Rate Dr. Max B. Medary

Dr. Max B. Medary's Ratings

After receiving the news that I had a brain tumor my neurologist in Daytona Beach referred me to Dr Medary where they worked in conjunction to treat me. Dr Medary removed my tumor and was no only caring and sympathetic to me but also my family during this difficult time. I go back once every few years for follow up MRI and visits and our experiences are always. I recommend and continue to recommend Dr Medary. I live in Palm Coast and travel to Orlando to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Dr. Medary's communications are direct and to the point, exactly what a patient should expect from a medical professional. There's no doubt that I would not be walking today if he hadn't operated on me. Following the operation, he recommended a simple rehab program that proved to be extremely effective. His reputation in my neighborhood is excellent--he only operates when he thinks he can help, and performs the minimum procedure necessary. I'd recommend Dr. Max anytime!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Regardless of his awards and credentials, I could never in good conscience recommend Dr. Medary. He treated me with disrespect and disregard. After waiting over an hour to see him, he walked into the room with an air of arrogance and annoyance. It was clear he felt I was wasting his time and he spent less than 5 minutes with me. I walked into his office suffering from 14 months of chronic pain. He completely brushed off a diagnosis given to me by 3 highly reputable specialist, and he did this without examining me or without reviewing my radiology reports. I walked out of his office still in pain, but very offended and terribly disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

Saw him 9 years ago when my mother had an aneurism. Doc was very kind to her and gave us great comfort. While I will admit he was a little stiff and can come off strange, he saved her life and also helped her tremendously. 3 weeks ago I took my MRI to him due to a bulge in my L5 and also S1. He nailed the diagnosis and did surgery right away. After 10 years of back pain I have had no pain since the surgery. I had a tough recovery and he was good about helping me. He is very too the point and I can see where people might be put off by him. I found him to be very good. The best I have seen. He saved my mom and changed my life. If you need patch adams, he is not your guy. Need to be cured and hear it plain as day. He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2465529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Max was AWESOME!!! I must admit - after reading some of these negative remarks, I was a little concerned... but my primary care doctor highly recommended him. So I figured - "you can't please all of the people all of the time". and of course in regards to spinal surgery - you DON'T want to be the one who doesn't get pleased... Anyway - I went to the hospital the day of surgery and discovered that the hospital had "deleted my account" due to some idiotic computer issue. Max came out in his scrubs and smiled and asked me: "How are you doing? - how do you feel? are you ready?" I told him about the account problem with the hospital - and I was pleasantly surprised at his reaction.. He got pissed off with the hospital and started telling them stuff like: "this patient is ready for surgery, and he's GOING to have his surgery today! I don't care what the problem is with your records - he's been approved, and you need to get him in to pre-op!" - I feel MUUUCH BETTER :-) He did a GREAT job!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2465528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

I can't believe all of these negative comments about Dr. Medary. I saw him on a Thursday back in 2007, and after seeing how much pain I was in squeezed me in for neck surgery the next Tuesday. He is an amazing surgeon and his bedside manner is quite good. The hospital wanted to send me home the same day, but after learning that I lived alone Dr. Medary arranged for me to stay overnight. On all follow up visits my waits were minimal, the staff was always very helpful and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Medary and would go to war with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

condesending, arrogant. After surgery he told me it will just take time !! That was in Feb 2012. I can atleast walk now but still have pain/problems and after several return visits all he can say is just give it time !!! Two hour wait for a 2 min visit. My foot is numb and the pain radiates in my hip.. the surgery was repair to a ruptured disc in my lumbar area. Am looking for a new doctor....would NOT recommend this arrogant man to anyone...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108744].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

The best word to use for this guy is douche. He is condescending and rude. His office staff left me on hold for 20 mins. I called to get a refill, and the staff member said she would pull my file and talk to the doctor. That was a week ago, and I have never heard from them. Avoid this guy at all costs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2012

Wow! Just reading all the comments about Dr. Medary. I'll say this, if I had needed surgery, I'd have used him in a second! His diagnosis was direct and very specific and though I had serious problems with my spine (TM), I did not need the surgery, but he DOES NOT beat around the bush and tells it like it is! And when it comes to my spine and being in wheelchair the rest of my life, I'll take him over a "nice guy" all day long! Maybe bedside manner is more important at some point in time, but I'm far less worried about that junk than I am im my spinal chord. So, though I do have respect for others opinions, in this case, I'd say use Dr. Medary ANY time you can. I had an appt. with another Dr. first for three months down the line and they were "trying" to fit me in a little sooner 'cause they were too busy otherwise! I'd have been crippled by the time they finally fit me in, and Dr. Medary worked me in, in one day based on syptoms, etc... so I'd say use him all day long!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

Was not very kind kept mentioning how better insurance would of gotten me a better Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108741].votes_count ]]