Rate Dr. Alan Lawrence Rubin

Dr. Alan Lawrence Rubin's Ratings

Dr. Rubin asked me to submit a positive review for him. He subsequently unilaterally terminated me as a patient in the midst of a medical and financiial crisis. I have submitted a complaint to the NYS Department of Health's Office of Professional Medical Conduct (NYS OPMC #CR-14–05-3055A)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for about six months. During that time he has been extremely helpful to me. He is caring and truly seem to want to help me. Very easy to talk to and highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

I just started getting treated by Dr. Rubin. I wish I met him sooner. He has been amazing. Literally, the best psychiatrist I have ever been too. He's so patient and so attentive. And he's extremely warm and caring. You really get a sense of that as soon as you meet him. I can't recommend him enough. I also want to give props to Riva. She's SO sweet. She deals with appointments and phone calls etc. I wish I met her face-to-face just so I can thank her for being so accommodating and attentive too!! 5 stars all around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I have been treating with Dr Rubin for about 5 years. He has provided excellent care and advice. He does not rush you, or rush to judgement. He is a kind, caring individual. He has helped me tremendously with the concerns for which I needed treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

DR Rubin is very attentive and listens to my problems. He has given me medication to help me with my anxiety and monitors me closely. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for over 15 years. He personally has helped me immensly. He truly wants you to feel better and does just that. He is not in a rush and listens to what you need to say. I recommend him without any reservation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

Kind, considerate, prompt. I have no complaints. I've been seeing Dr. Rubin for almost 8 years and he's always been professional and caring. If I have a conflict or need help, Riva from his office has always been super helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2013

I have rated Dr. Rubin poorly in all areas due to his lack of professionalism, care & concern for me as his patient for over 12 yrs. I was dismissed from his office on 7.31.13, in front of others. My appt for 3:30 was canceled by Riva, even though I left a message at 2:00 that I would be keeping my appt & to please notify Dr. Rubin. She failed to do so. Dr. Rubin came out into the waiting room & stated that he could not see me, that I canceled my appt. & I must leave. I tried to explain that I had not canceled my appt, however he did not want to hear it. He came back out again & demanded that I leave. I was being weaned off of one medication & beginning a new one, so I asked what do I do about my meds since I did not have a full supply? He walked away, shrugged his shoulders said "I don't know!" I left with tremendous anxiety & thought I was going to have a full blown panic attack. He doesn't return calls until the next day even while weaning off meds. This was reckless behavior.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2013

Dr Rubin basically saved my life. He is personable and kind. worked with me till we were able to find the right combonation to make me feel like a person again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

Doctor Rubin has been instrumental in my recovery. I am so grateful for his competencey. He is great and I recommend him to any patient seeking psychiatric help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220307].votes_count ]]