Dr. Sunita Kulshrestha

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:N

Profile updated 04/08/09    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Sunita Kulshrestha has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3626929
07/12/13 1 3 1 1 Dr. K was the worst doctor I have ever experienced in my life. Please, do yourself a favor and find another practice with competent doctors.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2675004
10/06/13 3 4 1 1 I have been a patient at GIVF for exactly a year & undergone 3 IUI's (In my 2ww currently). When I chose this clinic I had higher expectations as to the treatment I would be recieving. My nurse Lauren has actually been the most helpful person & always responds to my e-mails no matter when I send one. The rest of the staffing is a different story! My financial advisor Barbara Pastorious submitted my paperwork to the insurance company with me listed as being single b/c I'm in a lesbian marriage & when asked to correct it gave me a story about not being able to resubmit the same claim! Each Ultrasound & IUI has been with different staff members who struggle to read each others notes!I have what they call a POSSIBLY BLOCKED tube for which they cant give a definate answer which to me defeats the purpose of that painful HSG testing! I always feel my appointments are rushed and vital information & interaction isn't recieved! Currently searching for a new clinic just in case this cycle fails!
Paid (or co-pay): $4200
RID: 2589672
19/03/13 2 2 2 1 Don't waste your time at GIVF Fairfax. The place is run in an auto-mode without any proper approach to cycle evaluation. Dr. Lincoln is not competent and has no answers to any failed cycles or providing any new approach.. At times, the folks are aggresive in their response and don't want u to ask questions... Also, I think the place is too busy to provide you any detail and depth of your case and at the end say "it is upto your luck". I fail to digest that answer... given I was told my embryos were A+ .. Go figure.. good money making place..
Paid (or co-pay): $30000
RID: 2564581
19/02/13 3 3 3 3 I am seeing Dr.K since 2011 and she has been very kind, polite and helpful in every way. But unfortunately, I had one failed IVF cycle and lost my twin pregnancy early after a successful FET, I was shocked at the after-miscarriage treatment. Not checked for any infections, no diagnostic blood tests to why the misc happened. The staff is Ok, but the doctors protocol needs to be looked into.
RID: 2143338
15/05/12 4 3 5 5 I'm really surprised that the reviews here are so bad. I've recently started working with GIVF and they have been much easier to deal with than another local big name fertility practice I also 'interviewed' for the job of helping me conceive. The front desk staff, nurses, and doctors I've interacted with have all been kind and helpful so far, and seem to be knowledgeable. Also, my primary doctor and my OB both spoke highly of GIVF and Fx Cryobank, which made me feel good about my choice too. I'm just starting out, so if they can really help me conceive successfully remains to be seen, but so far I have nothing but positive observations about how things are run. My only suggestion would be to try to hire another female doctor, as they only have one right now, and plenty of women prefer to have a female doctor for such intimate procedures. I have seen Dr K. twice so far and she was wonderful.  Respond
RID: 1526737

31/08/11 1 1 1 2
RID: 1452489

29/05/11 1 2 2 2 GIVF is the worst! Every single person there is rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. Terrible experience! I am seeing a new doctor and he is a million times better  Respond
RID: 1436075

09/05/11 3 3 1 1 Dr. K is awful - absolutely terrible. After only 1 egg was retrieved from my donor, of "poor, poor quality", Dr. K refused to discuss our options. She was rude and refused to release records. I am still considering bringing a malpractice suit against GIVF and Dr. K. Consider other IVF facilities - this group and Dr. K in particular are just out to take your money.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1055244
11/12/09 5 3 5 5 I went through 3 IVF cycles under Dr. K's care. While all three were failures, I think very highly of Dr.K. I was amazed at how much preparation she put into her consults. I have a medical/scientific background and Dr K was very knowledgeable, never spoke down to me, and she was much more cutting edge in her approach than another well-respected RE in the DC metro area...she found ways to tweak my protocol after each successive failure. I liked GIVF much better than another, larger local center. It was much less factory-like, provided a much less stressful atmosphere, and operated very smoothly. I liked all of the other staff as well. Despite the fantastic response to Dr K's protocol, ultimately I was "shown the door." Clearly, that decision was not Dr. K's, but the CEOs and other partners. I did continue to pursue IVF and did get pregnant at another center :o) I credit Dr. K for helping to design a protocol that ultimately led to my success.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 954018
04/08/09 1 4 1 3 My experience at GIVF in fairfax was absolutly terible. Last year I decided to become a donor. Dr. K was my physcian through the cycle. In my opinion she was extrememly rude, shared inapropriate information about my case to people outside of the practice and I literally found myself crying over the way I was treated. She didnt even show up for the retrieval. There was a gentlemen doctor (who was wonderful) that i never consented to. Her staff is extremely rude, borderline prejudice. i beg of you, if your want to give the gift of life OR recieve, i urge to find another facility. the office is beuatiful on the outside, HORRIFIC and cold on the inside. there was ZERO follow up for any further instruction after the retreival. Dr. K had the most negative and unrealistic potential outcome about the process. Please find a facility where your not just a statistic but a REAL human being.