Dr. Farzad Tanha

Rate Dr. Farzad Tanha

Dr. Farzad Tanha's Ratings

Great manner - very kind and Professional. Got all the appointments set up very quickly.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2013 | flag

Horrible doctor! Told my mom she had brain tumor from her symptoms. He gave her x-rays, CT scan and MRI on her brain yet it showed nothing. He told her there was no other explanation for her symptoms. Told her to go home and get her affairs in order because he would eventually find the tumor and it must be hiding. My mom was scared to death. She went and saw another Neurologist and within 10 minutes of being in that others doctors office, the doctor properly diagnosed her. No brain tumor but Trigeminal neuralgia. What doctor tells their patient what he told my mom without proof. I would not recommend him to anyone and definitely wouldn't trust my life in his hands.

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

I was early for my appointment, Dr Tanha came in early for the interview and went back to his lunch while the tech did her thing. She was very friendly, explained everything step by step and helped me when I was having turning. Dr Tanha came back to do the fiddly bits and conduction testing. He was very gentle compared to previous testers and very thorough. He explained what he was doing and why, and apologized after replicating my leg spasm with a bit more success than either of us had expected. He was friendly, he was skilled, had a good sense humour and was very thorough. I'd recommend him to friends and family.

Submitted March 6, 2013 | flag

I was waiting for a phone call from Dr. Tanha's office for an appointment. I thought I would phone to get on a cancellation list. Receptionist said they don't have a cancellation list. It would be between 2 and 3 months wait. When I was put on hold she went to speak to the doctor and came back and said that the doctor looked over my file and he said he couldn't help me and that he wouldn't see me. I was shocked and very upset. All I wanted was something for my severe nerve pain. I didn't expect him to cure me or diagnose me. I know what I have. I just wanted a knowledgeable person to go over my options about nerve meds. I always thought drs. were there to help people, not to turn them away....He probably saw that I was diagnosed with lyme disease and didn't want anything to do with this horrible disease. Mad and disappointed in our medical system......

Submitted Oct. 14, 2012 | flag

In the spring of 2007 I had lain in a Mission Hospital bed for 3 weeks without use of my hands or legs. Nobody knew what was wrong with me. Finally in desparation they sent me to Dr. Tanha on May 10th at 4:00 PM. By 5:30 he knew what was wrong with me and scheduled an MRI for me at RCH the following morning. Dr. Andrew Lee, a neurosugeon, was there and the MRI confirmed Dr. Tanha's findings. I had spinal stenosis at the 2nd and 3rd vertebrae. Dr. Lee said he would be operating the following morning. Three weeks later I walked out of the hospital almost fully able to use my hands and legs. I will never forget Dr. Tanha or Dr. Lee.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2011 | flag

Best doctor ever in the world! he is alway there for you and helpful

Submitted June 24, 2011 | flag

I have been to this Doctor years ago, and have not forgotten him, he was very detailed and showed much compassion, and I dont suffer from seizures no more. My son is now getting help from him, and he is helping him out so much,and my son really likes him, as my son will need surgery soon, as his condition is very serious, I am glad he is in Dr. Tanha's care, I would not want anyone else to take care of my son's condition, except Dr. Tanha, and as well, I would like to add, that his staff is so very helpful, as well as professional and kind, and right on the ball just like Dr. Tanha. thank-you Dr.Tanha and your staff.

Submitted May 3, 2011 | flag

This doctor is effecient, knowlageable and has an excellent sense of humor. He kept me fully informed during the assessment and testing, he offered a detailed diagnosis as well as prognosis. I was impressed with his approach and since I would never offer a full 5 rating, I am giving Dr. Tanha my highest possible rating... a 4.9

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag

Although quite quick to get through talking to you, he is extremely good with testing. As well, at a diagnostic test I had done, he was patient, compasionate and I feel very comfortable with his knowledge and experience. I was very appreciative of how he didn't make me feel like a nervous patient but more like a caring doctor who calmed me down. I'm glad that I was referred to him, he's very knowledgeable and personable.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2010 | flag

Dr Tanha diagnosed me as having spinal stenosis in an hour. Other doctors spent the last month and came up with nothing.

Submitted May 25, 2010 | flag