Dr. Lloyd Semelhago

Rate Dr. Lloyd Semelhago

Dr. Lloyd Semelhago's Ratings

Excellent Surgeon, , he tells it like it is, I am grateful he performed my emergency triple bypass heart surgery. I wish there were more Doctors as caring and knowledgeable as he is. Thank You for saving my life!

Submitted Aug. 9, 2014 | flag

He saved my 83 year old fathers life last year. He had an aortic valve replacement surgery and because he's on warfarin, they couldn't stop the bleeding after stitching him up. Semelhago came into the waiting room and told us that he didn't thing my dad would make it and gave him less than a 5% chance. He ordered a very expensive drug - like $5000 a dose to stop the bleeding and it worked. He described it as a miracle. Bless him! Dad is doing great now, a year later and looks very healthy. Semelhago is blunt and to the point and won't hesitate to let you know if you aren't doing something right post operative care and will let you know in no uncertain terms but the guy is a talent - no question.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2013 | flag

My father is a patient of Dr. Semelhago's and I attend most appointments, he is a ver knowledgable professional who always takes the time to explain in detail and repeat whatever we required. Very patient and personable, would highly recommend his as a Doctor and Surgeon.

Submitted March 15, 2013 | flag

I found Dr. Semelhago very proficient and sympathetic. If you have to go through the 'open heart experience' I cannot imagine a better surgeon and am grateful for eight years of active life (so far!).

Submitted Nov. 1, 2012 | flag

dr.semalhago ,is the very best ,had a quad by-pass ,didn;t know i would survive,he saved my life tyrone johnston,had by-pass nov 2011

Submitted April 13, 2012 | flag

One of the best Doctors I have had the privilege to deal with. His surgical skills are well known and highly regarded. His manners are impeccable. He may be the last of his kind!!

Submitted March 19, 2012 | flag

He is simply the best!!He saved my life!I got a mecanical mitral valve and one by-pass....on feb.9th 2006...I was 56 years old...he speaks in terms that all can understand...and will answer any questions asked of him by all family members...thank you just not seem to be enough...

Submitted Dec. 3, 2011 | flag

What does a family say to the surgeon who saved its life? After a difficult five bypass surgery, a simple thank you seems inadequate. Dr. Semelhago was compassionate, caring, skilled, knowlegeable and, overall, a fantastic surgeon. We are thankful for his skill and support through this process. And he leaves you with a beautiful scar,,,Thank you, Jack Whittle

Submitted May 13, 2011 | flag

The Best! Efficient gives all the information you need to make an informed decision.

Submitted May 1, 2011 | flag

Dr. Semelhago performed quintuple coronary artery bypass grafts on me in mid-January with excellent results. He has two qualities that are rarely combined in one person: a brilliant surgeon and an exceptional and compassionate communicator. It's difficult to say more when someone has given you a second chance at life.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2010 | flag