Rate Dr. Bryan McIver

Dr. Bryan McIver's Ratings

Dr. Bryan Mciver took the time to listen to me. I'm cancer free now. His nurse Kara is knowledgable and so kind. I felt supported by her.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2593583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

Dr. McIver figured out the issues. Listened carefully; agreed when most would deny the side effects of therapies; pointed out the risks and benefits of treatment; considered all the aspects of my medical conditions. Never left me in the lurch when it came to the other doctors I had to see. A masterful clinician who has broad medical knowledge and understanding of the human condition. His scholarship is impeccable from a patient's perspective. I felt safe in his care. Florida, you are lucky!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][428210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

I speak for the majority when I say that this man is at the absolute top of his profession and medical expertise. When I first encountered him nearly a decade ago my life in every conceivable way was in complete and utter ruins. His ability to speak with transparency about my cancer and encourage me to "live....despite" is the sole reason I am here today. I consider Dr. McIver a God send to me and my family. My cancer isn't cured....but, I'm still here and able to be everything that I have ever wanted to be. There are no words that can describe the absolute gratitude I have in my heart for the most incredible physician I have ever met. "He" sets the bar and is well worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][428209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr. McIver has been my endocrinologist at Mayo Clinic for 12 years now. He's helped me manage complex issues with thyroid cancer and provided access to a broad range of medical services and professionals at Mayo. He is excellent! I've enjoyed working with him and have very much appreciated all of his advice and counsel. My prior healthcare provider (another teaching hospital and well-known institution) was giving up on me and had no further suggestions except to have the quality and quantity of life discussion and a possible laryngectomy. That's when I sought help at Mayo. And for twelve years now they have successfully managed my disease. I am still talking, walking, and working in a global consulting firm! Many thanks to Dr. McIver and the many other wonderful people on the Mayo team.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][428208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2012

Dr. McIver is the best doctor I have ever had. Even my regular doctor defers to his knowledge of various subjects! As stated by others, he is caring, knowledgeable, persuasive, listens. To know him is to feel blessed and relaxed about our care because we know we have the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][428207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2012

Dr. McIver is the best doctor that I have ever gone to. I decided to add this rating after seeing the one left on 4/12 on this page. He is Scottish and was medically trained in Scotland, so his approach to Graves Disease was more in line with what I wanted. He took the time to explain everything to me and that's why he is not punctual - he takes an incredible amount of time with his patients - so if he goes over the appointment time, then the next person waiting has to wait. I am OK with that when it comes to my health, as I would like for him to take that time with me, especially if I am trying to decide whether or not to have surgery or eradicate my thyroid. He is the first doctor that has treated me as an equal rather than a "patient" - WE decided on how to approach my disease and consequently, I went into remission. I am still in remission and now go to see Dr. McIver as my main Internist because he is so wise, caring and considerate. You cannot find a better doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][428206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2012

Dr. McIver was rude and unhelpful, and very late for the appointment. He described a medication being taken for treatment of a tumor as ineffective, though the medication has proven effective. I now see a different doctor for this condition and would not dream of continuing with Dr. McIver. In all my years I have never before treated so poorly or unprofessionally by a physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][428205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr. McIver is an outstanding doctor. He has a kind and caring manner with his patients, and he uses his wonderful sense of humor to keep the mood positive. I was so impressed with Dr. McIver, and I plan to continue seeing him. He is definitely the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][428204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2010

Although I waited well over an hour after my scheduled appt, it was totally worth it. He is a very caring, compassionate & knowledgable doctor that takes his time with each patient (which is why he tends to run late). He spent over an hour with me, explaining my thyroid condition, why it was happening & how we can fix it. He didn't rush thru my appt (despite how late it was getting) & he was truly interested about my health, not just physically, but emotionally as well. He has one attribute that, unfortunately, many doctors don't have: he LISTENS to you. I had sent him a few emails with questions I had & he responded to every one, either the same day or the very next day. He is one of the best doctors I've ever had. If you're lucky enough to get him, you'll see what I mean. The world needs more doctors like Dr. Bryan McIver.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][428203].votes_count ]]