Rate Dr. Paul Milanese

Dr. Paul Milanese's Ratings

Following a series of violent crime against me, I knew I was developing PTSD. This man failed to follow the diagnosis of general anxiety disorder from Ontario, as I followed instruction and sought out treatment if the symptoms worsened. INSTEAD... he tried to tell me I was imagining everything except my injuries. He instructed my Dr. to abruptly stop long term benzo therapy, which is life threatening, and failed to do anything to treat anxiety for over two years. I almost died because of this man. Everything he was told he ignored, as well as every major clinical indicator, and pursued some insane fantasy. Then he slandered me to my doctor, intentionally lying, leaving a patient with chronic pain and advanced PTSD without a physician. This man is dangerous, and cost me three years of my life. Avoid him at all costs. He has a lot of anger and does not listen, is wildly judgmental, and will make facts up as he goes along, to fit his perceptions. He should not be doing front line work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

At their request, I accompanied a family member on visits. We found Dr. Milanese to be wonderfully calm and positive, well-trained (imagine having to be interested in the same story being told over and over again), non-judgemental, encouraging, patient and so respectful. I'm glad we didn't know these ratings beforehand: we keep in mind that someone may give a negative feedback when they are not in the proper "frame of mind" to give a testimonial. He's tops with us!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1226571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Worst psychiatrist I've seen in over 20 years of mental health care. Had him for 3 years, was treated poorly and suffered major destabilizations due to his "care". He doesn't listen, he's old and tries to tell every woman that she's bpd, including me which he then denied in the next appointment when he got my old charts that say bipolar 1 d.o. I was so horrified from my experiences with this man that I stopped getting care at all for 2 years as he refused to let me see anyone else. Humbug!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1226570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Dr. Milanese was helpful, kind, and patient. He listened to me and made a diagnosis which in my case felt appropriate and made sense to me. He was quite knowledgable and warm and I really felt heard with him. He seems to be a compassionate clinician and an able diagnostician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1226569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2012

This past year has been a very difficult one for my family and myself. Because of Dr. Milanese I am getting my life back. He saved me and my marriage. He has done a wonderful job diagnosing me and treating me. The few times we met, he always came across as genuinely compassionate and empathetic. He never rushed me and always took the time to listen to me. Even though he is a very busy doctor, he always made me feel like he was there for me and cared about me. Unfortunately not everyone is going to like everyone and because of this people think doctors are different...they put doctors on a pedestal when really they are just like you and me...if you don't like a doctor, get referred to a new doctor that you are compatible with...however for me, Dr. Milanese was a great match for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1226568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

Within 10 minutes of my first meeting with Dr. Milanese he diagnosed me with Borderline Personality Disorder. I was devastated, I knew this was wrong but did my research only to realize I did not have this. I returned to his office to tell him this and he told me I was in denail. So then I asked him to send me to a specialist to deal with my diagnosis. He referred me to a psychologist who specializes in BPD and cofirmed our first session I did not have it but has been do all the relevant tests and it was again concluded I do NOT have BPD. Dr. Milanese caused me more harm than good as this misdiagnosis cost me more than I could write in this paragraph.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1226573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2012

I came to Dr. Milanese after an assessment with another person on staff. This assessment said I was borderline and he immediately told me so without any questions of his own. After some discussion he decided he was mistaken. He refused to talk about the details of the traumatic episode I just went through and had made the appointment for. He made sweeping generalizations and threats of incarceration if I did not "get over it". He made me feel stupid for no handling my situation better by saying that there were several obvious "red flags" I should have seen. He then cut a hour session 40 min short after deciding that I was not in need of medication. I waited 3 weeks for this "help" and I am now worse than I was before because now I have no hope for recovery. 5-10 minutes of listening from somebody who understood mental health was all I was after.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1226567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2011

Any GLB and especially T people should be wary of this doctor. Dr. Milanese has repeatedly stated to multiple patients that he "does not believe in gender identity disorder" a condition accepted by the medical and psychiatric communities and listed by both the DSM and ICD. His demeanor changed and he became openly hostile when I said I was trans and I got the impression that he referred me elsewhere as soon as he could. Bigotry and intolerance should not be part of the medical community.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1226572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

A great mental health professional! He is on-time with appointments, warm, polite, caring, a clear communicator, an attentive listener, a keen observer, a helpful explainer and a good diagnostician. He makes me feel both respected and cared for. I feel he is the best medical professional of any kind that I have dealt with in this community during my recent illness. Looking for a top-notch Italian - Canadian psychiatric practitioner? The Soprano's Doctor seductive Jennifer Melfi??? Fuggedaboutit!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1226566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2011

Dr. Milanese has helped me through 3 episodes of dpression over the past 10 years. He is always supportive,kind, and fixed all the medication errors my family doc had made. He was understanding and took time to really listen to me. I don't want to think where I would be without his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1226565].votes_count ]]