Rate Dr. Glenn Chan

Dr. Glenn Chan's Ratings

I just had to reply to a comment below claiming that Dr Chan writes his own reviews!!! Whoever wrote this obviously does not understand how online reviews work, as you are only able to submit one from a specific IP address, meaning that even multiple computers in the same location are not able to leave another review.
As an extremely satisfied patient of Dr. Chan and the owner of a business myself, it irritates me to see such a negative review. Online forums are subject to positive and negative remarks, but when someone questions the integrity of the person/business it is going too far. We all know that online reviews are how we make decisions these days, whether it be which hotel/contractor/dentist to use or what recipe to make for supper! The best ones are the ones with the most positive reviews. Many businesses ask their clients/patients for reviews or testimonials, and any satisfied client is happy to talk about their experience. If Dr Chan has the most positive reviews it is because he has the highest level of satisfied clients. Period.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2538701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Dr Chan is an excellent Doctor in every sense of the word; knowledgeable, kind, friendly, and considerate.
My husband & I have been coming to Dr Chan for 8 years, and we have always been impressed by the promptness of the appointments and the efficiency of the staff. We are rarely waiting for more than 5 minutes in the waiting room, and once into the dentist chair are given first-rate care and attention.
Our family includes 2 boys; ages 4 and 2 1/2, and both have been seeing Dr Chan regularly since they were 2 years old. The friendly and patient demeanour of both Dr Chan and his staff put the boys at ease right away; riding in the chair and selecting a toy from the 'prize bin' is always the highlight of the visit!
One of the most impressive attributes of Dr Chan is how personable he is; knowing the names of the family members and taking time to stop and talk at each appointment really sets him apart from other Doctors. He strives to make a connection with his patients that goes deeper than the surface 'check up' appointments.
We would absolutely refer Dr Chan as the TOP dentist is Calgary. We come in from Okotoks to see him, and it is worth the drive! :) If you are considering a new dentist I encourage you to make an appointment with Dr Chan; you will not be disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Whenever the number of reviews for one doctor surpasses any other by a large amount, it should raise a flag. There must be a logical explanation and the ONLY one I can come up with is that Dr. Chan is writing many of them.

My first impression was a positive one. Everyone was friendly and Dr. Chan was on time. After the initial assessment, I booked an appointment to start working on a few fillings. He started with 2 fillings that first appointment. After he finished drilling out the 2nd cavity, he was getting ready to start placing the filling when I heard his assistant saying "I still see more...". He takes a look, agrees and starts drilling a little more. He did NOT notice there was still cavity left???
I got home and once the anesthesia wore off, I started eating. Every bite on that tooth was painful. I called their office and they asked me to come early next morning so Dr. Chan can take a look. I went in the next morning while the clinic was fairly quite. The secretary came in the back with me and watched while Dr. Chan checked. He claimed there was nothing wrong with his work and it is possible that because the filling was deep and I just needed time to let it heal. I must say, when I saw that the secretary was taking the issue more seriously than him and she's the one who was sort of consoling me while he sat there being sarcastic and laughing at his own arrogant jokes, that's when I knew I was at the wrong place.

I waited for a week, the pain was still there so I booked an appointment with another dentist. Sure enough, there was still cavity left under the filling. After that dentist finished working on it, I went home and waited for the anesthesia to wear off. I started eating and there was no pain whatsoever.

I hope you make the right decision!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2537990].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Wow what a dentist and over all good person. I was looking for a dentist as I was new to the area I had reviewed rate mds for Dr Chan which were all great. So I decided to see him. Let me tell you he was very confident in addressing the dental issue I had that other dentists in the past were not willing to address. Following that I had an emergency root canal done at another office and it still was still very painful. Dr chan retreated it and I'm feeling no pain. He even went to the point of communicating with me on the weekend and throughout the week when he was with his family and the office was closed. I usually don't write reviews but this dentists knowledge and communication was top notch I would also like to comment on how reassuring he is when he is working he keeps you aware of what he is doing and what is going on and his assistants are great and make you feel very comfortable.

He will also go to every length to save a tooth he will give you all the options and give you lots of attention and time going over this. Ultimately he is the best dentist I've had and shows it through his work and professionalism as well cares for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

I am one of Dr. Chan's first patients. He has always been very good to me. Last month I went to see him because I chipped a tooth. He gave me a crown. The procedure was very difficult for both of us. It is the hardest tooth in the mouth to work on and he was very kind to me during the whole process. He always keeps me informed on what he is doing and why. His assistant is very kind and helpful too. I am a nervous patient and giving me a needle is a challenge. They were both very good to me through that difficult time. My tooth has been crowned and I am healing well. I will never go to another dentist. He is the BEST and I have recommended some patients to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

I found Dr. Chan's office through this website. I actually read all the reviews good and otherwise and was impressed with the general feel of his patients towards the office. My family of 5 live outside Calgary and have to travel a fair distance (45 minutes) to get to his office. There are many dental offices closer to our home and where I work, however having visited Dr. Chan's office many times now, I know I will always be going to see him as our dentist. Dr. Chan is kind and generous, his prices are fair IMO given his level of expertise. I have never been kept waiting and he always greats us with a smile and handshake. We actually were out one weekend at the Farmers Market and bumped into Dr. Chan and his wife and son. Even outside the office he was really nice, and introduced us to his whole family and chatted for awhile. I can tell he is sincere, and appreciate him greatly. Good job!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Becoming Dr. Chan's patient was the smartest decision I've made in a long time. His staff are warm, friendly and enthusiastic, and all say that they're thrilled to work there - it's clear that Dr. Chan respects and values his staff - which in my opinion, is a mark of a great practitioner. Dr. Chan personalizes the care of every patient, and makes sure all your needs are met and expectations are exceeded before you leave his office. His office boasts the latest dentistry technology, and he is committed to providing first-class care. His receptionists are well versed in benefits coverage, and make the payment process simple and painless. I am so glad to have found his office, and have recommended him to all of my friends and family. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

After reading positive reviews on this forum, I went to see Dr Chan to remove my upper wisdom teeth , and I am very glad I did. I could tell he is very experienced and knowledgeable; he responded to all my questions, provided his professional opinion, and let me choose. As for the surgery, it went very well; in fact, I could not tell exactly when my wisdom teeth were removed as I thought he was just testing the anesthetic. I'd like to say big thank you to Erin who assisted Dr. Chan. She is great, very attentive and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Good dentist, found him on ratemds. Good with both our kids and takes insurance. Lots of parking too. Fees a little high. Good hours. We are happy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1221948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

We have been patients at Dr. Chan's office for a couple years now. We found him through this website. We have very good insurance (Calgary Board of Education). In the whole time we've been patients he has never diagnosed anything other than yearly cleanings. One of our kids had a small cavity but Dr. Chan said the tooth was really loose anyway so no point to filling it as it would fall out within days, and it did. We are happy with the treatment at this office but agree the fees are a little high. Then again he has LOTS of staff and we never do any paperwork so I guess it's fair. Overall excellent office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1221947].votes_count ]]