Rate Dr. Leonard Direnfeld

Dr. Leonard Direnfeld's Ratings

Leonard is a great doctor that cares. we have been glad having him as a doctor. The staff is not doing him the favor though.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2520851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2014

Dr. D. Is my hero!! I have never been so healthy and felt so wonderful.He is always such a wonderful guy and I never feel like he is in a hurry to rush me out. It a priviledge to have such a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2510520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

I've been going to Dr. D. for about 6 years. He is a great doctor, very knowledgeable about "real" health...like diet, nutrition, etc. He is also very knowledgeable in bio-identical hormones (way better than Dr. Peddle ever was). Very kind and he listens to all your concerns, answers all your questions and give good advice and recommendations. He's not a pill pusher but will prescribe it is warranted. His nurse and secretary are very nice. Sometimes you have to wait a bit but that's not unusual for any doctor I've been too. Highly recommend if you can get in to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1214061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2014

Dr. Direnfield is very kind and knowledgable. He is also very empathetic which makes him easy to talk to. His office is always very busy and you do have to plan on along wait past your time to see him. But it is worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1214060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

It was well worth the long 14 month wait to see Dr. Direnfeld. After 3 Endo. specialists completely dismissed my symptoms (one even suggested reducing my thyroid medication) Dr. Direnfeld looked beyond my diagnosis and took quality time with me to ensure I understood everything he wanted to test and why. Don't think I've ever had a Dr. consider the obvious like poor diet as just one of the many factors attributed to my condition. Definitely appreciate his holistic + scientific approach.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1214059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2012

This guy is a sweetheart! He takes time and smiles, so pleasant and affable. So awesome to have a doc who leans towards preventative medicine, healthy medicnie. And he talked to me about positive affirmations due to my bouts with depression. This was amongst other options and solutions which he readily looks at and discusses. His recpetionist there today was Michelle. She was very friendldy and helpful and kind. Had a short little pleasant chat as I was one of the first patients there at 9:30 am. And I did not have to wait too long. I have been there previously and did wait but still not long in comparison with other Drs. at all. And for your health its all good!. The other staff I have had were very busy so people may think they are abrupt but I dont think they mean to be that way. Cheers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1214058].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2011

This doctor has a very busy practice with a huge waiting list. I know comments have been made about the staff.To be they are great and I think when you are busy sometimes people don't get our best side. Dr. Direnfeld is the best doctor I have meet. I suffered for years with a thyroid undertreated. Yes you do pay for some tests it is not his fault that OHIP doesn't cover these test. You would be charged by any doctor that had to run these tests. if you were as sick as I was and wanted your life back you would galdly listen. He gives you all kinds of options and tells you why he wants to run the test. He lets you choose based on cost and even tells you to spread it out. I was thrilled to find out what I did about my health. He is very knowledgeable about medicine the way doctors use to be. i have never felt better and now I know what supplements I need to take and what ones I don't need. Any waiting you do is worth it. He doesn't make you feel rushed. This man changed my life. thanks

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1214057].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I have been going to Dr. D for many years and he is a very knowledgeable GP who will keep trying to look for answers to your health issues. The most important part is he really listens and is very patient dispute a very busy practice. I appreciate all the assistance he has given me. I have no problems with his current office staff and in fact they are always very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1214056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2011

Dr. Direnfeld treated endocrine problems that have been running me down for nearly 20 years in under 2 months. He is extremely intelligent, knows his stuff, and gives you real answers to your questions. He makes no promises, but delivered results in spades. I cannot fathom how I spent 20 years feeling sick and losing just about everything, when a simple approach to my condition was available. Dr. Direnfeld is a gem - I am truly grateful to have access to a doctor like him. As for his office staff, I haven't had any problems at all. Just count me as a very satisfied patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1214055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2011

When to Dr D for the first time in Dec/10 & have a follow up appt with him next wk.My first impression of this Dr is that he is very easy to talk to & he listens & looks like he truly cares.....There must be a reason why he is booked til Aug/11

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1214054].votes_count ]]