Rate Dr. Lauren Gewurz

Dr. Lauren Gewurz's Ratings

Dr Gewurz is our family doctor. She is friendly, knowledgeable and very efficient; excellent all round.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

So sorry to see many people describe bad experiences they've had with Dr. Gewurz. My own experience could not be further from this. I have found her to be friendly, genuine, and down-to-earth- a very rare find among MDs. As a young woman, her sex-positivity and complete respect for my reproductive choices have also been greatly appreciated. Whereas other doctors have tried to tell me I'll "change my mind", Dr. Gewurz has never questioned my decision not to have children and has always been helpful and thorough in explaining my options to me. She is simply the best GP I've ever had.

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

I recently moved my family to Dr. Gewurz's care and I couldn't be happier. Like some others have pointed out, she is a busy doctor in downtown Toronto so I expect that sometimes an appt will be hard to get and sometimes she'll be late on her schedule. That's not rocket science to figure out. Both my daughter and I have found her to be very patient, understanding, inquisitive, and eager to help. One thing I found especially wonderful is her opting to try various options *before* just issuing a prescription. She's young, yes, but she's knowledgeable, friendly, up to date on new meds and therapies. Isn't that what you want with a doctor? I know I do! We couldn't be happier.

Submitted May 16, 2014 | flag

I am very happy with the services of Dr Gewurz . I came to her on a recommendation from a friend. I find her to be knowledgable, thorough and attentive to all my medical needs. It is very difficult to find competent doctors who are willing to work with older people who have complicated problems. I feel fortunate to know her as my conditions have greatly improved since going to see her. My family all go to Dr Gewurz now and are all very happy for the experience. She uses her computer as a research tool and is happy to share the information to help us both keep on top what things are available to help me. I have had several doctors over the last 45 years and she is by far the best. I am very happy to recommend her to anyone looking for a family practitioner.

Submitted May 7, 2014 | flag

Great doctor. She's very helpful. If your are in need of immediate assistance, then go to the walk in clinic that she's affiliated with, down stairs. See her for long term health care and check ups.I'm not sure why there's complaints. She is busy, she's a doctor in downtown Toronto. But her not caring about her patients, is something that I highly doubt.

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

Terrible doctor with very poor availability and you can't see another clinic doctor either when she's unavailable. Very poor listener and disinterested, am certain she's a doctor just for the very big pay cheque not because she cares about you. She does summon patients by yelling from her office down the hallway; do yourself a huge favour and don't darken her doorstep.

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

She is non-professional and un reachable doctor. Most of time she is on vacasions. And during the appointment she seems in hurry. She don't have appropriate solution for any problem. Better go for another doctor as family doctor.

Submitted March 12, 2014 | flag

Always explains things thoroughly, and takes my concerns seriously. She's been a great doctor!

Submitted Feb. 21, 2014 | flag

I've switched to many doctors and Dr. Gewurz is genuinely caring, although I am upset that my condition is chronic for which there is no cure. She has been amazingly supportive and has done her best to help me. Glad she is working out so far, but I agree if you don't feel comfortable you do need to find someone else. My approach is to tell your doctor how you feel and then if the behaviour continues switch. Dr. Gewurz has responded to all of my concerns in a professional manner. Very happy.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2014 | flag

I recently moved downtown and switched to her as my family doctor and she is terrible. Unprofessional and scolds me like I'm a child when she herself is very young and seems unexperienced. She didn't seen knowledgeable as she sometimes has to "look up" information when I have a problem. I don't go to her anymore as I have google at home. If its something more serious, I use the Albany walk in clinic which is usually very good because there are many good doctors there.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2014 | flag