Rate Dr. James Mark Lawhon

Dr. James Mark Lawhon's Ratings

Dr. Lawhon does wonderful work, however dealing with his staff and the process of insurance payments is not worth his business. Crazy, lazy, rude people

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637157].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2014

Dr.lawhon is a great dentist. I had a wonderful experience when I came to the office. He explained everything and was did a awesome job on the surgery. I would recommend dr.Lawhon to any and eveeyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2607025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Very bad experienced.Doctor does not have time to explain things to you.Staff rude and lazy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2606456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. Everything went well. No pain just sore now. Had all four removed he is a good dentist. He is very nice and professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2514417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I cracked one of my eyeteeth over the weekend. I went to a dentist and was referred to dr. lawhon for 5 teeth extraction. The main tooth that was hurting, he informed me that medicaid would not pay for and i could pay to have it extracted. If I am on medicaid, do you really think I can pay to have this tooth extracted? He took my whole panorama x-ray. Medicaid only pays for one x-ray. I went to a second dr. for a consult, and they called for the x-ray. Dr. lawhon's office was supposed to send an authorization form for me to sign. We waited 45 minutes and did not receive the form. I scheduled another appointment for 2 weeks out. I went straight to Dr. Lawhon's office. The office was closed. Now I am stuck with a tooth that is causing me agony, and it is going to be at least two weeks before I can get it fixed. Thanks a lot. Definitely would not recommend. Both he and his staff were rude. They treated me like I was a nobody because I was on Medicaid.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Dr. Mark Lawhon is a very professional and talented member of the health community. I am familiar with his staff and family, my wife has been a part of his office staff for some time now and we have been treated with nothing but respect. My son has had a procedure with Dr. Lawhon and I must say the level of patience that he had with my son was admirable. On a side note, if there is known history of a person not reacting well to medication, this should be a topic to bring up to the staff (after all if you allergy to a food product I'm sure you tell restaurant staff). My wife was in the room during the for mentioned event and luckily for you my wife wasn't the assistant that was kicked. Please everyone let you physician know all circumstances that could effect you and the staff's well being, after all my wife has a family to come home to as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Your childs safety and our safety is important in our office. Your child was violent and she pulled the iv out so we were holding and restraining her cause we have sharp instruments during the procedure and we are trying to keep the patients airway protected cause if it's not protected she can have a laryngospasm which is the vocal cords closing up. The patient afterwards stated that when she had eye surgery it took 5 people to hold her cause she reacted out. When we explain that to you afterwards about her reaction you laughed and you told us about when she had eye surgery. That's not fair that you are talking about us and Dr. Lawhon when all care about is the patients well being..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Please do not take your defenseless child here. Took my child for oral surgery and she got man handled for having a reaction to her sedation. She has bruises all over her right shoulder and arm from where she awoke in a panic and they said it was because of restraining her . I now have to have her shoulder examined . She came out saying after she woke and realized where she was she couldn't understand y the doctor was being so mean to her. When I confronted the nurse and doctor he was more worried about his nurse being bruised from my had kicked at his nurse when she had a reaction to the meds. Very unprofessional and not good with kids at all. He seems as though he has hidden anger problems.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2482996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Unprofessional. Will not return to this office and would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445236].votes_count ]]