemary Hujsa

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2760622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

I've found Dr. Savage to be a very knowledgable specialist in his field, but he is always way overbooked, and his staff are very stiff and unfriendly. I, among quite a few others, spent over 2 hours waiting to see the doctor for what turned out to be a 5 minute appointment. This has happened a couple of times to me, and no explanations or apologies were given, so I assume this is normal behaviour for this office. Suggest others consider different retina specialists if you are referred, unless you really enjoy waiting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2744687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

After a severe infection left me without sight in my left eye, Dr Savage and his colleague, Dr Murray performed emergency vitrectomy at 1:00 am. I am still waiting for the blurring to clear, but the care I received at Rockyview Hospital by the Surgeon and all staff, was absolutely first rate!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2708624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

The most abusive office my parents have ever gone to. That office needs to be reported!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2705022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Savage for many years and I find him to be very competent and answers your questions. HOWEVER his red-headed witch of an office manager is a different story - she has no people skills whatsoever. Over the years I have seen her being consistently nasty and abusive to patients (I was never affected). Until my appointment 6 months ago when she would not let my husband approach me in the "dark" waiting room even though we could see each other! As well she forced me to turn off my ipod that I was using to entertain myself while waiting. It is unfortunate that one member of Dr. Savage's staff can bring his whole practice down. At my appointment this week, she must have read the comments here as spouses were being allowed to accompany patients in the "dark" waiting room and she was not interacting with patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2696190].votes_count ]]