Rate Dr. Everton Gooden

Dr. Everton Gooden's Ratings

Dr. Gooden is very understanding through out pre operative appointments. Listened to all my concerns, didn't feel rushed. Surgery went smoothly and explained briefly the surgery right before and checked on me in recovery to speak to me. He is a warm and sincere doctor, very knowledgable and follows through. Highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2014

Three years ago, Dr. Gooden did my parotidectomy...a very complicated high risk surgery. Amazingly, I felt no pain after my surgery and I recovered beautifully, with no scars whatsoever. Dr. Gooden, is a kind, compassionate, excellent surgeon. He is very professional and he saved my life. I had a malignant tumour in my salivary gland. Thanks to his amazing ability as an excellent surgeon, although he had to tear half my face off and take my salivary gland out, you would never know...he is like an angel and a magician all together. I owe him the rest of my life and I am forever grateful. Thank you so very much Dr. Gooden. You are amazing and thanks to you I can confidently say that I will have a long, healthy life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2624848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Excellent surgeon! I had my parathyroid surgery recently with Dr. Gooden, very knowledgeable. Excellent bedside manner. Smooth recovery. Had many surgeries in the past not related to this one, can see the difference in how Doctors/Surgeons approach their patients. Wish more Surgeons would learn the way Dr. Gooden interacts with his patients! His secretary is also very helpful. Thank You Dr. Goodeen, I have no words to describe you!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2609767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Excellent ENT. Dr Gooden did my sinus surgery, and did an excellent job. This was my third surgery, but the best one. Very smooth recovery. Almost didn't have to take pain killer. My sense of smell that I had lost for a few years is back. I strongly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445556].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I visited this office three times and will never step in there again in my whole life. Waiting time is huge, surgeon sent me for biopsies twice because first time was not good enough, instead of calling me to let me know I need to repeat the biopsy they made me an appt in couple months only for me to wait to see him for over an hour for him to tell me you need a second biopsy because first one was not good enough. Anyways I agreed to have second one done and guess what was not good enough either. Are you ready? He suggested removing the thyroid based on inconclusive result. I never went back and since then I have been going to mount sinai and they were able to do biopsy with no problem. And guess what result was normal. If it was up to Dr. Gooden he would have removed my thyroid for no reason. Overall office gets very poor rating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1222433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I did not visit Dr. Gooden regularly, maybe once a year and I have been seeing him for years. He performed sinus surgery on me years ago. I was surprised to find during my recent visit that his secretary who has been working for him for years is no longer there. She’s fabulous, down to the earth, straight forward, definitely a person with no bull-s…. & really the driver in the office. While people tends to be easily deceived by someone who’s bluffing around, it’s hard to find someone like her who’s really there when you need help. Now I couldn’t even get hold with any human being on the line every time I call. No doubt Dr. Gooden is a good surgeon, but office cannot function properly without capable & devoted staff. I have no idea what had happened but something must have gone wrong. What a great LOSS to this great surgeon & his office!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1222432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Gooden approx. 3 weeks ago and they have not called me to book an appointment. My family doctor advised me to give them a call and I did but noone ever answers the phone. Already left 3 voice mails and still nothing. If they cannot even return patient's calls, I don't even want to imagine the doctors office. First impression - poor poor poor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1222431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Doctor Gooden is a CHAMP!!! I am so glad that I had him do my Septoplasty so I can finally breathe. Everton Gooden is a very smart and knowledgeable doctor and a surgeon. People have to look past the little things such as appointments taking too long and not be cry babies about it. I get it, it might not be professional or punctual to have patients wait for awhile but he has a lot of patients. Staff in the office are rude, but his secretary Anam is the best. She is very polite and helpful, just over all a nice person to deal with. He is also not a small talk individual and straight to the point while answering all of your questions so don't be surprised if you are the type of person to chat with doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1222430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2012

Have been seeing this doctor for years. He operated on me a few years back for sinus problems. His care has always been excellent. Awesome bedside manner and genuin careing. I would def recommend without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1222429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2012

Saw this doctor for nose & throat problems..he performed surgery on me with no positive results. Found out later that the surgery was not required.He could not help me so he sent me back to my family doctor. What a waste of 2 years of tests/surgery/recovery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1222426].votes_count ]]