Dr. Sam J. D'Ortenzio

Rate Dr. Sam J. D'Ortenzio

Dr. Sam J. D'Ortenzio's Ratings

Drs are great, spent 400 on glasses, wanted adjustment, called sat morn, no answer, dropped in, was told to wait, 45 mins later, ( after watching walk in taken before me) took 2 mins, not impressed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

Would not go back to this doctor. My mom had her eye appointment and he was ready to take her driver's license away. She saw another doctor and was discovered to have cataracts on both eyes. Our family no longer goes to this practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

2 pairs designer bifocals and fee for exam good rates takes interest in his clients. always helpful. patient for near 20 years

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2445256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I do like Dr Dortenzio and Renee but I am re thinking if I will ever go back due to the staff. They are rude and miserable. I have been waiting 2 months for my glasses and no apologies or anything. I can't believe the Dr can't see this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445255].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I have been going to Dr. D'ortenzio's office for 15 plus years. He is professional and knowledgeable. Renee is a lovely woman who is helpful and kind. However the front desk staff are too busy and miserable. I can never call without being put on hold and forgotten about. Staff should never put a client calling long distance on hold.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

I have had Dr D'Ortenzio as my Dr. for thirty years and there is a good reason. I have worn corrective lenses since I was 20 months old and seen many doctors. Dr. D'Ortenzio makes me feel secure that all my vision concerns are taken care of. He did have some unpleasant staff in the past, but I see that there has been a change, for the better, in the office manager in the last 2-3 years.Dr. D'Ortenzio is very pleasant and current in his knowledge and practices. Renee is irreplaceable for help to choose frames. Some of the comments that are negative here are more than six years old and that should be taken into consideration. Staff retires and the remaining staff can form a more content, pleasant group. That's what I see when I am dealing with the staff. All of my children are patients, and now so are their spouses.I wouldn't consider changing my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2013

Great doctor, i have always been happy with my glasses. I have actually always found reception and all staff to be very pleasant, so i was surprised to read comments that the staff were rude. They are always busy when i call or visit, but always so helpful dedpite being busy. Renee always helps me choose frames and i always love them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Dr. D'ortenzio is a great optometrist. No complaints regarding him whatsoever. BUT I will say that the rest of the staff is significantly unhelpful and not the most friendly. I've never been able to call the office without being put On hold for at least 10 minutes (which, at that point, i Proceed to hang up). Reception needs to step up their game or im leaving because their service completely sucks!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. D'Ortenzio for several years and I have no complaints. I think that people need to spend less time evaluating staff performance, the quality of care which is provided by the doctor. It is the most important thing. I would highly recommend Dr. D'Ortenzio.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2010

Dr. D'ortenzio is a great doctor but I agree with some of the other comments his staff is very rude and he needs to do something about it or he is going to start loosing his patients. I for one am deffinitely not going back his staff was very rude when I called in for an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211313].votes_count ]]