You may also like

Rate Dr. Charles Gatto

Dr. Charles Gatto's Ratings

I have been under the care of Dr. Gatto for 3 months following a work injury to my lower back. He has not addressed my pain and refuses to do any studies or prescribe any medications because I am pregnant, even after receiving a letter from my OB stating exactly what interventions carried no risk. I fear I have been misdiagnosed and will be requesting a second opinion from my workers comp insurance as he has essentially refused to treat me. Today after noting that my symptoms were worse, he released me back to work. I cannot even go grocery shopping by myself I will be returning to work full time.
In a nutshell:
He will not listen to you, or even talk to you. If you want to know what is up with your case pay close attention to what he says in his dictaphone.
Clear your schedule: be prepared to wait 2 hours for a 5 minute visit.
The office staff, while polite has failed to put my appointments on the schedule 3 times resulting in the need to reschedule appointments or wait even longer to be seen.
If at all possible see a different doctor. I have had enough excellent care to know seeing this guy is a waste of time. I am about to return to work worse than I was 3 months ago due to his inattentiveness and lack of care. I intend to follow this experience with complaints to the medical review board and a consult with a lawyer as I feel my pain has certainly been prolonged due to lack of treatment while under his "care."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Actually saw him through my workers comp insurance. I was scheduled for surgery by another doctor. He told me that I didn't need surgery and told me to get a shot. A month later after going to him for two shots he then told me I needed surgery and he wanted to do it. I felt like he was full of it. He was just trying to con me into switching to him for the surgery. What a quack.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2795716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

Run away. Please. I was never one to care about bedside manner. As long as a doctor was highly skilled, personality was not too important. But, Dr. Gatto not only is rude and never even came to my bedside after delicate 2 level c spine surgery, but he has ruined my body. I can no longer work, I can no longer enjoy life. It's been almost 2 years. I went to a neurosurgeon and he said Dr. Gatto really messed me up. This neurosurgeon was visibly upset when he looked at my pre and post operative MRIs. Unfortunately, he told me the damage has been done and there is no more surgery that could repair what he has done. This is your life. Do your research. Don't allow workers compensation to force a hack orthopedist to do your surgery. Fight tooth and nail and go to a Good neurosurgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2782224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

After having bad back pain on and off for 25+ years, Dr. Gatto and his team did a great job.
I knew after surgery, that i was better. After 8 weeks I was snowboarding again. Thank You DR. Gatto and your team!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Weird. Saw him for surgical opinion and he told me my last fusion from years ago had never healed and that he had to revise it. I told him I did great after my first surgery and was told that I just needed the next level higher addressed. Was very confused and ultimately went to NYC to have just one more level above my old surgery done like I expected. The doc in NYC told me that I in no way needed the old surgery touched. The doc in NYC thought that Gatto was just looking to make my original surgeon look bad and possibly bill me for stuff that didn't need to be done. Now that's weird..

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2766083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Worse DR. Will never even send my enemies to him because he is just so terrible. Very rude, never spends time with you to allow you to ask questions, and never tells you anything. He leaves me clueless all the time. Then prescribes all these crazy medications that do not work (they NEVER worked for me and I kept telling him again and again). On top of it all, he prescribed me a medication that he KNOWS I am allergic to because it is in my medical record, as well as me telling him NUMEROUS of times I was allergic. Truly does not know how to treat a patient!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2748198].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 14, 2015

Dr. Gatto is a fantastic surgeon! He did an ACDF surgery on my herniated C5/6 disc. It went so well that I was in almost no pain afterwards! I took a tylenol a couple times, that's it! He spent a lot of time with me helping me to understand my condition and the surgery process and answering all my questions. He was easily accessible via cellphone after the surgery for any questions I had. He can come off as kind of curt in the office, but this is just because he is all business and very serious about what he does. In the OR he is completely in his element!

If you have a condition that does not require surgery you might not be satisfied as to his bedside manner, but if you do need surgery this is the surgeon for you!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2714419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

All I can say is I would not take a dog to see Dr Charles Gatto how rude

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2690433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

All I can say is really. Somewhat rude and speak into a dictaphone more than to me. Not terribly confident and felt like only interested in a big operation. I left and found another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2667491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

Was told I needed injections. Then was told I needed surgery. Then was told by another doctor that it wasn't my back but was a kidney stone and guess what. It was a kidney stone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2659221].votes_count ]]