Rate Dr. Max B. Medary

Dr. Max B. Medary's Ratings

I went to Dr Medary yesterday. I was very disappointed with the way some of his staff is and the Dr. I have never been treated the way I wad treated yesterday. I of the staff members was very rude and the Dr was the biggest as****le I have ever met. He walked in, looked really at my mri, said yes you have chiari malformation and you do not need surgery, he didn't ask if I had any questions, I tried showing him a list I made of my symptoms and he didn't want to look at it. He was very cold and short. He also stated one of my symptoms was not related to my condition. Which when you Google my condition is one of the symptoms. I will never ever ever go back, and I will never recommend him to anyone. He's the worst Dr I have ever been to. He needs to take classes on how to treat his patients. He's a total Jerk and douche bag!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2739437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2015

He treated me with disrespect and disregard , walked in , seemed annoyed and was arrogant , I was referred by my chiropractor after my neck and spine mri, have been in constant neck and shoulder pain for over 5 months, he looked at mri said did not need surgery , i asked if he could help me with any medication , stated"you came here to find out if needed surgery , you do not, i asked what should i do said go to pain management. cut and dry did not offer a referral , no suggestions, did not care i am in a lot of pain. I would not recommend this Dr, what ever happened to "HIPOCRATIC OATH'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ALSO HIS STAFF PROJECTS THE SAME AS DR )

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2667496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

After receiving the news that I had a brain tumor my neurologist in Daytona Beach referred me to Dr Medary where they worked in conjunction to treat me. Dr Medary removed my tumor and was no only caring and sympathetic to me but also my family during this difficult time. I go back once every few years for follow up MRI and visits and our experiences are always. I recommend and continue to recommend Dr Medary. I live in Palm Coast and travel to Orlando to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Dr. Medary's communications are direct and to the point, exactly what a patient should expect from a medical professional. There's no doubt that I would not be walking today if he hadn't operated on me. Following the operation, he recommended a simple rehab program that proved to be extremely effective. His reputation in my neighborhood is excellent--he only operates when he thinks he can help, and performs the minimum procedure necessary. I'd recommend Dr. Max anytime!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Regardless of his awards and credentials, I could never in good conscience recommend Dr. Medary. He treated me with disrespect and disregard. After waiting over an hour to see him, he walked into the room with an air of arrogance and annoyance. It was clear he felt I was wasting his time and he spent less than 5 minutes with me. I walked into his office suffering from 14 months of chronic pain. He completely brushed off a diagnosis given to me by 3 highly reputable specialist, and he did this without examining me or without reviewing my radiology reports. I walked out of his office still in pain, but very offended and terribly disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2621101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

Saw him 9 years ago when my mother had an aneurism. Doc was very kind to her and gave us great comfort. While I will admit he was a little stiff and can come off strange, he saved her life and also helped her tremendously. 3 weeks ago I took my MRI to him due to a bulge in my L5 and also S1. He nailed the diagnosis and did surgery right away. After 10 years of back pain I have had no pain since the surgery. I had a tough recovery and he was good about helping me. He is very too the point and I can see where people might be put off by him. I found him to be very good. The best I have seen. He saved my mom and changed my life. If you need patch adams, he is not your guy. Need to be cured and hear it plain as day. He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2465529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Max was AWESOME!!! I must admit - after reading some of these negative remarks, I was a little concerned... but my primary care doctor highly recommended him. So I figured - "you can't please all of the people all of the time". and of course in regards to spinal surgery - you DON'T want to be the one who doesn't get pleased... Anyway - I went to the hospital the day of surgery and discovered that the hospital had "deleted my account" due to some idiotic computer issue. Max came out in his scrubs and smiled and asked me: "How are you doing? - how do you feel? are you ready?" I told him about the account problem with the hospital - and I was pleasantly surprised at his reaction.. He got pissed off with the hospital and started telling them stuff like: "this patient is ready for surgery, and he's GOING to have his surgery today! I don't care what the problem is with your records - he's been approved, and you need to get him in to pre-op!" - I feel MUUUCH BETTER :-) He did a GREAT job!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2465528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

I can't believe all of these negative comments about Dr. Medary. I saw him on a Thursday back in 2007, and after seeing how much pain I was in squeezed me in for neck surgery the next Tuesday. He is an amazing surgeon and his bedside manner is quite good. The hospital wanted to send me home the same day, but after learning that I lived alone Dr. Medary arranged for me to stay overnight. On all follow up visits my waits were minimal, the staff was always very helpful and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Medary and would go to war with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

condesending, arrogant. After surgery he told me it will just take time !! That was in Feb 2012. I can atleast walk now but still have pain/problems and after several return visits all he can say is just give it time !!! Two hour wait for a 2 min visit. My foot is numb and the pain radiates in my hip.. the surgery was repair to a ruptured disc in my lumbar area. Am looking for a new doctor....would NOT recommend this arrogant man to anyone...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108744].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

The best word to use for this guy is douche. He is condescending and rude. His office staff left me on hold for 20 mins. I called to get a refill, and the staff member said she would pull my file and talk to the doctor. That was a week ago, and I have never heard from them. Avoid this guy at all costs

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2108743].votes_count ]]