Rate Dr. Galina Portnoi

Dr. Galina Portnoi's Ratings

I have never met a nicer, kinder, more caring person than Dr. Portnoi. She is very knowledgeable in new developments in her field, in new procedures and medications. You can ask her any question about your problems, and she will explain everything very thoroughly, easily to understand for a non-medical person, and very patiently. She is always eager to refer you to any specialist who might help you. Dr. Portnoi's smile and encouraging words are an integral part of her practice; they look and sound very sincere as they come from her heart. Because she has so many patients and because she cannot refuse those who have an emergency, patients with appointments usually have to wait for quite some time to be seen by the doctor. The doctor's receptionist can sometimes be rude and bossy, but, I guess,that is a kind of protection for the doctor who finds it hard to say "no" to those who need her help. The receptionist makes sure nobody takes too much advantage of the doctor's kindness.

Submitted May 30, 2013 | flag

Doctor Galina Portnoi has excellent skills in diagnosis. She has a good work net, so she always refers to the great specialists.

Submitted April 22, 2013 | flag

This doctor is a total disaster. She will load you up on pills without checking for interactions or side-effects. My grandfather sees her and is now in the hospital because of her errors in judgement.

Submitted March 10, 2013 | flag

Avoid at all costs! Very rude secretary Rina who acts like she is a doctor and acts like she is doing you a huge favour by talking to you. My mother-in-law is a patient of Dr.Portnoy for many years now and she has always complained about her and her secretary but I always thought that she was just exaggerating. The only reason why she was still her patient is because she speak Russian and my mother-in-law only speaks Russian, and she leave is close by. Doctor is ignorant to what you say, she makes her own assumptions and doesn't let you speak. You feel stupid and embarrassed so you just want to leave the office and never come back. I met her recently when I accompanied my mother-in-law. I just could not believe that she was for real.The secretary should be banned from working or even interacting with people, and the doctor should work as a secretary as she knows just enough to work as a receptionist at a REAL doctor's office. I am now transferring my mother-in-law to my family doctor.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2012 | flag

AVOID! She is a gatekeeper. The doctor who occupied her office before was a sweet old man that loved his job and I have fond memories of him. She could learn a thing or two from him. I would change doctors if I could, but no one seems to be accepting new patients nowadays. The secretary is shrewd and stern, not very kind. Always sees you LATER than scheduled appointment time. Then the doctor will just see you for 5 minutes, and you are on your way. She pays more attention to elderly patients. If you are younger, she will have a very dismissive attitude to any problem you may have. "You're young, it's ok." She will deal with people like me as quickly as possible so she can bill the gov't and get her money. She told me to exercise to deal with anxiety disorder, no referrals to psychiatrists or anyone who could help. Doctors like her are the reason why people dislike doctors! If you have any more issues, she'll tell you to book another appointment to talk about them later. Unbelievable!

Submitted Oct. 4, 2012 | flag

The medical service delivered by this office is a means to waste taxpayers money. No actual help is provided and mistakes happen too often there. The word "care" is unknow to the combination of rude secretary and ignorant and unfriendly doctor.

Submitted July 19, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor, knows her patients well and is always very helpful

Submitted June 8, 2011 | flag

Beware of this doctor! Always get a second opinion! My mother had a pimple that has started growing 6 months ago, doc told her "don't worry, it's not cancer" guess what, she went to a specialist and it is cancer! Thank God it didn't spread and treatable. I'm taking my mom's file and getting her to another family doctor!

Submitted May 10, 2011 | flag

I really like Dr. Portnoi and usually she's very helpful and knowledgeable. But, her secretary Rina is a complete disaster! Although, Dr. Portnoi is my family doctor, I prefer to go to walk-in clinic, just because of her mean secretary who thinks she can be rude to anyone and still keep her job. I complained to the doctor several times about her, but for some reason she still keeps her. In doctor's place, I would not hire such a negative person even for free!(LOL) She's scaring all her patients.

Submitted March 23, 2011 | flag

The secretary lady is very unwelcoming. The russians are seem used to it. The doctor is ok. Be ready to wait long for the booked appointment.

Submitted March 7, 2011 | flag