You may also like

Rate Dr. Alan Lawrence Rubin

Dr. Alan Lawrence Rubin's Ratings

PSYCHIATRIC ABANDONMENT: Dr. Rubin sent me a letter after months of positive treatment stating that he will not treat me any longer because he believes I will attempt suicide in the future. He left me on lithium which must be monitored and I now have no one to oversee my intake of medication.Unprofessional and negligent.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2749613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Rubin is someone I wish I had met sooner. He was able to diagnose my problems by asking directed questions which revealed symptoms I had been experiencing. The medications he placed me on were able to help me get on track with my life and increased my self-esteem. I have Dr. Rubin to thank for turning my life around!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

I saw Dr Rubin for couple months.. I have complicated set of issues and having a hard time with job and health.. Given the serious nature of symptoms and my job performance suffering badly because of that,I was already put on disability leave.. Dr Rubin has a somewhat unusual policy of not seeing patients who are on leave because he has dogmatic belief that psych meds will work only if someone is working a day job.. Also he doesn't write disability forms..
I told him I won't bother him with forms and that though I am on leave, I amstaying very actively engaged in activities and not sitting idle.. He was dismissive of that. Actually he did see me for couple of months and once he learned that I am still on disability and meds were not working, he concluded in a sweeping generalization that they are not working because I am not working.. I want to ask wat Abt people who don't have a job? What Abt people who are self employed ?
He didn't look at the fact that how stressful and hard my work had become and the fact that in the past none of the medicine had any effect even when I was at work full time.. Instead he chose to generalize and turn me away after 2 months of treatment.. I believe a doc should be taking decisions by evaluating all facts clearly on a case by case person by person basis than based on a firm generic belief..
He's quite personality and anyone would feel that warmth and smile and good individual attention.. But one thing I didn't like Abt him was that in initial Eval sessions he didn't don't let me talk fully and openly on my symptoms.. I have a complex history of symptoms and I've literally taken few sessions for my therapist to make sense of weird symptoms I am going through.. But dr Rubin was more like one way communication in those Eval sessions.. He was more stressing on a list of very formal questionnaire without even properly asking or letting me speak in detail Abt my unusually complex symptoms.. He did get some idea what my issues were, but given psychiatrist follow up sessions are so short the initial sessions are crucial to clearly understand wat the patient is suffering from..
I would not recommend if u feel like having lot of issues complex with s long history because he won't listen to u properly n spend time asking formal qsns.. But he seems to be very knowledgable and a good guy otherwise..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Dr. Rubin asked me to submit a positive review for him. He subsequently unilaterally terminated me as a patient in the midst of a medical and financiial crisis. I have submitted a complaint to the NYS Department of Health's Office of Professional Medical Conduct (NYS OPMC #CR-14–05-3055A)

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2646034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for about six months. During that time he has been extremely helpful to me. He is caring and truly seem to want to help me. Very easy to talk to and highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

I just started getting treated by Dr. Rubin. I wish I met him sooner. He has been amazing. Literally, the best psychiatrist I have ever been too. He's so patient and so attentive. And he's extremely warm and caring. You really get a sense of that as soon as you meet him. I can't recommend him enough. I also want to give props to Riva. She's SO sweet. She deals with appointments and phone calls etc. I wish I met her face-to-face just so I can thank her for being so accommodating and attentive too!! 5 stars all around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I have been treating with Dr Rubin for about 5 years. He has provided excellent care and advice. He does not rush you, or rush to judgement. He is a kind, caring individual. He has helped me tremendously with the concerns for which I needed treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

DR Rubin is very attentive and listens to my problems. He has given me medication to help me with my anxiety and monitors me closely. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for over 15 years. He personally has helped me immensly. He truly wants you to feel better and does just that. He is not in a rush and listens to what you need to say. I recommend him without any reservation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

Kind, considerate, prompt. I have no complaints. I've been seeing Dr. Rubin for almost 8 years and he's always been professional and caring. If I have a conflict or need help, Riva from his office has always been super helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1220310].votes_count ]]