Rate Dr. Everton Gooden

Dr. Everton Gooden's Ratings

Excellent ENT. Dr Gooden did my sinus surgery, and did an excellent job. This was my third surgery, but the best one. Very smooth recovery. Almost didn't have to take pain killer. My sense of smell that I had lost for a few years is back. I strongly recommend him.

Submitted June 18, 2014 | flag

I visited this office three times and will never step in there again in my whole life. Waiting time is huge, surgeon sent me for biopsies twice because first time was not good enough, instead of calling me to let me know I need to repeat the biopsy they made me an appt in couple months only for me to wait to see him for over an hour for him to tell me you need a second biopsy because first one was not good enough. Anyways I agreed to have second one done and guess what was not good enough either. Are you ready? He suggested removing the thyroid based on inconclusive result. I never went back and since then I have been going to mount sinai and they were able to do biopsy with no problem. And guess what result was normal. If it was up to Dr. Gooden he would have removed my thyroid for no reason. Overall office gets very poor rating.

Submitted March 19, 2014 | flag

I did not visit Dr. Gooden regularly, maybe once a year and I have been seeing him for years. He performed sinus surgery on me years ago. I was surprised to find during my recent visit that his secretary who has been working for him for years is no longer there. She’s fabulous, down to the earth, straight forward, definitely a person with no bull-s…. & really the driver in the office. While people tends to be easily deceived by someone who’s bluffing around, it’s hard to find someone like her who’s really there when you need help. Now I couldn’t even get hold with any human being on the line every time I call. No doubt Dr. Gooden is a good surgeon, but office cannot function properly without capable & devoted staff. I have no idea what had happened but something must have gone wrong. What a great LOSS to this great surgeon & his office!!!

Submitted May 14, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Gooden approx. 3 weeks ago and they have not called me to book an appointment. My family doctor advised me to give them a call and I did but noone ever answers the phone. Already left 3 voice mails and still nothing. If they cannot even return patient's calls, I don't even want to imagine the doctors office. First impression - poor poor poor!

Submitted May 7, 2013 | flag

Doctor Gooden is a CHAMP!!! I am so glad that I had him do my Septoplasty so I can finally breathe. Everton Gooden is a very smart and knowledgeable doctor and a surgeon. People have to look past the little things such as appointments taking too long and not be cry babies about it. I get it, it might not be professional or punctual to have patients wait for awhile but he has a lot of patients. Staff in the office are rude, but his secretary Anam is the best. She is very polite and helpful, just over all a nice person to deal with. He is also not a small talk individual and straight to the point while answering all of your questions so don't be surprised if you are the type of person to chat with doctors.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2012 | flag

Have been seeing this doctor for years. He operated on me a few years back for sinus problems. His care has always been excellent. Awesome bedside manner and genuin careing. I would def recommend without hesitation.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2012 | flag

Saw this doctor for nose & throat problems..he performed surgery on me with no positive results. Found out later that the surgery was not required.He could not help me so he sent me back to my family doctor. What a waste of 2 years of tests/surgery/recovery!

Submitted Feb. 9, 2012 | flag

This was my first visit to see Dr. Gooden, and was as pleasant as he could make it under the circumstances. was very imformative, seemed very genuine, and answered questions before i had a chance to even ask them. I look forward to him doing my scheduled surgery and trust his knowledge. The ladies in front were busy but were not rude, I understand their job is not the most pleasant at times when dealing with difficult patients, or impatient ones. Treat others as you wish to be treated.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2012 | flag

Horrible waiting times!! And rude staff and doctor! Highly do not recommend!!!

Submitted Jan. 26, 2012 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Gooden for a thyroid biospy which initially came back as benign. Dr. Gooden decided to order more tests, and in the end, did my thyroid surgery which ended up being thyroid cancer. Dr. Gooden was professional, confident, straight-forward and caring in all his interactions with me. He gave me information about all my options and answered all my questions. I am so grateful to him for taking care of my thyroid problem. His staff was friendly and helpful to me, but the office is very busy and it is true about the wait times - usually very long(can be 1 hour or so).

Submitted Dec. 7, 2011 | flag