Rate Dr. Jerry Vortel

Dr. Jerry Vortel's Ratings

I was referred to Dr Vortel at Richmond General Hospital in 2014. He is highly professional in everything he does. He is always kind and takes time to explain what he is doing and why in language his patients can understand. I was especially pleased to note how carefully he took my history and how he used the information to find the medication that was most likely to work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

This doctor was recommended me by my family doctor as someone with expert knowledge of infectious diseases. I saw him at the Richmond Hospital ER. His knowledge, treatment, and thoroughness were excellent. I have a rare condition and have seen many doctors over the years so I know what I am talking about.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2483014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

I have never seen a doctor less invested in his own ego, or more invested in the welfare of his patients. An absolute gem!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2445365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I've seen Dr Vortel a number of times over the years and I have to say I haven't met a more caring physician. He is very thorough and very committed to ensuring the patients needs are met.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1214686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2014

Very polite and knowledgable - he went out of his way to help me with a problem that's been a problem for 5 weeks and nobody else could solve

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1214685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

Pleasant and soft spoken fellow, informative and helpful. We were already on the same page as to my condition and course of treatment (hospital and home), so he started to pick my brain about my knowledge and experience as a patient. He's there to help, but it's great that he also learns from patients so he can pass their knowledge and experience on to benefit others.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1214684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Great dorcotr, always on time, competent and caring staff. I wish that all of them were like this!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1214683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Found this doctor to have no bedside manner. At one point he threw his arms in the air. He felt exasperated with me. Totally shaming and couldn't find out what was wrong with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1214682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2013

Dr. Vortel is extremely knowledgeable. He took the time to explain my infection and the treatment I would be receiving. Dr. Vortel treated me was while I was in the hospital, where he was extremely busy, but still took the time to answer all my questions. He saw me several times during my stay at the hospital. Has an excellent manner and I have nothing but appreciation and admiration for this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1214681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

Excellent diagnostician. Many years ago, my spouse was very ill and this doctor diagnosed endocarditis which is fatal if left untreated & difficult to diagnose. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1214680].votes_count ]]