Dr. Sonya Doherty

Dr. Sonya Doherty

Rate Dr. Sonya Doherty

Dr. Sonya Doherty's Ratings

Used her for a year to treat 5 year old son diagnosed with PDD-NOS. She is knowledgable but very unorganized. Talks a lot, repeats herself and does not LISTEN. She did help our son, to an extent. However, I had to second guess everything that she recommended and / or prescribed. My son is a very allergic child and she kept recommending things that contained ingredients derived from his allergens! Constantly. Had to google ingredients in the supplements to ensure they were not derived from his allergens. Very disappointing. She never seemed prepared for our visits. Read the file! She is more interested in marketing her services than helping the children. Switched my son's care to a US DAN doctor. Ecstatic with him. He has never met my son, but has helped him more. I get more detailed reports and don't feel like he is an exploiter milking me for money.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2014 | flag

I had phone consult as I live outside the country. The consult went well and I had hoped she would provide me detailed report on the treatment option for my son as during the consult she indicated a report would be provided based the information I provided plus test results which I needed to to send her. I waited over a week and did not receive information though my credit card was already charge. It was only after my prompting the office for information is received a quite reply from her which did not have sufficient information specifically relating to dose and duration. I follow up with email asking for additional information but yet have received anything. I strongly advise people to consult with her especially from abroad, she is not healer. This was bitter disappointment as I hope She would provide necessary adivse to help my sons condition.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2013 | flag

I have a child with autism who is 5 years old. Our psychiatrist said that we should accept it and leave with that…he would never be as other kids…We have started biomedical treatment 3 months ago and what we see everyday is just amazing. His vocabulary is growing everyday, he is playing appropriately with other kids, he understands new concepts, listens to instructions, he is interested in books!!! But the major thing - he is talking to us and sharing his feelings…. There are no words to describe what this doctor did to us and our child. There is a lot of work that you as a parent will do but it totally worth it.. Dr Sonya Doherty provided us with a lot of information and tools... So we started prepared…We had to do all hard work as diet, detoxification and getting all vitamins and supplements into your child, but we had all info we needed. I will totally recommend Dr Sonya Doherty. It could change your child live.

Submitted July 18, 2012 | flag

Dr. Sonya is great! We took our daughter to her after she was diagnosed with PDD-NOS. Dr. Doherty was kind and supportive. She explained how biomedical treatment could help our daughter - and after 3 months we are blow away by the results!

Submitted Nov. 4, 2011 | flag

Submitted May 23, 2010 | flag

We brought our son to Dr. Doherty because of severe digestive and sleep issues. Dr. Doherty took the time to explain about new research that could help with his sleep and digestion. She also explained that treatment could help with his language development. Our son now has no pain and sleeps through the night. His speech has also gotten way better. We would recommend Dr. Doherty because she is caring and very knowledgeable.

Submitted May 7, 2010 | flag

Sonya is a talented, intelligent and caring doctor. Her interests in child development are deep and her passion authentic.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2009 | flag

Dr. Doherty is the best doctor we have ever seen. If your child has autism, you need to call her.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2009 | flag

Dr. Doherty was very helpful in explaining how treatments could help my son with autism. She answered all of our questions and was extremely knowledgeable. Our son wasn't speaking before we went to see Dr. Doherty and now he can say, "I love mommy". Thank you Dr. Doherty!

Submitted Nov. 22, 2009 | flag

Walked out of her office with a very mixed up feelings. Hope I am not underestimating her, but she took no time whatsoever to interact with my child nor ask about medical family history. Paid $220 for the visit. Explaines things in a way like you are a biochemist. I would not recommend her. Her receptionist was very friendly.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2009 | flag