Dr. Seema Haq

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/04/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Seema Haq has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5574621
23/06/14 1 1 1 1 Forgets everything and she is very unaware of how diet and exercise that affects thyroid conditions. Asks you what tests they did last time. Her nurse and staff forget to call in prescriptions and will hound you about a co- pay that you already paid. Absolutely no follow up and disorganized. I would not suggest her to anyone.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5525124
05/06/14 2 2 1 2 I feel Dr. Haq is knowledgable but feel that she doesn't care anymore and has lost her passion. She does not listen to you or even look at you- she is too busy with her head down in the computer supposedly taking notes but as stated in previous comments she doesn't remember anything. If you are wanting someone to listen and care and give you a diagnosis then don't waste your time or money on making an appt with her. She is quick to order tests and send you to other doctors which in return empties your pocket book and in the end there is still no result.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 4908745

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0  Respond

12/01/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 3625411
05/12/13 3 3 2 2 No bedside manner. Very curt and to the point. Doesn't listen very well. No real compassion for my financial situation (I have no insurance and she was wanting me to go see a myriad of other physicians for tests, I assume to prevent being sued if anything were to go wrong with my situation). Assumes the patient knows nothing. She seems to be well educated, just felt like a piece of cattle, moving through the stalls....  Respond
RID: 2871568
22/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Haq has been my endocrinologist for a year and I think she's just great at what she does she's very personable and she takes her time.
Insurance: Humana
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 2661167
23/05/13 3 2 1 1 I was very unimpressed with Dr Haq, I did not feel like she listened to me at all, dismissed my concerns and was rather rude about the fact I had to bring my 3 year old with me. She did do an ultrasound of my thyroid for free but made very sure that I knew she was doing it as a favor to me. She talked down to me and really had no bedside manner. I never went back after my initial visit.
Paid (or co-pay): $179
RID: 2147284
19/05/12 3 2 1 2 I have been to Dr. Haq several times. On the first visit, I was very impressed with how thorough she was. However, on the 3 follow ups, it was just like an initial visit, except that I was told a different opinion and treatment idea. She is obviously extremely overloaded, there being a shortage of good endocrinologists in the area. The problem with that, is that there is no personal care. She starts each appointment the same - reviewing the history in the computer, and asking the same questions each time. She doesn't remember things that were said to her, or things that she said, and doesn't appear to take good notes because it starts all over again the next time. The last two times I went to her, I was told completely different things about her opinion and plan, although none of the tests gave her any new information. I'm discouraged, and feeling unheard, so I will be trying to find another doctor.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1535102
12/09/11 1 1 1 1 i ve been seeing her for more than 3 months and still feel the same Ans she makes me pay for all this labs , biopsy , swallow tests , endoscopy with no results at all , am actually looking for another doctor right now ,
RID: 1488424
16/07/11 5 5 5 5 I have used Dr Haq to treat my Grave's. Switched to her after trying two other Endos in the Plano area who pushed ATDS & treated me as if I was unintelligent & overanxious by personality when I was experiencing lapse of memory due to meds and insommnia related anxiety that was severe. She is readily available, even called me on Christmas Eve from her home to check up on me. Always willing to listen, careful to look at the whole picture of your health, and explain multiple times the same thing till you understand. Labs are posted quickly on webmd. Her office is not as fancy, but her efficient professional manner & the friendliness of her staff makes up for that. I have reccomended her to many thyroid cancer patients as well. Definately worth driving an hour to see her. Do your RAI at Tx Presby's Denton oncology that is right next door.
Insurance: AHC
RID: 1467228
18/06/11 5 5 5 5 GREAT PHYSICIAN. I was comfortable with her and staff.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1177692
27/05/10 5 5 5 5 She is a fantastic Endocrin. I travel 2 hours to see her and refer my own patients to her as well!
RID: 961888
13/08/09 4 2 5 5 Dr. Haq is the 2nd endo I've seen. I was not impressed with the end result of my first visit. I had an appointment at 2:30. I arrived at 1:30 and was not even taken to a room until 4:30. I was told that Dr. Haq's regular nurse, Tammy, was out which was the reason for the long wait. I was impressed once Dr. Haq introduced herself to me. She ran a series of tests and was very thorough at explaining everything to me. Dr. Haq mails a copy of all test results no matter where the labs were done. I have never been able to reach her by phone, but Tammy always calls back, normally the same day. I have been to her office several times and feel lucky to have found such a caring doctor who is as thorough as Dr. Haq.