Rate Dr. James Mark Lawhon

Dr. James Mark Lawhon's Ratings

Got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. Everything went well. No pain just sore now. Had all four removed he is a good dentist. He is very nice and professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2514417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I cracked one of my eyeteeth over the weekend. I went to a dentist and was referred to dr. lawhon for 5 teeth extraction. The main tooth that was hurting, he informed me that medicaid would not pay for and i could pay to have it extracted. If I am on medicaid, do you really think I can pay to have this tooth extracted? He took my whole panorama x-ray. Medicaid only pays for one x-ray. I went to a second dr. for a consult, and they called for the x-ray. Dr. lawhon's office was supposed to send an authorization form for me to sign. We waited 45 minutes and did not receive the form. I scheduled another appointment for 2 weeks out. I went straight to Dr. Lawhon's office. The office was closed. Now I am stuck with a tooth that is causing me agony, and it is going to be at least two weeks before I can get it fixed. Thanks a lot. Definitely would not recommend. Both he and his staff were rude. They treated me like I was a nobody because I was on Medicaid.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Dr. Mark Lawhon is a very professional and talented member of the health community. I am familiar with his staff and family, my wife has been a part of his office staff for some time now and we have been treated with nothing but respect. My son has had a procedure with Dr. Lawhon and I must say the level of patience that he had with my son was admirable. On a side note, if there is known history of a person not reacting well to medication, this should be a topic to bring up to the staff (after all if you allergy to a food product I'm sure you tell restaurant staff). My wife was in the room during the for mentioned event and luckily for you my wife wasn't the assistant that was kicked. Please everyone let you physician know all circumstances that could effect you and the staff's well being, after all my wife has a family to come home to as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Your childs safety and our safety is important in our office. Your child was violent and she pulled the iv out so we were holding and restraining her cause we have sharp instruments during the procedure and we are trying to keep the patients airway protected cause if it's not protected she can have a laryngospasm which is the vocal cords closing up. The patient afterwards stated that when she had eye surgery it took 5 people to hold her cause she reacted out. When we explain that to you afterwards about her reaction you laughed and you told us about when she had eye surgery. That's not fair that you are talking about us and Dr. Lawhon when all care about is the patients well being..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Please do not take your defenseless child here. Took my child for oral surgery and she got man handled for having a reaction to her sedation. She has bruises all over her right shoulder and arm from where she awoke in a panic and they said it was because of restraining her . I now have to have her shoulder examined . She came out saying after she woke and realized where she was she couldn't understand y the doctor was being so mean to her. When I confronted the nurse and doctor he was more worried about his nurse being bruised from my had kicked at his nurse when she had a reaction to the meds. Very unprofessional and not good with kids at all. He seems as though he has hidden anger problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Unprofessional. Will not return to this office and would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1210706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Gave this guy 4 chances! I went to him twice and my husband twice. He talks to his dental assistances very rude on all 4 occasions. After he was done I made it a point to tell them thank you and great job. He numbed me up but left me sitting for so long it began to wear off and then he starts stitching me up and I feel everything! He doesn't believe me until the tears start pouring and them numbs me again. Good at his work but very rude, and poor bed side manner to staff and patients. I was fooled my his nice demeanor at consult too but once he began working it went down hill with the service. We will never be back. Also have the same problem with insurance...we paid and it has been 3 months now and we are getting the run around because they have not filed the insurance. They keep saying they have but insurance has received nothing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1210705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I had six teeth pulled. I went in tow timses for extractions and was really impressed. I had no pain and the doctor and staff was very professional. they even called to check on me after i got back home and all. The office helped me out and worked with my insurance. I would Definately go back to this doctor even with an hour drive! JB

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1210703].votes_count ]]