Rate Dr. Allan Garbutt

Dr. Allan Garbutt's Ratings

Entered the walk-in clinic that starts at 10am. Doctor finally appeared at 10:15 and started seeing patients. I had two concerns, one for myself and one for my son. I have never seen such poor bedside manner for a child (18months). He was rough and made my son cry and writhe in my arms, when 5 minutes earlier my son was making faces at the nurse and was quite happy. He said there was nothing he could do for my son, which was understandable. My concern was a little more serious and he said there were 2 options: Have the baby (I'm 25 weeks) or take advil/aleve etc. I've been to many walk in doctors when my family doctor was unavailable and this is the worst doctor I have seen.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2013 | flag

Dr. Garbutt has been my doctor for well over a decade. I moved away from the Pass and continued to travel 2.5 hours to see him. I finally found a new doctor and she is no where near as careful and knowledgeable. A recent, serious health issue that I could not get a local appt. to deal with in current town, sent me back to Dr. Garbutt who had me in to see a surgeon within 24 hours and a surgery date set immediately. Some don't like his bedside manner because he does not sugar-coat things. I like that in him.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2013 | flag

This doctor should not be allowed to work in the ER. Not interested in your concerns just wants to get you out as soon as possible.

Submitted May 12, 2011 | flag

Our family has had Dr. Garbutt for several years. He is a very good doctor. He checks everything out,runs tests when needed to, and explains things well. He has always answered our questions on health concerns. He is a very caring doctor too.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2007 | flag

Dr. Garbutt has been our family doctor for over a decade. Always helpful, always professional, always caring.

Submitted July 17, 2007 | flag

I moved to the Pass 2 years ago and not long after my health started to go down hill. Dr. Garbutt was quick to send me for CT scans and MRI's. I was refered to the appropriate specialist.s and have gone through 2 surgeries and I'm waiting for my third in August. All of this time Dr. Garbutt has been at my side keeping me as healthy as possible. I have been in the ER on more than one occasion and have overheard how patients are speaking to and treating DR's. I strongly believe in PROPER communication in a respectfull manner with all people not only Dr's. You will be treated as you treat others. I am a lucky man. Dr. Garbutt is MY Dr.

Submitted July 3, 2007 | flag

We come from Pincher Creek where the wait time is 1 hr +++ I wait no longer than 10 minutes and that is rare. He seems stanoffish but once you get to know him he has a great bedside manner and is interested in getting results. He also listens, discusses the problems and allows the time you need to get your questions answered.

Submitted May 29, 2007 | flag

this sounds exactly like this doctor!!!! I would not take my dead pet to him!!!

Submitted April 22, 2007 | flag

I wonder if this is the whole story? Doesn't even remotely sound like the Doctor I know. He is the best Doctor I have ever had.

Submitted April 12, 2007 | flag

This Doctor, and I hesitate to call him a Doctor, almost crippled my husband. My husband fell from a large truck at work and landed 12 feet down on his hip and back. My husband was unable to walk and in extreme pain and this doctor's only comments were "Well your back was in no great shape to begin with, your going to have to lose some weight and you will probably have to start pushing a pencil" and he walked out of the room. He then wanted to send my husband home with me that night on Oxycodene. When we told him that he couldn't take them and that I was not taking him home he became even more indifferent and said fine i guess we will keep you and give you morphine. we did not find out until a month later when our docotr from Pincher Creek looked at him and sent him for an CT scan that my husband had broken his back. Would not take my dog to this pill pusher who didn't even take a hip and pelvis x-ray, our Pincher Creek doctor did.

Submitted March 31, 2007 | flag