Dr. Herbert S. Gates

Naples, Florida Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Orthopedics / Sports
Website: drherbertgates.com External Link
Practice: Herbert S. Gates III, M.D.
Hospital:
Phone:239-263-4511
Med. School:Duke University School Of Medicine
Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Herbert S. Gates has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5303984

24/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Herbert" to "Herbert S."
RID: 2607696
04/04/13 5 4 5 5 The office staff was great and so was Dr. Gates and his staff. I went in for a second Opinion and discovered my first doctor missed a break and was treating it in correctly. Dr. Gates and his staff took there time to show me and explain everything to me. They set me up right away with a treatment plan and answered all my question. They are all very friendly and dedicated to the patients best interested. I would 1000% recommend Dr.Gates and his staff.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2604652
01/04/13 5 5 5 5 Got in few minutes before appointment and was back home within the hour. Dupuytren release was just as described. Unbelievable. Removed the little band-aids next morning and good as new. No pain whatever. Had same surgery on other hand many years ago and was in a splint/cast for six weeks, plus rehab. Efficient, pleasant, considerate, highly recommend.
RID: 2604519
01/04/13 5 5 5 5 A friend who consults with Dr. Gates regularly recommended the Dr.'s practice after recently moving from the Midwest. Dr. Gates & his staff were thorough, friendly, courteous, and were able to help rectify a rather chronically painful situation. I highly recommend his to anyone that is looking for a highly-qualified sports medicine/orthopedist.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2586181
15/03/13 5 5 5 5 Nothing but compliments to Dr. Gates and his staff! I saw Dr. Gates after suffering a severe bite wound to the hand. The office staff was polite and I appreciate their great attention to detail. I was seen in a timely fashion and treated with genuine care and concern. Dr. Gates' nurses were very friendly and helpful. Dr. Gates has a high standard of care and it was very apparent. They even called later to check on me! I would highly recommend Dr. Gates and his staff.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2546187
30/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Herbert Gates and his entire staff made my recovery from a severe elbow fracture a complete success. Because of their top notch clinical skill, patient care, and ability to motivate me to partake fully in my Range Of Motion rehabilitation therapy, I have regained full use of my arm and elbow and am leading a fully active life again.
RID: 2545641
30/01/13 5 4 5 5 Office staff very helpful as to what needed to be done before my appointment.Greeted upon arrival. Dr. Gates; Kathleen Gates and thier nurse all made me very confortable at my visit and during my subsequent surgery. I even received a call after my surgery to see how I was doing!  Respond
RID: 2394286
06/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gates was courteous, professional, and very efficient as it pertained to both his and my time. Highly recommended!!!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1547380
26/09/11 1 1 1 3 Was a New patient. Doctor spent less than 1 minute on diagnosis and moved on. Very blunt and does not offer much in the way of conversation. Staff was found to be very robotic and not very friendly. When asked about the Doctor spending less than one minute with me...they said "that's about right"... Overall waited over 1 hour before Doctor gave a final diagnosis. Very disappointed that as a new patient the Doctor did not spend any quality time with me and it all felt impersonal. Not at all what I expected and my confidence in the Doctor was so poor that I cancelled future appointments and tests as he requested. Told the staff that I was not happy with the Doctor and the way I was treated. Instead of an appology and some type of explanation they seem to care less. Dr Gates is not a Doctor I would recommed to anyone.  Respond
RID: 1478820
04/07/11 1 1 1 1 totally misdiagnosed my problem.cut happy,only wanted to offer me surgery.Dr. Carneros at Physicians Regional fixed me with one cortrisone shot!!!
RID: 1405889

04/04/11 3 1 1 2
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 1110748

20/02/10 1 2 1 2 Receptionist insulted me for not working because I had a work related injury.Gates was, Rude, arrogant and had me in tears as I left. Refused to even consider a shot of cortisone, like I didn't deserve anything for my pain.  Respond
RID: 915950
17/06/09 5 5 5 5 HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH DR. GATES VERY KNOWLEGEABLE AND THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY. WOULD LET HIM DO SURGEY ANYTIME  Respond
RID: 243545
29/03/07 3 1 2 This doctor led me to believe that I needed hand surgery and had me scheduled for same in several days. He decided that he would not do the surgery at the last minute, telling me to get it done elsewhere. He was very rude and unprofessional.