Rate Dr. Jerry Vortel

Dr. Jerry Vortel's Ratings

This doctor was recommended me by my family doctor as someone with expert knowledge of infectious diseases. I saw him at the Richmond Hospital ER. His knowledge, treatment, and thoroughness were excellent. I have a rare condition and have seen many doctors over the years so I know what I am talking about.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2014 | flag

I have never seen a doctor less invested in his own ego, or more invested in the welfare of his patients. An absolute gem!

Submitted June 4, 2014 | flag

I've seen Dr Vortel a number of times over the years and I have to say I haven't met a more caring physician. He is very thorough and very committed to ensuring the patients needs are met.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2014 | flag

Very polite and knowledgable - he went out of his way to help me with a problem that's been a problem for 5 weeks and nobody else could solve

Submitted Dec. 5, 2013 | flag

Pleasant and soft spoken fellow, informative and helpful. We were already on the same page as to my condition and course of treatment (hospital and home), so he started to pick my brain about my knowledge and experience as a patient. He's there to help, but it's great that he also learns from patients so he can pass their knowledge and experience on to benefit others.

Submitted May 1, 2013 | flag

Great dorcotr, always on time, competent and caring staff. I wish that all of them were like this!

Submitted April 18, 2013 | flag

Found this doctor to have no bedside manner. At one point he threw his arms in the air. He felt exasperated with me. Totally shaming and couldn't find out what was wrong with me.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Vortel is extremely knowledgeable. He took the time to explain my infection and the treatment I would be receiving. Dr. Vortel treated me was while I was in the hospital, where he was extremely busy, but still took the time to answer all my questions. He saw me several times during my stay at the hospital. Has an excellent manner and I have nothing but appreciation and admiration for this doctor!

Submitted Jan. 14, 2013 | flag

Excellent diagnostician. Many years ago, my spouse was very ill and this doctor diagnosed endocarditis which is fatal if left untreated & difficult to diagnose. Thank you.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2012 | flag

The doctore is very unprofessional and a bad bedside manner.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2012 | flag