Dr. Christoph Maywald

Grad. Year: 1977

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Christoph Maywald has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Chiropractor-related: low back pain, lumbar disc herniation, neck pain, headaches, extremity joint conditions
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2833523
03/09/13 3 3 1 1 His ethics are very questionable. The health field was a poor choice!  Respond
RID: 2712128
18/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Maywald is extremely knowledgable, talented and passionate about what he does. He listens to you and your body with amazing accuracy. He focues on the root cause not just the symptoms. I am a dedicated fan of his work and would recommend him to anyone.
RID: 2571922
27/02/13 5 5 5 5 I think he is excellent. He thinks outside the box and cured my pain everytime!!!!
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 2568222
23/02/13 4 5 3 3 Well he knows what he is doing as a chiropractor. The problem I had with him is he wanted to send me back to work as a pipefitter with no restrictions. He wrote a letter to my doctor saying so. I asked him if he thought I needed an MRI and he said it would be a waste of my insurance companies money. I told him I was still in a great deal of pain when I tried to do the smallest of tasks around the house let alone try to go back to pipefitting. He said I was very strong and should work smarter?? Well I had to beg my doctor for an MRI because he believed Dr. Maywalds Letter. He finally gave in and gave me an MRI that showed I had two disk herniations in my lower back also arthrites and stenoses. Even the workman comp. Doctor after looking at the MRI would not recommend me to go back to work.  Respond
RID: 2475927
16/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr maywald was attentive,caring and knowledgeable.He took as much time as needed to listen to my words as well as read my body language to find some reasons why I hurt as well as ways to fix me now and avoid similiar issues in the future.He is a one of a kind ,devoted doctor.
RID: 1661903
15/12/11 4 5 5 5 Very caring doc. He has helped get me back to work (construction) several times in the past 6 years. As long as he is around I would never go to another chiropractor & my primary is an exceptional doc at MGH.

RID: 1189435
14/06/10 5 5 5 5 I’ve been working with him for over 15 years, first as my chiropractor and finally (and thankfully) accepting his suggestion of going into an exercise regime 12 years ago orchestrated and monitored by him. I am a 66 year old female who has increased her strength, heart health, and overall ability to participate in skiing, kayaking, walking distances even, through the careful oversight of my physicality as he encourages me during my full body exercise and strength training (twice per week). I find him to be the most knowledgeable diagnostician I have ever met, understanding both the complete body’s structure and function and analyzing it’s physical needs as well as nourishment and vitamin/mineral needs as well. I suggest him to everyone I now who expresses any physical discomfort - HE’S THE BEST AND HE’S HELPED SO MANY!!!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1147467
12/04/10 5 5 5 5 After many treatments from MDs and PTs for various leg and ankle pain due to running there was little to no improvement. After one visit to Dr. Maywald and a few weeks of following his advise the conditions had resolved. With his help I have been running pain free for over a year and qualified for the Boston Marathon.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1094815
01/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Maywald is a true professional. I have had shoulder problems on my left and could not put my fingers together along with numbness in fingers. Dr Maywald knew exactly what the problem was and basically cured me of my symptoms.I am completely sold on his Chiropractic abilities!!!
RID: 1093008
30/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Maywald's expertice in chiropractic care is exceptional. I've been to many chiropractors and have found Dr.Maywald to be most helpful with my back pain. I had two rounds of physical therapy for my back issue and in two sessions with Dr. Maywald, my back pain was completely gone. I have been able to maintain a healthy back ever since and only see Dr. Maywald on a as needed basis. Dr. Maywald goes above and beyond most health care practitioners. He is very knowledeable with the overall health of your body and mind. He encourages you to be proactive in taking care of your body through nutrition, good body mechanics, and creating a healthy lifestyle to prevent recurring injuries and injuries in general. I highly recommend a visit to him especially if you haven't had any success with other practitioners.
RID: 984058
10/09/09 5 5 5 5 I don't know what I would do without Dr. Maywald. I am always confident that he will help me. He is an excellent listener and experienced healer and I highly recommend him.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 975806
30/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Maywald is a genius when it comes to diagnosing problems. He searches for the root of the problem. I have been going to Doc for sports therapy since 1997. He patiently listens and never rushes any of my visits. I find that 1 to 3 visits a year is what I need on an average to be feeling my best as an athlete. I have discussed medical issues with him over the phone. He often diagnosis and solves problems that other physicians have not been able to. I highly recommend his services to anyone.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 966609
19/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Maywald is the most thorough chiropractor I have ever been to and I have been to many. He asks detailed and thoughtful questions and figured out what was wrong with me when other doctors could not. Dr. Maywald will spend as much time with you as you need and you not pay through the nose for his time although he is worth a lot! After a visit with Dr. Maywald you will feel like you have been really taken care of and your body will feel so much better.  Respond
RID: 963377
15/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Maywald was the first chiropractor I had seen. I had back pain and neck pain and I thought I would just have to deal with it. Dr. Maywald adjusted me, went over body mechanics, nutrition, stretching, etc. He pointed out all of the things that contribute to my back & neck pain, like sleeping on my stomach, sitting with my legs crossed, bending my legs when I pick up something. Dr. Maywald is very knowledgable in many different areas of treatment. I like the fact that his main goal is to help people feel better and live healthy on their own.
RID: 956938
07/08/09 4 4 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Maywald for the past 17 years. I live pretty far away and for years, I tried to find a chiropractor closer to home. I went back to Dr. Maywald every time. I brought in my family, my friends, colleagues, you name it. He treated my neck problems, lower back problems; put me back together after the car accident. Very effective treatment. His hands and his brain are in sink. He is extremely knowledgeable; he listens to every patient. Can you imagine, a doctor who listens to the patient? This is Dr. Maywald. He has exceptional Doctor's ethics.
Paid (or co-pay): $15