Dr. Stephen M. Damiani

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Stephen M. Damiani has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 5214530
27/02/14 5 5 5 5 I've only seen Dr. Damiani once at this point, but already in that first visit he gave me information and assistance that I have been seeking for years!
Insurance: Humana
RID: 3647867
04/01/14 5 5 5 5 dr.damiani is the best he save my life ,he is my friend ,he is good person and good doctor , i miss my dr damiani fam.jimenez ,ft carson colorado.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Stephen" to "Stephen M."
RID: 1259798
27/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Damiani also saved my life. I came in for a cortisol deficiency, which he didn't think I had. But when the test came back, he said what I've never heard any other doctor admit: "I was wrong." He and his staff have *always* been helpful, even years later after many moves when I ran into a hideous endo in Wa state. I can count on one hand the good doctors I've had out of around a hundred. He's one. (Great sense of humor too.)
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1194578
22/06/10 1 1 1 1 This Dr is very rude and loud. All he does is yell and scream. He treats his employees very poor and is constantly cussing. Once the patients leave you can hear him saying rude remarks about them. He doesnt care about ANYONE but himsef. I would do research before attending to him.
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 1083249
19/01/10 1 3 1 1 Very rude thinks he is the God of medicine loves to talk circles.Could not get a straight answer out of him.Spend lots of time and money on testing just to be told come back for a another office visit for the same symptoms that sent me in the first place.People get stuck going to him in the high desert they dont drive or cant make a long trip.I feel bad for those patients,I found a new doctor down the hill where I can get the answers I need.Please do your research Dr. Stephen Damiani is strange person.
RID: 985391
11/09/09 4 5 5 5 I have NEVER EVER had a Dr. like this. He is the best and most caring Dr. I've been too. When Kaiser told me I had a throat infection in an office visit that lasted approx.2 min., my sister referred me to Damiani. I got in right away, sent me out for further testing.(this was Dec.2004)In Feb.2005 I was having a total thyroidectomy which turned out to be stage2 thyroid cancer. Despite his kooky sense of humor, and the language he uses @ times, I've never been to a better Dr. Because he saved my life?!, no, because he really cares for his patients. He told me that's why he's in private practice and it shows. I truly love this man! He's the BEST of the BEST!, and I always tell people about him and refer him. Bridget
RID: 752972
01/01/09 3 5 5 5 I have seen many endocrinologists since I was diagnosed with IDD, Dr. Damiani, or "Doc D" as he is often called by my fellow patients is a VERY aggressive endo in treating a patient with diabetes. Has the latest information in pumping insulin, handles ALL aspects of diabetic care. Sense of humor is often outrageous, but a huge comfort. Spends a LONG time in every visit with his patients, this often requires calling in advance of a few weeks for an appointment, however, STAT appointments are within a few hours. He uses a LAB next door to him, so, all labs are in essence post appointment within minutes. I drive near 50 miles to see THIS doc when others are a mere 12 miles away. I would equate this to being 5 STAR CARE. Remember, his sense of humor will catch you off guard, I se this as a plus, his professionalism is without compromise. A note on staff: They are younger, for the most part and lack the old fashioned values one would expect of medical professionals, they can snippy
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 562238
09/04/08 4 5 5 5 Never have to wait to see the doctor. He is quick to smile and asks a lot of questions. This doctor listens to my answers and explains things in terms I can understand. He likes to run tests to "just be sure" and he did not hesitate sending me to another doctor when he thought the problem found was out of scope for his practice. Dr Damiani puts you at ease right away and demonstrats a real interest in your well-being.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 555385
29/03/08 2 4 5 5 If you are looking for a GREAT diabetic doc, he is your doc! If you are looking for a PRO insulin pump therapy doc, he is very much that. Compassionate, personal, somewhat zany, excellent bedside manner, YOU too are a part of YOUR treatment team. If you need an insulin pump and your current doc is just not getting it done, you need to call this doc.  Respond
RID: 476575
04/01/08 1 1 1 1 Dr. Damiani is unprofessional, extremely rude, and loud. He does not let you ask questions, and if you do he rolls his eyes and uses profanity. I will not go back to him for follow up and would NEVER recommend him to anybody. Aside from how he acted during my appointment, I called him and wanted to ask him a question my lab report and he would not listen, took the lord's name in vain and hung up on me.  Respond
RID: 468403
19/12/07 3 5 5 5 Dr. Damiani was the first person who really *listened*. He told me "I don't think you have this, but we'll run the test anyway just so you can close the door on your fears." He called me up personally to tell me the test results showed me I was right! Later, after moving back to Washington state, I called him after a horrible experience with a local endo up here. He took the time out to talk to me and find me an ednocrinologist in WA who would take me seriously like he originally did. He, quite literally, saved my life (I have secondary hypoadrenalism).
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 247051
30/03/07 5 5 5 The best Endocrinologist in the world! Very caring and takes the time to get to know his patients and bends over backwards to try and help patients with their health concerns.
Paid (or co-pay): $2000