Rate Dr. George R. Woodbury

Dr. George R. Woodbury's Ratings

I didn't read the other reviews before I saw Dr. Woodbury. I wouldn't have gone if I had. My experience was a very pleasant one. The longest wait was filling out the new patient profile. When I went to the back I waited about 20 minutes. When the Dr. came in he had a student Dr. With him. He did most of the talking. He looked at my skin area and was familiar with the problem. He started treatment right away and told me how to follow up. I was pleased with his kn
owledge and level of care. I'm not trying to make light of the other reviews I'm just reporting my account. Maybe things are getting better because of the negative reviews. I would definitely see this Dr. again. He is on the computer a lot but he also did a good examination and gave me some good information about my condition that he printed from his computer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Very bright and thorough. Dr Woodburymay be the fastest typist I've ever seen. The staff up front was very detail oriented. I will return.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2109980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2012

He cut a gigantic hole in me for a mole that hadn't even been biopsied yet and charged my insurance company over $2000 for "surgery." The hole he cut out of my skin looked HORRIFIC and the stitches were sloppy. Most Dr's take a "scraping" of a mole and see if it's cancer before they start digging into skin. I feel like he took advantage of me not realizing that just to make money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2109979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2012

He is not about helping patients at all. He is all about making the most money out off patients. Very unethical. He took pictures of my condition and asked me later on if he can use them as a teaching tool at the UT medical school. I told him no but I don't trust him. He rushes into cutting skin with a razor because that is what gets him the most money. He did cut skin from four locations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2109983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

Very unhelpful, and unwilling to listen. He allow his medical assistant to make a false diagnosis & refused to even concider she may be wrong. She asked a few irrelevant questions and even though - I knew what condition I was suffering from. She insisted it was nothing but clogged pores (clogged pores dont have a core , spred or swell and scar. He agreed without examination but wouldn't even touch my skin. This man is a terrible doctor if you care about yourself & your family save them the greif & money and find one that actually cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2109982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Wow, wish I would have discovered this site before my visit. Another mole removal horror story. Moronic staff took sutures out too soon and site opened leaving a scar this size of quarter on my lower back. Agree w/ previous reviewer that he was more concerned with the efficiency of his IT systems than patient care. He was only engaged in the conversation when he spoke about his political affiliations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2109978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2010

I had an appointment and was 18 minutes due to the fact that I got a ticket on the way. I called to tell them I was 5 minutes away. They told me they had to call the office manager at another office to see if I could still come in. When I arrived there were 4 girls behind the glass doing nothing and NO ONE in the office. They told me I would have to reschedule as they had a 15 minute rule. I was 18 minutes late. Their staff are people friendsly and I will never go back there and will tell eeryone I know not to go there because of the way they treated me!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2109977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2010

Avoid George Woodbury and his unprofessional rude staff. George is the worst Dermatoligist I have ever come across in my 50 plus years. I understand why George Woodburys office request payment in full up front because you will be so dissatisfied that you would refuse to pay if payment was not demanded up front !!! Worst Worst Dermatoligist in Memphis....No Knowledge all fluff!!!!!Truly beware or be sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2109976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2109981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2010

Seems to be much more about money than about caring. There's always a wait of more than an hour, but his staff WILL "fire" you if you have to cancel and reschedule your appointment more than a few times even though there is always a herd of people in the office to fill the timespot with no loss to the practice. He seems to spend his time with patients typing records on his computer, not interacting with people, and has never spent more than 5 or so minutes actually with me -- unless he's talking about his political world. On two occasions I was given an injection in my scalp and I had blood running down my face -- he just left! My mother and sister, who were patients, have already left for similar reasons. This isn't about his professional competence - albeit it is difficult to judge his competance due to a lack of patient interaction. There are more caring doctors and practices in this city.Strictly about the MONEY in my opinion,none of which will be MINE in the future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2109975].votes_count ]]