Rate Dr. Jason Rivers

Dr. Jason Rivers's Ratings

I had 3 recommendations for cosmetic dermatologists, emailed each for info. Dr. Rivers' office responded within a day(!) so I chose him. So glad I did! My goal was to rid my 64-yr old face of some big brown "aging" spots. Dr. Jason explained that they're sundamage spots, described fully what the treatment (Fraxel Duo laser) would involve, how effective it would be, and the cost. He illustrated the treatment using before & after photos of clients who'd had the same treatment, so I knew exactly what to expect. I felt confident with his approach and his enthusiastic enjoyment of what he does. I've since had 2 Fraxel Duo treatments, and recently an IPL and MedLite treatment. All went exactly as described and the results are fantastic. Unfortunately, his waiting list for *medical* referrals is months long (my husband was going to book with him), and about a month's wait for *cosmetic* appointments. Worth waiting! His staff is very professional too. I have complete trust in all of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2014

I have been to Pacific Dermaesthetics for chemical peels with Candance Gellizeau. I have to say my entire experience has been amazing and first class. I had my first session of tattoo removal and lasering of broken blood vessels with Dr. Rivers. Jason was great at explaining the procedures and making sure I had no discomfort. Very clean facilities and great staff. I was also given a follow up call to check in on me. I would highly recommend Jason Rivers and Pacific Dermaesthetics for anything involving your skin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218223].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

I am a lucky recipient of Dr. Jason Rivers masterful work. I had severe acne scarring and had lost a lot of the volume in my face. I appeared weathered and well beyond my thirty years and had lost the desire to be social. 9 years later and a series of procedures; a few fraxel laser repair and restores, some fillers, Botox and Dr. River's skillful hands, my skin is night and day to what it was. My scars are more than half gone, I have my cheeks and lips back and my Botox treatments have only ever left me looking brighter. Dr. Rivers gave me more than "cosmetic enhancements", he gave me my life back. I love everything about him, his office and his staff. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2013

Dr. Rivers is amazing. He's extremely knowledgeable so going to him I always feel like I get the most reliable and unbiased information. Most importantly, I never feel like he's pushing any particular service on me. He's not a salesman, he's my doctor. The Pacific Dermaesthetics office is great as well. The staff is very professional and friendly. I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for my appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I've seen dermatologists for 30+ years for a rare congenital skin disorder that is very painful and debilitating when it flares. A dermatologist referred me to Dr. Rivers. My MD calls Dr. Rivers "the derm's derm" as a result. I'm deeply grateful for Dr. Rivers' extensive knowledge base which was evident from first intake. He consistently takes time to hear what I have to say. His questions display a depth and breadth of knowledge that is evident in my treatment outcomes -- I have a management plan now for a condition I've experienced for 30+ years. The most recent strategy was to add an antibiotic that was developed for another condition, and was released in Canada literally days before I saw Dr. Rivers. That type of lateral thinking is the mark of a true expert in their field, in my experience. It's helped me more than anything else has helped in the past. Nothing but good things to say about Dr. Rivers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218220].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

What a disappointment. I have been a few times to Dr. Rivers and I give up. I always wait a long time and then he rushes through my treatment. I had a fraxal at a $1000 dollars and he literally sped through the treatment in 8 or 9 minutes. Once he did my lips and they looked ridiculous and again, he did a rush job. For a seemingly accomplished doctor, his work has been so bad. Would not recommend him at all. Don't believe all the hype about this clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218225].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

I was not happy with my experience. Dr Rivers was 50 minutes late for my appointment and gave me a prescription for a cream that should not be used while breastfeeding. I had my baby in the room during the appointment and he still have me the prescription. Thankfully my pharmacist picked up on his error.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

Dr. J. Rivers is extremely good as a dermatologist and personable as well. I have had him as my Dr. for approx. 30+ yrs. & seen his expertise and practice grow. He is very informed & helpful as is his staff. You sometimes wait but that is because they take time to examine & explain to patients while being efficient. Cost vary but are comparative not exorbitant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2012

Very professional clinic. I received excellent care. I would highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2012

In and out of the room fast. Results of my botox and filler were asymmetrical and mediocre. Personally, I wouldn't recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1218216].votes_count ]]