Rate Dr. James Bovard

Dr. James Bovard's Ratings

I have used Dr.Bovard since he took over Dr.Craig's practice 25+ years ago. He has always been very professional, courteous and knowledgable. He will not prescribe any unnecessary drugs. Yes a lot of remedies revolve around stretching and exercise. (He specializes in Sports Medicine.) He delivered my first two children. Dr.Bovard now attends to my three children as needed. They find him easy to talk to and accept his sound advice. We have always found that the exercises he suggests to be most helpful if done as prescribed. I would far rather have a doctor who can offer a natural remedy, rather than a bandaide of drugs.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2013 | flag

I called and the receptionist picked up and said "hold please" and proceeded yo put me on hold without even bothering to wait for a reply. After being on hold for over 15 minutes I hung up and called again. This time there was no answer. If this is how they treat their patients, then it's quite obvious that patient well-being is not important to them.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2012 | flag

He is too quick! Doesn't take time to listen to my concernsf

Submitted May 20, 2012 | flag

I found Dr. Bovard very helpful and concerned about my complaint. Although he was very busy and the appointment was late he still took time to answer all my questions. He was also able to get me in for an MRI really quickly as well.

Submitted April 26, 2012 | flag

Dr. Bovard has been my physician for many years. I have always respected his opinion and really trust him with my health. His assistant Victoria was absolutely fantastic and I have noticed a change since she left - return calls are slow, appt take long, wait period in reception is slow (where Dr. Bovard has had to come out to get patients). I recently attended physio and the therapist asked me what was going on over there as everyone was talking about how disorganized things seemed. I hope Nata gets back in the grove or that Victoria come back!!!!

Submitted April 26, 2012 | flag

I went to him for patellar tendonitis. All he did was give me stretches and exercises to complete. I waited 4 months to get an appointment with him for this! He is rather unprofessional. His iPhone rang during my visit with him, and he just took it and said "I'll be back". I would not recommend him to anybody. On the other hand, his receptionist, Nata, is very friendly and approachable. I complained about neck and lower back pain, and all he did was run to back room to bring me a few papers of stretches to complete. He didn't even ask more about the pain, or request an exam (X-ray). He seems like he is always in a rush. He is always late as well, like 10-15 minutes off my appointment. He is hands down the doctor I've ever dealt with.

Submitted March 20, 2012 | flag

For those of you complaining about Dr.Bovard's staff, you should know that he recently hired back his original assistant Nata.She is very good at her job and makes the office a much more pleasant environment.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

Dr. Bovard is an excellent physician. He is practical, solution oriented, and has a pleasant and friendly manner. His staff can come across as rather rude and abrupt, however.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2012 | flag

Dr Bovard is very knowledgable & professional. He gets right down to business and is alwasy up front with what is going on. I have been dealing with him for 20 years as my family doctor. You may have to wait for a while because he is busy but you know when you see him you will get to the "root" of the problem and have his undivided attention.

Submitted May 17, 2011 | flag

Jim has been very good ....his staff are rude and uncaring. Don't expect to recieve anything like consideration,understanding or compassion from them.They suck...plain and simple.

Submitted May 9, 2011 | flag