Rate Dr. Henry Brem

Dr. Henry Brem's Ratings

Dr. Brem removed my brain tumor. It was a very large Meningioma. He performed a difficult craniotomy. He saved my life. Thank you Dr. Brem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I just returned from neurosurgery for a benign intraosseous meningioma that had spread into my frontal sinus as well as into the intra calvarial space, requiring both neurosurgical dissection as well as plastic skull reconstruction. I'm a retired physician as well as status post four major surgeries. I visited 3 centers as well as reviewing my case with 2 others. No one answered my questions, or addressed the particulars of my case with the detail and care of the Hopkins team. Their diagnosis and management was correct per biopsy. My rapid recovery was a testament to the time they took to limit bleeding and swelling . Dr. Brem's plastic teammate, Dr. Gordon, was particularly scrupulous in imagining and designing the prosthetic replacement for my forehead. I reviewed all of their work and papers before choosing them. And am very grateful. vicki

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. Brem saved my life and I am very thankful for this. I was diagnosed with the brain tumor and Dr. Brem did magic by giving my life back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2012

I had surgery in September of 2007, non cancerous tumor. THANK GOD FOR DR.BREM. He was compassionate, skillful,helpful,knowledgable. It was a difficult decision, but with his help and guidance, I was able to make the right one and all is fine today. I cannot believe anything but the best of outcomes with this man's hand. Yes, you have to wait to see him, but he is the head of the neurosurgery department and he was being constantly interrupted while meeting with me and my husband. However, it was worth it to have him as my surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2011

I had my tumor removed March 15 2011 by Dr. Brem. I never seen a more compassionate person as Dr Brem. He did a wonderful job removing the tumor which was non cancerous. I'm doing well in that area thanks to him. When I went to see him after the surgery he was happy to see I was doing so well despite my high blood pressure which I'm working on. When I went to hug him he gave a hug like your father would. I respect him and honor him. Thank You Doc! Millie Pfeiffer

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I can not imagine anyone being able to say anything bad about Dr. Brem. Yes, sometimes he runs very late for appointments, but doctors do have emergencies to attend too. He is a truly gifted surgeon and a very nice human being. My husband and I think the world of him. He did an excellent job removing my tumor and took very good care of me afterwards. His clinical nurse, Eileen is awesome too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2010

This was a complete waste of time! This man sits there with a smirk on his face and cannot answer your questions. He did not have my records with him, which was unprofessional. He was not concerned with our feelings and offered no information that was helpful to us at all. He seemed satisfied that his job was done at the end of our appointment but we were left in a more confused state then prior to meeting with him! Waste of time!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2009

I had to wait 3 hours to see Dr. Brem for my follow-up appointment. I was told, In confidence, by other doctors at Hopkins that he relies on residents and other surgeons to do his operations because he is not a very capable surgeon. When I was in clinic I noticed two other patients arriving in wheelchairs who had similar operations to mine. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Dr. Brem is a brilliant surgeon who saved my husband's life. I believe without Dr. Brem and his staff, including the nurses in the Neurosurgical Intensive Care unit my husband would not be here today. In addition, Dr. Brem is one of the rare doctors whose beside manner matches that of his skill. My husband was at Johns Hopkins for over two months. During this time Dr. Brem left for a much needed vacation in Hawaii never expecting my husband to still be at the hospital. Dr. Brem even called me from Hawaii to assure me he was following our case daily with the on call doctors. I have never forgotten his compassion, skill or that of his support staff. A really brilliant doctor will surround himself with other brilliant professionals - we were fortunate to experience the best Johns Hopkins had to offer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2007

Dr.Brem and all of his staff were wonderful, and yes my appt. was a little off schedule but it was well worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1207710].votes_count ]]