Dr. Gary R. Bodner

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Gary R. Bodner has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Gary" to "Gary R."
RID: 2683480
19/06/13 2 3 1 1 Poor bedside manners. Insensitive comments. Lack of helpfulness. etc. I would not recommend them to anyone.
RID: 1644417

26/11/11 4 2 1 1 dr.bodner ..arrogant, terrible bedside manners, even the nurses in the hospital complained. after a terror filled delivery, i switched to another practice and experienced what a real obgyn should be like. i regret ever entrusting him. hope he stops practicing soon, it hurts to think that another mother to be may go through what i did with this 'joke" cause that's all he is  Respond
RID: 1548504
28/09/11 5 5 5 5 I love Dr Bodner. He is kind, warm and a wonderful doctor. I have never had any pain during an exam or felt uncomfortable. He was there for me when I had cancer and I always call him first for any referral. He's the best!
RID: 1489270

18/07/11 1 2 1 1
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 1266718
06/10/10 5 4 5 5 I love Dr. Bodner - he is not my "usual" OB/GYN, but I've seen him with both of my pregnancies. I liked his personality, liked his directness & felt like he was not rushing me and wanted to make sure I had all my questions answered. A lot of times when you are going thru the prenatal visits & rotating thru the practice, all the doc wants to do is check you off the list, listen to the heartbeat & move you along. That is absolutely not the case with Dr. Bodner. If I can't have my usual OB/GYN for my next delivery, I would happily have Dr. Bodner deliver my child. I don't know why there are negative reviews on him...he's great.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1260736
28/09/10 5 5 5 5 Love Dr. Bodner. Have known him since 1983 when he delivered my daughter. Also delivered my 2 other children. I trust him more than any doctor I see, have referred him to friends and wish he could be my doctor for everything! He's caring and always calls you into his office after an exam to answer your questions, never felt rushed in his office. His staff is friendly and helpful and have worked for him for years.
RID: 1042205
24/11/09 2 4 2 2 I used Dr. Bodner for a long time. I always complained about pelvic pain, but medications usually worked. The pain was getting worse, so I was calling him more. He told me I only wanted to have my belly cut open. He did not feel anything was wrong and he told me all women are hypochondriacs. Ultimately, I switched MDs and it was later found I had severe (Stage IV) Endometriosis! I also had a family history of Endo, so he should have listened more carefully to what I was saying. Further, if he feels all women are hypochondriacs, then he needs to find another area of practice! I partially blame myself for taking so long to be diagnosed because I stayed under his care. I found a GYN who cared enough to help me and BELIEVE me!  Respond
RID: 997529
28/09/09 1 2 1 3 It was terrible decision to visit this doctor. First of all, even if you get an appointment you may not be able to see this clown. He is a good clown but not a doctor. My wife was in serious pain, and we kept calling his office. Finally, the guy calls back and says there is nothing he can do about it. Late in the night, I had to rush my wife to ER. Keep away from this clown.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 932629
09/07/09 1 1 1 1 My visit to this man's office was the worst experience I have had at a medical office. Dr. Bodner has impoverished listening skills and is evidently unable to allow his patients to ask questions or even finish a sentence! He is truly disconnected from his patients and how he comes across to them. He is arrogant,rude and without empathy.
RID: 887037
13/05/09 5 5 5 5 I have known Dr.Bodner for over 30 years.He has always been there for me and a wonderful Dr.He has a great sense of humor and very caring Dr.I have refered many patients to him.He also does beautiful art.
RID: 752327
30/12/08 5 5 5 5 Great Doc! Great Office! My name Is Ms.Reed and Doc Bodner was my dorctor in 1995 and 96 Thanks for everything. And I will refer other
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 348314
18/06/07 1 2 2 I started going to Dr. Bodner, because on paper he met all the criteria’s I wanted in a doctor. As my visits went on, I became very disappointed. He is immensely arrogant. By my 3rd visit with him, I knew he was not the doctor. He asked me by profession on all 3 visits. If you can’t remember, write it down & take the time to review my chart! He had a belittling nickname for my husband, that he insisted on repeating, making my husband feel very uncomfortable. I switched to another doctor in the same practice. Luckily he did not delivery my daughter. If we have another child, I will go to another practice, out of my way to avoid Dr Bodner.
RID: 272322
11/04/07 1 1 3 Wife went into the office to get a second opinion from Dr Bodner. He looked at her chart and got furious that 3 weeks ago she went to see someone else for an opinion ( since his office wouldnt give her an appointment ) and kicked her out of the office. If this is the kind of doctor you want then he is your guy.
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 42067
23/08/06 5 5 5 He is a wonderful person and doctor. He is also very caring and personable. He always makes you feel comfortable and takes time to answer any questions I have. He performed my C-section earlier this year and my scar is barely noticable. Even my husband likes him. I would never trust anyone else to deliver my children.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 20878
12/01/06 3 1 2 He made me feel very uncomfortable during my pelvic exam and did procedures to me without informing me first. His exam was very painful and I changed practices because of him.  Respond
RID: 15479
24/11/05 4 5 5 He is a wonderful person! Always there for you when you need it.  Respond
RID: 8829
03/07/05 4 5 5 I'm alive because of him. He's a sweetheart and very caring. I've been his patient since he was a rookie! I always get a call back from him or his nurse the same day I leave a message - even if it's just for a referral to another type of doctor. Sometimes I have to wait for him, but I never complain. I have had to see him on an emergency basis a few times - he always makes room on his tight schedule for me immediately when this happens and this puts him behind in seeing scheduled patients. He's also a great artist!!!  Respond