Rate Dr. Farhad O. Moola

Dr. Farhad O. Moola's Ratings

Dr. Moola made a lot of mistakes on the repair of a slap lesion tear in my right shoulder. This was confirmed by a second and third operation by another specialist. Second surgeon’s words were that the repair on my shoulder was very messy and that the sutor anchors were raised to high. The anchors were rubbing against nerves and formed scar tissue causing a lot of inflammation – absolutely suffering after the first surgery. I went back to Dr. Moola after the first operation but found him to be very arrogant and he was laughing at my situation. He said it will take more than a year for him to look at my shoulder again, but also mentioned his sectary (Rosy) could be bribed. Really, not a time to make jokes when your patient is in constant pain (as a doctor he should understand the effects of PAIN). I was in a lot of constant pain and did not appreciate him not taking my case seriously. This was the reason I went to another surgeon who then operated and discovered all the mistakes.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2445382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

Dr. Moola was amazing through the whole experience when my son broke his leg. He is very knowledgeable, confident and kind. I have to say, the experience when going to an appointment or dealing with his office at all is dreadful at best. The first time we waited close to four hours to see him, and we weren't even told ahead of time to expect a wait like that so we didn't come prepared. I can understand that he is busy, and that there is only so much he can do, the only solution I can think of would be to reduce the number of patients he sees. I had an appointment with him and I misplaced the appointment card but expected a confirmation call as I had gotten in the past, and when I didn't get one I tried calling the office, several times over the course of three weeks, only to be greeted with an old recording giving inaccurate hours, and when I finally got through they said I missed the appt by weeks! They hadn't even bothered to pick up the phone to tell me?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2013

Get to your appointment ontime and prepare to wait 2+ hours. Worse office for an all day wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Moola is one of the most skilled surgeons I've ever met. Excellent knowledge and bedside manner. He did a shoulder replacement (while I'm only 40 years old) to fix an earlier surgery that went bad when I was 16 years old. He faced stage four arthritis, bone spurs, a flattened head on my ball joint and a staple that had been rubbing for all these years wrecking my shoulder. He did a fantastic job!! With regards to the complaints of waiting for Dr. Moola, yes I waited four hours in his reception area to see him - HOWEVER - he set my surgery immediately and within two months I was in. It is well worth the wait. You want someone who is not concerned about time. For instance, in my surgery there was so much damage it took him an extra hour to clean it all out. He wasn't rushed by the clock, and that's exactly who you want working on you! A huge thank you to Dr. Moola, my anesthesiologist and all the wonderful nurses and staff at Eagle Ridge Hospital in Port Moody. Excellent job by all!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr. Moola is a miracle worker. There are no other words that truly express how I feel about this man. My husband had 5 fractures (3 compound) in his femur, 3 compound fractures in his tibia, broken knee, shattered ankle, shattered heel, broken foot, broken toes, broken wrist, broken hand, broken fingers and severed tendons. The leg was so bad any other doctor would have amputated but not Dr. Moola!! He did everything he could and saved my husbands leg. To those of you who have made less than respectful comments, shame on you. Look in the mirror. This man is a miracle worker and no one will EVER tell me otherwise. I am forever in his debt and there is no way I can ever express who truly grateful I am to him. He has been nothing but honest with us from the start and was a true comfort to me when I needed it most. His staff are the best you will ever find no matter how long you have to wait. Caring and compassionate and nothing short of miracle workers!! Thank you Dr. Moola for everything

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2012

Dr. Moola is amazing! My daughter has a rare metabolic bone disorder rarely seen by any doctors, yet when she broke her femur he tried a procedure that worked even though there were risks in her case. we were pleased with his knowledge and friendliness. He's the best doctor we've ever seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

The most thorough, thoughtful, approachable, exceptionally skilled shoulder surgeon who has an exceptional bedside manner and embraces a collaborative approach with other members of your rehab team (e.g. physiotherapist)- Would highly recommend. Rosie (his administrative assistant) is efficient and amazing too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 29, 2012

If anyone has any doubts about having Dr. Moolah as their surgeon, you're crazy. I first saw him 2 years ago for a fall where I landed all my weight on my elbow. I couldn't raise my arm past chest high. After doing X-Rays, and then an ultrasound, he told me that there was nothing they could see. I asked him about doing an MRI. I told him that I know my body and something is very wrong with my shoulder. Lucky enough I had my MRI 2 months later. The MRI showed almost 2 full thickness tears of my rotator cuff. Dr. Moolah told me it's not a usual tear from a fall to have 2 tears. He told it will be a long recover after surgery, up to 18 months or longer. It's now 18 months and I can throw a ball again. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I used to pitch at a very high level but never thought I could ever throw a baseball again. I bow down to Dr. Moolah for a job unbelievably done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2010

Dr. Moola did surgery to reattach my bicep after a distal bicep tendon tear. I could not believe how incredibly well the surgery and healing went. My scar was unbelievably small, I was completely off of pain killers within 20 hours of surgery, very limited post-surgery discomfort, and whereas some surgeons would insist on a cast for atleast 6 weeks before any movement, I was in a cast for only 1, then placed in a R.O.M. brace. By the 6th week I already had nearly full range of motion back, pain free. A textbook perfect surgery, and I am SO grateful to Dr. Moola for his professionalism and skill. Highly recommended!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

first his office assistant said, that she never received my referral from my family doc.4 months of wait wasted. She was very rude on the phone. It was like some1 forced her to work and pick up the phone. Overall the customer service is very bad. Rosie, the assistant has very rude personality. but the Doc is knowledgeable from what i have heard.I was having second thought abut him. I am still waiting for the appt.I hope it is worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215209].votes_count ]]