Rate Dr. Max B. Medary

Dr. Max B. Medary's Ratings

Saw him 9 years ago when my mother had an aneurism. Doc was very kind to her and gave us great comfort. While I will admit he was a little stiff and can come off strange, he saved her life and also helped her tremendously. 3 weeks ago I took my MRI to him due to a bulge in my L5 and also S1. He nailed the diagnosis and did surgery right away. After 10 years of back pain I have had no pain since the surgery. I had a tough recovery and he was good about helping me. He is very too the point and I can see where people might be put off by him. I found him to be very good. The best I have seen. He saved my mom and changed my life. If you need patch adams, he is not your guy. Need to be cured and hear it plain as day. He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2465529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Max was AWESOME!!! I must admit - after reading some of these negative remarks, I was a little concerned... but my primary care doctor highly recommended him. So I figured - "you can't please all of the people all of the time". and of course in regards to spinal surgery - you DON'T want to be the one who doesn't get pleased... Anyway - I went to the hospital the day of surgery and discovered that the hospital had "deleted my account" due to some idiotic computer issue. Max came out in his scrubs and smiled and asked me: "How are you doing? - how do you feel? are you ready?" I told him about the account problem with the hospital - and I was pleasantly surprised at his reaction.. He got pissed off with the hospital and started telling them stuff like: "this patient is ready for surgery, and he's GOING to have his surgery today! I don't care what the problem is with your records - he's been approved, and you need to get him in to pre-op!" - I feel MUUUCH BETTER :-) He did a GREAT job!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2465528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

I can't believe all of these negative comments about Dr. Medary. I saw him on a Thursday back in 2007, and after seeing how much pain I was in squeezed me in for neck surgery the next Tuesday. He is an amazing surgeon and his bedside manner is quite good. The hospital wanted to send me home the same day, but after learning that I lived alone Dr. Medary arranged for me to stay overnight. On all follow up visits my waits were minimal, the staff was always very helpful and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Medary and would go to war with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

condesending, arrogant. After surgery he told me it will just take time !! That was in Feb 2012. I can atleast walk now but still have pain/problems and after several return visits all he can say is just give it time !!! Two hour wait for a 2 min visit. My foot is numb and the pain radiates in my hip.. the surgery was repair to a ruptured disc in my lumbar area. Am looking for a new doctor....would NOT recommend this arrogant man to anyone...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108744].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

The best word to use for this guy is douche. He is condescending and rude. His office staff left me on hold for 20 mins. I called to get a refill, and the staff member said she would pull my file and talk to the doctor. That was a week ago, and I have never heard from them. Avoid this guy at all costs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2012

Wow! Just reading all the comments about Dr. Medary. I'll say this, if I had needed surgery, I'd have used him in a second! His diagnosis was direct and very specific and though I had serious problems with my spine (TM), I did not need the surgery, but he DOES NOT beat around the bush and tells it like it is! And when it comes to my spine and being in wheelchair the rest of my life, I'll take him over a "nice guy" all day long! Maybe bedside manner is more important at some point in time, but I'm far less worried about that junk than I am im my spinal chord. So, though I do have respect for others opinions, in this case, I'd say use Dr. Medary ANY time you can. I had an appt. with another Dr. first for three months down the line and they were "trying" to fit me in a little sooner 'cause they were too busy otherwise! I'd have been crippled by the time they finally fit me in, and Dr. Medary worked me in, in one day based on syptoms, etc... so I'd say use him all day long!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

Was not very kind kept mentioning how better insurance would of gotten me a better Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

I waited over an hour and a half to see Dr Medary, yet he was in and out of my room within two minutes. Told me I didn't need surgery and anything else I might try may or may not help - shrugged and stated "I don't know" when asked. This man was very rude, arrogant, and condescending. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

This Doctor is the best. Operated on my Dad with a delicate pinch nerve in the neck/spine area that was crippling him. His recovery is like magic. He is knowledgeable and caring. He doesn't baby sit patient if that is what you are looking for. He however spent time to explain the severity of the problem and proceeded to do the surgery. Excellent surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

This man saved my mothers life. He is truly one of a kind. I will be forever greatful to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108739].votes_count ]]