Rate Dr. J.F. Chevalier

Dr. J.F. Chevalier's Ratings

My son was in a bad MVA and transported to Royal Inland Hospital. Although Dr. Chevalier and I didn't start off on the best terms in regards to "I'm still his mother" he ultimately ended up being a very nice man. Treated my son very well, and fused my sons c-spine with amazing hands. Only 1 day post surgery, he is up and walking like a trooper... Overall, I would recommend this Dr, as his patients quality of life is his priority

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1224314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2012

Dr. Chevalier has been my Neurosurgeon of choice for a number of years, and has helped me immensely with my chronic pain and back issues. He and his receptionist Cathy, have always treated me very well and are always very friendly. He has been extremely helpful in trying to figure out different procedures that may benefit me. I have the upmost respect for him, and he is an amazing surgeon. I trust him wholeheartedy to perform any procedure on my back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1224313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2012

I celebrated my "second first birthday" on December 6, 2011. This was the 1st anniversary of my brain surgery - removing of a tumor. I was in best hands from the very beginning of this process, during my stay in hospital (daily visit) and with all the care after. Thank you to Dr.Chevalier and all of his team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1224312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2011

My boyfriend broke his back, T6-8, and spent 8 days in Kamloops hospital. Chevalier was supposed to come by within hours of our arrival at the hospital, and we did not see him till 3 days into the hospital stay. And when he arrived, he was rude, pompous, seemingly annoyed, and didn't let anyone say anything. I'd say he likes to listen to his own voice a little too much. When his spine was finally looked at Chevalier said he didn't want to do surgery. Months later at the 1st check up, he back tracked and said he should have done the surgery at the beginning. Months later at his 2nd check up, he arrived for his appointment, and the office staff rescheduled him without informing him, and they could not even confirm the appointment because they had their computers unplugged because of renovations. A reschedule would not have been that big of a deal, except the fact that he lives 7 hours away. Both him and his staff are unhelpful and unprofessional. NOT impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1224311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2011

Mid Dec., 2008 I was finally correctly diagnosed with a extra large Meningioma Brain Tumour. 3 surgeons turned down the oportunity of removing it, and Dr. J.F. Chevalier, notwithstanding the extreme size & time involved in excising the tumour, accepted me as his patient. He worked closely with my advocate and on Jan. 9, 2009, after a 12 hour surgical procedure, he & his team gave me back my life. Dr. Chevalier has gifted hands & an abundance of knowledge and abilities, making him an expert in this field. His "bed side" manner may leave something to be desired, but on the whole, he never failed me nor my advocate & family once. During follow-up visits, he answered all my questions thoroughly and helped me understand what had happened to me over that 30 year period. I am a walking tribute to his abilities, knowledge & extensive and ongoing trainings. I was fortunate - Dr. Chevalier was a blessing bestowed on me, without my knowledge. Thank you Dr. Chevalier & your team & staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1224310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I was diagnosed with a benign brain tumour in June 2009. He had his receptionist move up my appt twice, because of the seriousness of my situation. I was booked for surgery a week after I saw him. He took a hour and a half with my husband and I, explaining the situation and detailing the surgery. I ended up having a 9 hour surgery. He saw me everyday of the week I was in the hospital. I would not hesitate at all to recommend this doctor - he was awesome!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1224309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

I was very disappointed after 24 months of waiting to see this Doctor. I was diagnosed after a MRI that I had Spinal Stenosis as well as 3 other things. When I saw Dr. C. He put his head down and shook it back and forth and said that MRI's don't tell you anything. After we talked then he looked at my Scan and realized that I have 4 things wrong with my back including Spinal Stenosis. Then he started back tracking. He also seems to have a problem with over weight people. (I'm about 25 lbs. overweight) Talked about having a new baby and how his wife is doing the babies room. At the end of the appointment we went to the outer office and he looked down at his feet and said you have to be in my shoes to know how much pain some people are in. In other words I didn't matter much. That is how I felt when I left there. Waiting to see another Dr. who has a very good rating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1224308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2011

great doctor. he and i agree on a variety of subjects. i was glad he chose to prescribe generics rather than expensive name-brand drugs. he doesn't **** you either which I like. When you are in a rough situation you need real answers and not fluff to make you feel better. My situation sucked but Chevalier did what he could to help me through. thanks doc

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1224307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2010

A very rude attitude. Won't let the patient talk plus said, I am very tired. My mind is already with someone else. I don't have the time to answer all your questions . He shouldn't be a doctor at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1224306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2010

The Doctor walked in the office and before he even had my pictures up on the computer he was being very rude and seemed bothered to have me there. He didn't even have my latest MRI before telling me there was nothing wrong. When my family Doc sent over the most recent MRI the next day, he refused to even look at them. Fool is what he is as far as I'm concerned. I have 3 bulging discs, sciatica, 2 vertabre rubbing together and am almost bedridden 2-4 days per month. I'm on 200mgs of morphine/day as well as muscle relaxants and now stomach meds to name a few. I also use medicinal marijuana which should be used in treatments more often in my opinion (I have a federal exemption). I'm in constant pain but I wouldn't let this Doc come near me again, just because of how I was treated in his office and his complete lac of professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1224305].votes_count ]]