Dr. Harry Hotz

Rate Dr. Harry Hotz

Dr. Harry Hotz's Ratings

My sister and I were privileged to be under the care of Dr. Hotz for years. As someone who has worked with and who is currently familiar with several physicians, and in particular paediatricians, I can most sincerely and genuinely say that Dr. Hotz (even way back when..) truly is a veteran in Canada for setting the Gold Standard for what excellent HEALTHcare should be. I knew, even as a child, that Dr. Hotz truly cares for his patients. Hats off and Big Congratulations to you Dr. Hotz....you truly made such a positive influence in not only my life, but the health and well-being of my family. I will always be grateful for the kind and gentle care you provided us with. A most sincere and heartfelt "THANK YOU" for making me (originally) wanting to be a paediatrician.....I wish I could tell you how my life has evolved!

Submitted Oct. 31, 2012 | flag

I am 50 years old and have not seen Dr. Hotz since I was 13 years old. That being said I remember him and his offoce as if I was there today. He was always kind with me. I remember the basket of toys on his desk and once told him I did't wnat one because I was not a boy, I can't recall but I am sure they were just boy toys in that basket. He once told my mother that because I was a middle child I needed special attention.....I had hoped my children would have had Dr. Hotz however I did not live in Hamilton any longer. He was a great doctor and I remember fondly. Susan Bremer Chabot

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hotz was my childhood doctor and I'll always remember him. The bowtie, the child filled office, the basket of plastic soldiers...the man's a Hamilton icon!

Submitted March 13, 2011 | flag

I have seen doctor Hotz since I was born and am now 38! He was always a great doctor and I always loved going to see him. The toys I remember from the original Main street office I still remember like yesterday. The three part chicken you had to build stands out the most. He even made house calls up until the mid 80s, probably longer. What doctor today is that motivated and cares that much for his patients.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2011 | flag

Reading the other comments makes me very sad to give Dr. Hotz a poor review. Clearly, he was an excellent doctor in the past. Unfortunately, my experience a bit over a year ago was much worse. My partner and I waited to see him with our newborn nearly two hours in a lobby that slowly filled with other waiting parents and little ones. When I finally got in to see him (my partner had to leave), he seemed to be on auto-pilot: he kept working at his desk and did not greet us when we came in the door, sat down, and waited for him to finish. He was a bit abrupt in his physical examination: my son might have cried even with a gentler doctor, but Dr. Hotz's manner didn't really help. Finally, he seemed unprepared for a parent who wanted to ask questions: I had to almost shout to get his attention (he seemed to have a hearing problem). I left vowing not to return.

Submitted April 20, 2010 | flag

I remember Dr Hotz growing up .. best doctor ever.

Submitted March 31, 2010 | flag

Dr. Hotz rocks! I remember he was the most understanding doctor ever! He treated my Asthma seriously when other thought I was making it up!

Submitted Oct. 29, 2009 | flag

Dr. Hotz is still the BEST pediatrician out there...he now practices part-time at the Wilson Medical Centre ...and he's still loved by his tiny totz...he has a wonderful manner with my children, they love going to the doctor's office...specially for those Hotz treats after their visit...THANKS DR.HOTZ for being the wonderful doctor that you are!!!!

Submitted July 6, 2009 | flag

It was always an "day out" when we had to see Dr Hotz. He had an amazing play room that my son really looked forward to. We loved the "office time" where he met with us one on one after the examination. He never turned us away. When my son became a young adult, Dr. Hotz continued to be sensitive and caring. He even made house calls!!! There will never he another Dr like him. He had hundreds of patients but made you feel as though you were special. He remembered the simplest things and always expressed an interest in parents and how we were coping. Although his retirement is well earned, we really miss him and will never forget how kind he was over the years.Thank you DR HOTZ. We love you. Mary and Eric Maas

Submitted May 17, 2007 | flag