Dr. Sonya Doherty

Rate Dr. Sonya Doherty

Dr. Sonya Doherty's Ratings

We have been seeing Dr. Sonya Doherty for 6 months and she has changes our lives. Our son, age 6 is Autistic and non verbal. Before seeing the doctor, he would cry and scream for no apparent reason, have diarrhea constantly and never be able to sleep. We were willing to do anything for a better life for our son. Dr. Sonya has a very strict protocol with diet and supplements that was very difficult at first to understand and follow. With the help our her food coaches and staff, we were able to push through and are so thankful. Our son is starting to speak, has normal digestion and sleeps! Thank-you Dr. Sonya !!!! We appreciate all your hard work in explaining why we had to work to hard and guiding us through this process. We understand more now about how and why our son has certain issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Sonya for 2 years now (years 4-6) -- when we were unable to be helped by our MD and another naturopath. Her knowledge was overwhelming at the beginning but wow did she ever know alot about what we where facing. We kept coming back with our questions and she was happy to change up the protocol to most effectively treat our daughter has time progressed. We are doing the grain-free, dairy-free diet with the help of her food coaches and are so happy with the results - we literally have a different daughter and all without drugs!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Used her for a year to treat 5 year old son diagnosed with PDD-NOS. She is knowledgable but very unorganized. Talks a lot, repeats herself and does not LISTEN. She did help our son, to an extent. However, I had to second guess everything that she recommended and / or prescribed. My son is a very allergic child and she kept recommending things that contained ingredients derived from his allergens! Constantly. Had to google ingredients in the supplements to ensure they were not derived from his allergens. Very disappointing. She never seemed prepared for our visits. Read the file! She is more interested in marketing her services than helping the children. Switched my son's care to a US DAN doctor. Ecstatic with him. He has never met my son, but has helped him more. I get more detailed reports and don't feel like he is an exploiter milking me for money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][426682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

I had phone consult as I live outside the country. The consult went well and I had hoped she would provide me detailed report on the treatment option for my son as during the consult she indicated a report would be provided based the information I provided plus test results which I needed to to send her. I waited over a week and did not receive information though my credit card was already charge. It was only after my prompting the office for information is received a quite reply from her which did not have sufficient information specifically relating to dose and duration. I follow up with email asking for additional information but yet have received anything. I strongly advise people to consult with her especially from abroad, she is not healer. This was bitter disappointment as I hope She would provide necessary adivse to help my sons condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][426681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2013

I have a child with autism who is 5 years old. Our psychiatrist said that we should accept it and leave with that…he would never be as other kids…We have started biomedical treatment 3 months ago and what we see everyday is just amazing. His vocabulary is growing everyday, he is playing appropriately with other kids, he understands new concepts, listens to instructions, he is interested in books!!! But the major thing - he is talking to us and sharing his feelings…. There are no words to describe what this doctor did to us and our child. There is a lot of work that you as a parent will do but it totally worth it.. Dr Sonya Doherty provided us with a lot of information and tools... So we started prepared…We had to do all hard work as diet, detoxification and getting all vitamins and supplements into your child, but we had all info we needed. I will totally recommend Dr Sonya Doherty. It could change your child live.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][426680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

Dr. Sonya is great! We took our daughter to her after she was diagnosed with PDD-NOS. Dr. Doherty was kind and supportive. She explained how biomedical treatment could help our daughter - and after 3 months we are blow away by the results!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][426679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][426678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2010

We brought our son to Dr. Doherty because of severe digestive and sleep issues. Dr. Doherty took the time to explain about new research that could help with his sleep and digestion. She also explained that treatment could help with his language development. Our son now has no pain and sleeps through the night. His speech has also gotten way better. We would recommend Dr. Doherty because she is caring and very knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][426677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

Sonya is a talented, intelligent and caring doctor. Her interests in child development are deep and her passion authentic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][426676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2009

Dr. Doherty is the best doctor we have ever seen. If your child has autism, you need to call her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][426675].votes_count ]]