Rate Dr. Martin Benfey

Dr. Martin Benfey's Ratings

Great doctor!!! Never had any problems with him! I find the opposite, he never gives medication, unless needed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

This doctor is terrible! My mother has been going to him for 10 years and he doesn't help her at all. She has been in so much pain for many years and he never looks at the site of the pain, he only looks at his computer and asks questions. He treats with pills and nothing else. He refuses to send her to see specialists and only agrees to send her for testing if she suggests and pushes for it. my poor mother was crying in my living room last night because she's in so much pain and hasn't been helped. She is seeing a new doctor in Gatineau today. Unfortunately, the Quebec province has refused to let her change family doctors as they say she already has one...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

I seeked his help for serious belly pain in august 2012. The drug he prescribed did not work and when I told him so and added the symptoms I was experiencing; he literally laugh in my face and told me that was impossible and to heal myself with Tumbs and Zantax. In February 2014 I was brought to an Ontario hospital( visiting my daughter ) for a gallbladder attack ( the gallbladder looked like a bag full of marbles the emerg. doc told me.. Many of my evenings were very painful and spent in front of the porcelain bowl because of his negligence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Best Doctor I have ever seen. Very helpful and knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1209776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2011

Ce medecin est humain et tres a l'écoute des gens qu'il rencontre, il est poli, diplomate et tres ouvert. Pour ma mere il a été la pierre angulaire qui lui a sauvé la vie. Parce qu'il a pris le temps de chercher le probleme.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1209775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

What an AMAZING doctor!! He took care of a few of my family members and I could never thank him enough for what he did. When my father was dying he made house calls and was always readily available to answer all of our questions. He is so caring and compassionate!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1209774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2008

The biggest problem is the time we have to wait to see him, but it is out of his control...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1209773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2007

Where do I start.....I agree with the first commentor. He treats elderly patients with medication rather than find the root cause of the problem. The bedside manner, well, so far it has been ok with my mom - it is just all the other stuff. He ultimately caused my mother to have a stroke as he did not right down things told to him at time of admission and took her off her blood thinner. I find that most of the time he does not read my mother's chart before going in to see her, only when questions are asked does he go and look at it. He isn't even my mom's family doctor (but that's another story). I can't go on or this would be a novel.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1209772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2007

He has the worst bedside manners in medical history. He has no idea what he's talking about. He prefers to treat elderly people with several medications - keep them drugged so they won't complain ... I guess.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1209771].votes_count ]]