Rate Dr. Shian Gu

Dr. Shian Gu's Ratings

Always rushing, before you complete your symptom, he starts to write prescription and stands up to signal the ending of the visit. I felt rushed every time. Not thorough at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

He is terrible doctor who only like to give you a lot of prescribed medicine. He does not care what the problem you have, he just gives the medicine to you! Spend too much time on the TV show and other public obersevation. Help yourself find anyone else, save your life, save your time, protect your health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Dr. Gu is impatient. He never spent more than a few minutes with me. He's already standing up and walking out before I can finish telling him what my problems are. He has " it's non of my business" kind of attitude when I ask for his opinion. He's not willing to help at all. It seems to me he doesn't treat his patients as individual human beings, they are just numbers he can count to send bills to MSP. The staff are very rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Gu is the worest doctor I've ever seen. Irresponsible, rude, unhelpful and with very poor medical knowledge. He gave high blood pressure medicine to my husband which made him gout attack for one mth. We confirmed with othr doctors that ppl with gout should never take that medicine. He also promised me to refer a female doctor and also physiologiest but I havent got his reply for 2 mth. I had a family doctor in Coquitlam and I also met several doctor from walk in clinic, Gu is certainly the worest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1230141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

used to see Dr Gu a couple of times. definitely the worse doctor I've see...the conclusion came fast before he listened to this patient. always in hurry to go to next patient. he made feel I was wasting his time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1230140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

The doctor made call for long, long time while a crowed of patients waiting; receptionist is extremely unfriendly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1230139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Some of the comments and ratings here are unfair at all. I think Dr.Gu is kind, professional and sympathizing to his patients. I don't see any beneficials by ruining other people's reputation. He is my family doctor and always makes me trust. He is one of the best Chinese physicians in Vancouver.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1230138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

I cannot imange how could he be a doctor. The irresponsiveness of Dr. Gu and his poor receptionist made me feel so upset. NEVER gonna be there again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1230137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr.Gu is a so badly guy, not respect and not responsible for his patient at all.Don't want to see him forever!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1230136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2011

Dr. Gu is horrible. He has no respect for the patients and bears the air of "I don't really care" when he can only spare a maximum of 30 seconds with each of them who often has to wait for 30-60 minutes to see him. If you insist, he will give you a prescription, but never expect him to give any explanation on the drugs. I had to learn from the Pharmacist next door that the medicine Gu gave me contains toxic substance and must be used with caution. I think that the fact he can speak Chinese attacked many patients in that language group. However, he doesn't really help them to understand the key medical terminology which could be a determining factor on whether or how the patients would use the prescribed medicine. This should be considered discrimination and a malpractice. The quality of BC's Health Care sank to a new low with doctors like Gu in practice. I am currently filing a formal complaint against him and will definitely switch doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1230135].votes_count ]]