Rate Dr. Paul Savage

Dr. Paul Savage's Ratings

I would rate my experience as a 10/10. The staff was excellant and Dr. Savage was personable, and seem concerned They ran more tests with updated equipment and qualified staff**********

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I am a patient of dr savage for several years and am amazed at the efficiency of him and all staff he is the best

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2555669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I have been a patient for over ten years and have never had a problem with staff they efficient we'll trained and considerate. There is a responsibility of the patient when seeing a doctor and in this case a highly reputable skilled surgeon. Acknowledged as the best retinal surgeon in western canada. To treat the office and staff as they treat you and in my eyes and ten of my immediate family and friends who are patients of his too. They are the best. Get some manners you people out there and open your eyes and you will see a very highly surgeon with a fine trained staff. Turn your cell phones off as requested and behave yourselves. These people are not slaves they are professional medical staff and I and many others consider ourselves very fortunate to be able to have him as our. Dr

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2553615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

never had a problem or concern in the last 13 yrs i have been going there , fantastic dr

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2534345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

OMG!!! I am flabbergasted at my visit to Dr. Savage’s office today. This red headed woman came up behind me in the waiting room and started screaming at me. Literally. She called a gentmen out from the office to assist her. I had my cell phone on, but I had it on silent as I was waiting for an update on my father’s health. She involved the entire waiting room to her cause, without even allowing me to say anything. I asked her if she could lower her voice and stop yelling at me, so that I could say why I even had the power on, but she was so verbally abusive and hostile, I wasn’t “permitted” top say a word. I was told that she was tired of people on their phones and not paying attention to the sign up front, I tried to explain I had it on silent as to not disturb other patients, but she cut me short. Told me Dr. Savage would not see me that I was to check out. I asked to speak to Dr. Savage or have him call me. She told me he WOULD NOT. She was speaking for him. What gives, does this man not have any self respect. So, after having my eyes just dialated, I was forced to leave the building. When I was leaving she was asking all the people in the waiting room for their names so she could have a back up, sensing I would file a complaint. The “older” patients in the waiting room were commenting, you young people just can’t do anything without your phones! I’m 57!!! In hind sight, I should have asked at the front desk for their phone number for my sister to call their office if she had to reach me immediately. But I never even though of that, as in my family physician’s office, they say it’s fine to have the phone on, just the sound/ringer off at all times. WHAT AN EYE OPENER TODAY. This woman should not be allowed to own a pet! Any recommendations on a different opthamologist? Could use one after today, since Dr. Savage doesn’t want to see me as a patient anymore. (I’m back in the office, desparately, trying to read my screen )

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2529052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Visit many doctors but always dread these visits. It's bad enough losing your sight but to feel such hostility in the office makes it an appointment so unpleasant. Dr savage great. Staff could use English language training and lessons on being personable and friendly .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

After experiencing this office first hand, I am able to comment that all of the ratings below are sadly true. I am disgusted that people are indeed treated so horribly by The office manager at this clinic. Sadly, as she is also the Doctor's wife, there will likely be no change. Please know that each person has a voice and a choice! The College of Physicians and Surgeons have a complaint process.. Be your own advocate. There are also other physicians available for your treatment. Don't settle. Be referred elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2445161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Each of my last 3 annual review appointments was rescheduled due to a change in Dr. Savage's surgery schedule; which is AOK. What is not OK is that the messages were delivered in such a heavy Eastern accent that my wife and I had to replay them 3 times to be able to determine what was said. I phoned the office and talked to what sounded like a young Canadian woman, albeit never having seen an occidental behind the desk, to confirm my change in appointment and took the opportunity to point out that the last 3 phone messages had been unintelligible. Well, you should have heard the hot, defensive, argumentative denial; followed by a loud hang-up. Dr. Savage is a fine surgeon and a concerned doctor who runs an amazingly efficient clinic; which is the only reason I would return.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I have escorted my Mother to this office for 2 years now. I would first like to say that Dr Savage himself is a very good doctor and cares about his patients. He is one of the nicest doctors I have met and my Mother agrees that he has a wonderful way with his patients. The problem in this office is the Office manager who really is a terrible bully! Neither I or my Mother have been personally attacked by this woman YET, however we have both had to be in the uncomfortable position of witnessing her attacks on other patients almost every time we are there. She is determined to humiliate & degrade for ANY REASON and seems proud of herself for doing it. It is the strangest thing I have ever seen. It is so bad that I am assuming she has some kind of mental health issue that is causing this bizarre behavior. So maybe it isn't really her fault due to an illness, but I sure hope she gets the help she needs so that it isn't so tense in that waiting room!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207610].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

I am writing as a companion to a patient. Dr. Savage is a highly skilled and professional ophthalmologist. His staff are awful. Every time I walk into his office, I feel like I am being barked at by a vicious dog as opposed top being welcomed by a caring receptionist. After today, I will not cross the threshold which unfortunately leaves my partner at the mercy of the wolves!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207609].votes_count ]]