Rate Dr. Gordon K. Nakata

Dr. Gordon K. Nakata's Ratings

I was in a car accident and was experiencing extreme pain with every movement I made. I went to the emergency room and was referred to Dr. Nakata.The wait time for an appt was within days and he was professional,courteous,honest and made me as comfortable as possible. I required a cervical spine discectomy and fusion. I was on some heavy pain meds in the hospital and when Dr Nakata came in i asked if he would take me off. He then put me on a mixture of prednisone,valium (for a muscle relaxer) and 1000mg IV tylenol. I was finally able to get out of bed and actually eat something. I am a mother of 5 and work in nursing so it was imperative that i have no pain and be able to get back into being a mommy. The work aspect can wait until i heal. Thank you so much Dr Nakata for saving my life. I am ever indebted to you and you awesome group of nurses!

Submitted July 21, 2014 | flag

I have worked in Boston Hospitals for many years. Just as I moved to the cape is when I could not hold my head up and the pain was the worst I had ever felt. I was very sceptacle about going to Cape Cod hospital for the surgery, but Dr. Nakata was informative, respectful and understood my concerns. My friends and family could not believe I was not going to Boston. I felt comfort with Dr. Nakata and the stay at Cape Cod Hospital was fantastic. The care and treatment that was given to me from the moment I walked in the day of surgery was incredible. When I was in the pre-op room, everyone that was going to be in the operating room that day came to meet me and asked me of my concerns. It was a positve experience and I would return there if needed again. Thank you Dr. Nakata and all others that helped that day.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2013 | flag

I've been twice to the er this holiday weekend with excruciating pain. called drs. office at 9:05 --just voicemail. at 3:00 I was informed that they had not received my mri (which they had) and wouldn't make squeeze in appointments. The 1st available appointment wasn't un til mid June. Even my GP couldn't get anywhere. This dr. is one of only 4 in my area. next is 100+ miles away. Thanks for the compassion, Cape cod neurosurgeons.

Submitted May 28, 2013 | flag

the doctor was wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable! the staff bent over backwards to help me!

Submitted July 23, 2012 | flag

he probably got paid a small fortune to fix my wife's sciatica, operation was all done within about 4 hrs, start to finish. wife noticed no feeling in side of right leg whilst still in recovery, reported to doc who said it's to be expected. sent home to rest, 2 weeks later while resting in bed as required, spinal fluid began pouring from the incision on her back. rushed back to doc who was on holiday, saw Dr Murray who sent us to the hospital, he came stitched her up tighter and she was kept on her back for 3 days, MRI showed 5mm cut in spinal cord membrane (it wasn't there when she went in for the op... so they went back in to fix it. 3 years later she is still unable to work, (lost her health insurance ). cant walk, stand, sit or lay down for too long and has been quite badly injured due to falling because on no feeling in her lower leg. she wishes she had lived with the sciatica as Dr Nakata totally screwed up our lives.......

Submitted Jan. 2, 2012 | flag

Very poor presentation, inexperienced poorly trained.. Dressed for Hooters Best. Find me a replacement quickly......

Submitted Dec. 19, 2011 | flag

Dr. Nakata is probably the best doctor I have ever dealt with. He just performed an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on me and I could not be happier with the results. He is kind, compassionate, and always very helpful. I would not hesitate to have surgery with him in the future. HIs office staff is helpful and kind and his partners are wonderful also. I work in the healthcare field as an OR nurse and have worked with Dr. Nakata in the OR quite extensively. He has very good hands and is thorough yet equally gentle.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2009 | flag