Rate Dr. Dominique Wilmot Allen

Dr. Dominique Wilmot Allen's Ratings

I am a mother of six and 5 out of my 6 children came to this world under the care of Dr. Allen. Her attention details in unsurpassed. Each pregnancy had it's own issues but I was never worried because I trusted I was in good hands. She is a very busy lady but she always makes you feel that her time with you is important and your concerns are taken seriously. She is a mother herself and empathizes with your situation through out your pregnancy. I recommend her highly. Her staff is great but sometimes the wait is long.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2013 | flag

Dr. Allen is very perfesional but I found that she's not an advocate of having your best intrest at hand. I want a OBGYN to Know my job specifics just by my job title I should not have to tell you all of my duties what I think I should or should not be doing at work. I belive when your pregnant the you doctor should research you job tilte and delete all of the hazardous things that could inhibit your pregnacy. My pregancy was a end result of a lost which I think could have been avoided if I was put on complete rest. I remember being told by her whe i thought i was having pain due to my uterus growing its up to me what i wanted to do.and of cours ithought to go back to wrk when the pain went away and bam my pregnacy was eneded i wwant a Doctor whos going to tell me whats in my best intrest because that your specialty abd thats what your being paisd for

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

I would recommend dr. Allen highly to any family or friends, she has a fantastic bed side manor and really knowledgeable.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

I wanted to see this doctor, unfortunately she refuses to do meet and greets and I have a very complicated case. I also feel like I should get to talk to a OBGYN before I'm naked on a table and apparently Dr. Allen isn't willing to do this--- according to Elaine her scheduler. So disappointed.

Submitted July 10, 2012 | flag

I absolutely love Dr. Allen! She's very knowledgeable and down to earth. She's always willing and ready to answer any questions and address any concerns. She was tremendous during my labor process. I would definitely recommend her!

Submitted April 22, 2011 | flag

Dr. Allen has been my OB for about 3 years now and I must say that I absolutely adore her. She delivered my second child and it was a wonderful experience unlike my first child's birthing experience that came with so much complications. She is a great listener, she is extremely knowledgeable, and she makes always makes me feel at ease. I know she mentioned that the delivery of my second child was one of the most difficult surgeries she has ever performed but she really did a wonderful job considering the issues that were out of her control. Dr. Allen I never got to say thank you but I will like to say that now, THANK YOU. It's great to know that there are still doctors that truly have a passion to do what they do best without being driven by money alone. Whenever I get to see you I can see that you truly have a love for what you do because it shows in your smile and approach to every matter. Once again a big thank you!

Submitted Feb. 17, 2011 | flag

I absolutely loved having Dr. Allen as my OB for my first pregnancy. I had a million questions and she was very reassuring and knowledgeable. I never felt rushed as the other patients did, I just know that she's a great doctor who is in high demand. She actually made me feel like I was her ONLY patient each time she saw me because I felt like she was such a great listener. I will recommend her until I'm blue in the face :)

Submitted Dec. 14, 2010 | flag

I was with Dr. Allen through two pregnancies and a couple of minor GYN issues. I am a physician myself, and I appreciated her balanced presentation of information. I felt she spent an appropriate amount of time with me for each visit (I was not a high-risk patient), and made me feel reassured when I was nervous. Unfortunately, she did not deliver either of my children because she was not on call those nights, but my friends who have delivered with her said she's great in the delivery room. She does not c-section everyone. Even my friend with twins delivered vaginally. I recommend her to pregnant women looking for an OB. If you want someone to hold your hand through every ache and pain of pregnancy though, she is not the person for you. She's matter-of-fact and will tell you when there's nothing that she can do about your problem. For my sciatica, she recommended a chiropracter and yoga. I did not take offense at her lack of help though because I understand the limits of medicine.

Submitted May 22, 2009 | flag

I have seen Dr. Allen for a few years now and she is a phenomenal doctor, at my first visit, she explained exactly what she was going to do to put me more at ease. She has always been extremely accomodating and helpful when it comes to prescriptions and even offered to give me several months worth of samples of my birth control when she heard I was going to be out of the country for a while. While there is usually a long wait, she is worth it, and I have only ever felt rushed at one appointment (but that was because 2 deliveries had set her way behind schedule). I highly recommend her.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2009 | flag

Have seen Dr. Allen thru 2 high-risk pregnancies, my last put me in the hospital for 3 weeks (preeclampsia). Dr. Allen was EXCELLENT. She was calming and professional, and explained everything perfectly. I'd highly recommend her.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2008 | flag