Dr. John Michael Stimac

Rate Dr. John Michael Stimac

Dr. John Michael Stimac's Ratings

Jumped the gun and diagnosed me with a fatal condition that resulted in 2 years of needless tests, stress and worry - got a second opinion and as it turns out I thankfully do not have this condition. At the time I was incorrectly diagnosed, the response I received was "it is what it is" . Moral of the story - always get a second opinion (and not from this guy), go to a specialist at a UHN hospital and echos are unreliable. Ps his receptionist Mary is incompetent

Submitted Feb. 17, 2014 | flag

Great doctor. Very caring and knowledeable. He has a bit of a mood problem but always seem to collect himself when needed. His staff is the best! Very skilled technicians.Extra nice and going out of their way for the patients. I've witnessed couple of occasions when the technicians working there were driving patients in need to the nearest hospital in their personal cars. Highly recommended if you have a serious heart problem.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2011 | flag

Dr. Stimac is "the best!"He found my heart problem...and connected me to the best surgeons ...and I am here toda├┐ "thanks to his great skills!" many thanks dr stimac...from brantford!

Submitted Sept. 8, 2011 | flag

this dr didnt even look at me and he was absolutely of no help for my problem.his diagnosis was thats just you.very abrupt.

Submitted March 23, 2010 | flag

I had occaision to visit Dr.Stimac's office twice.Both times, it was over 2 hours, the last time 41/2 hours because they coudln't find my file.The office was in chaos, files on the floors etc, while the file cabinets were empty.Dr. Stimac has moved on to the U.S. and another Dr. has taken over. I was told in August that they would contact me for an appointment in October..this is April, still waiting. I have asked my g.p for another doctor, thankfully my heart is okay but for how long? No thanks.

Submitted April 11, 2008 | flag

I worked for Dr.Stimac for 5+ years and he was by far the most intelligent man I ever met. Apart from mild delays in dictation, he was (and is) at the top of his game. A great man, a great boss and a great cardiologist!

Submitted May 9, 2007 | flag

We did not find his bedside manner good at all and he was very quick with us. He never explained anything and just gave out a prescription and left.

Submitted May 5, 2007 | flag

THIS WAS MY FATHER'S CARDIOLOGIST AND HE WAS SO VERY SENSITIVE AND CARING WITH BEDSIDE MANNERS OF A SAINT!!!!..... HE ALWAYS MADE HIMSELF AVAILABLE AND TOOK THE TIME TO ANSWERS ALL OUR QUESTIONS. WAY TO GO DOC!!! p.s. "the old dog finally laid down"!!

Submitted April 15, 2007 | flag