Rate Dr. Paul Savage

Dr. Paul Savage's Ratings

I've found Dr. Savage to be a very knowledgable specialist in his field, but he is always way overbooked, and his staff are very stiff and unfriendly. I, among quite a few others, spent over 2 hours waiting to see the doctor for what turned out to be a 5 minute appointment. This has happened a couple of times to me, and no explanations or apologies were given, so I assume this is normal behaviour for this office. Suggest others consider different retina specialists if you are referred, unless you really enjoy waiting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2744687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

After a severe infection left me without sight in my left eye, Dr Savage and his colleague, Dr Murray performed emergency vitrectomy at 1:00 am. I am still waiting for the blurring to clear, but the care I received at Rockyview Hospital by the Surgeon and all staff, was absolutely first rate!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2708624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

The most abusive office my parents have ever gone to. That office needs to be reported!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2705022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Savage for many years and I find him to be very competent and answers your questions. HOWEVER his red-headed witch of an office manager is a different story - she has no people skills whatsoever. Over the years I have seen her being consistently nasty and abusive to patients (I was never affected). Until my appointment 6 months ago when she would not let my husband approach me in the "dark" waiting room even though we could see each other! As well she forced me to turn off my ipod that I was using to entertain myself while waiting. It is unfortunate that one member of Dr. Savage's staff can bring his whole practice down. At my appointment this week, she must have read the comments here as spouses were being allowed to accompany patients in the "dark" waiting room and she was not interacting with patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2696190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2015

The worst, why the waiting room is full is beyond my understanding. His wife is either stupid, or a bully, or both,

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2683354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Best surgeon and most knowledgable From a resident. Dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2014

Dr Savage is a spineless tool! His wife and staff act disrespectfully to patients because he allows them to act this way. Don't be fooled to think he isn't aware of their inappropriate treatment of patients. Find a new doctor. Don't support him and his team of bullies.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2632157].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Dr. Savage, I am so sorry to know that that woman is your wife. Now I have another reason to admire you. Still married!!!!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2627904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Horrendous behavior of the wife of Dr. Savage, who shockingly is also the office manager of his practice! This woman's behaviour is not only overshadowing the efforts that this Doctor has earned to be in his professional position but is sadly damaging his reputation. I have never experienced such degrading, atrocious, rude, and demeaning behaviour in my lifetime. God forbid are the days where you have the right as a patient to ask any questions about your condition without the ramifications of this woman. I have had the opportunity to go through all of the reviews and if you are one of the fortunate who have not experienced her behaviour, perhaps you should before acting in defense. It is NOT acceptable how she chooses to communicate with patients and is most definitely abusive in nature. What is most unfortunate is that Dr.Savage, who is reputable in his expertise, allows this abuse to continue. A sad set of circumstances indeed.... I will not be returning and will be sure to let others know of my experience. There are many reputable specialists in this city where you will never have to be faced with this nor would it be tolerated.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2618840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

The office manager is a real treat....in the worst possible way. I'll never be back

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2609567].votes_count ]]