Dr. Philip N. Vrkljan

Rate Dr. Philip N. Vrkljan

Dr. Philip N. Vrkljan's Ratings

The doctor and his staff are very pushy as they always are trying to make a sale. If they are not pushing glasses then sunglasses or something.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Dr. Vrkljan and his staff are extrodinarily pleasant, helpful and professional. My family and I have been patients of Dr.Vrkljan for over 1 year, and I am confident in saying that the service has been pleasantly consistant. I love that I receive a friendly phone call to remind me of an appointment. Morover, Dr. Vrkljan and his staff have always taken the time to answer any questions I might have outside of a scheduled appoitment. The office is modern and clean - and the frame selection is of a great variety; both in price and style.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2014

Do not go there, all he wants is your money!!! Very disappointing appointment. I wear contacts and have seen many optometrists on a yearly basis who check my eyes' health and which prescriptions I need for contacts and glasses. This doctor checked my eyes and he seemed so nice, but when I checked out and asked for my contacts prescription, he said that today's visit was only for my glasses and I would have to pay the same fee again if I wanted my prescription for contacts. I was stunned and certainly have never heard of that. I told him which regular service I have experienced but he did not believe me and caused a huge scene. In the end, he pretended to give in and gave me my contacts prescription. I found out soon after that is was completely wrong, because I did go to a another optometrist to check my eyes. He only seems nice on the surface, but certainly is a money grabber.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

Dr. Phil is one of the friendliest, knowledgeable doctors you will ever find! During my last eye exam, step by step he explained what he was testing, what he was looking for and what it means to the average person. He answers your questions before you ask! Other doctors will only answer 1 or 2 of your questions, and be rude doing it! Dr. Phil will not rush you, he takes the time to understand you and makes recommendations based on what will really help you, not to make senseless sales. #1!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2012

I took my kids to see Dr. Phil and it is honestly one of the nicest offices I have ever seen for an Optometrist. It's completely new and updated and has tons of different glasses to choose from (including a pretty large selection of kids glasses). He also has a DS for kids to play with while they are waiting for any parents with impatient kids like me! The front staff were very nice and helpful and Dr. Phil is very personable. He took his time with my kids and they really liked him. I will be booking an exam for myself and my husband with him soon. I would definitely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

"Dr. Phil" is the BEST! He is my eye doctor as well as my children. My son has autism and he had so much patience with him squirming around. I never feel rushed and he always answers all questions. WE JUST LOVE HIM!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Although the staff was not very helpful or friendly, Dr. Vrkljan was very good. Be warned that the office seems a bit chaotic and busy, but when I visited my appointment was only behind by about 15 min. I liked Dr. Vrkljan immediately - he treated me like he had no one waiting for him even though there was a whole waiting room full of people. He gave me a very good eye exam and I will definitely continue to see him. Trust me I have been to other eye doctors where I was shuffled in and out in 5 min with barely even a hello, but Dr. Vrkljan actually spent time with me and really examined my eyes. He is good!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

Dr. Vrkljan is a really good eye doctor. A friend recommended him to me and sure enough he was excellent. I will continue to see him for my yearly eye exam.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

Go see Dr. Phil if you want a real eye exam. I didn't know what I was missing before I saw him. My last doctor just didn't seem to care and rushed me out the door. He talked to me about the different tests he did and told me what it all meant. He also found a small hole in the back of my eye and sent me off to a surgeon who saw me within the week. I will take my kids to see him as well when it's time. He is an awesome doctor and I would definitely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2009

Dr. Vrkljan is the best eye doctor I have ever seen. He talked to me about all the tests he was doing and sent a letter to my family doctor about my diabetes to follow up. He was so friendly and professional that I told my elderly mother and father to go see him as well. I completely recommend seeing him for a doctor with some patience that takes time to talk to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211135].votes_count ]]