Rate Dr. Shian Gu

Dr. Shian Gu's Ratings

Gu is the worest doctor I've ever seen. Irresponsible, rude, unhelpful and with very poor medical knowledge. He gave high blood pressure medicine to my husband which made him gout attack for one mth. We confirmed with othr doctors that ppl with gout should never take that medicine. He also promised me to refer a female doctor and also physiologiest but I havent got his reply for 2 mth. I had a family doctor in Coquitlam and I also met several doctor from walk in clinic, Gu is certainly the worest.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2013 | flag

used to see Dr Gu a couple of times. definitely the worse doctor I've see...the conclusion came fast before he listened to this patient. always in hurry to go to next patient. he made feel I was wasting his time.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag

The doctor made call for long, long time while a crowed of patients waiting; receptionist is extremely unfriendly

Submitted May 20, 2011 | flag

Some of the comments and ratings here are unfair at all. I think Dr.Gu is kind, professional and sympathizing to his patients. I don't see any beneficials by ruining other people's reputation. He is my family doctor and always makes me trust. He is one of the best Chinese physicians in Vancouver.

Submitted May 20, 2011 | flag

I cannot imange how could he be a doctor. The irresponsiveness of Dr. Gu and his poor receptionist made me feel so upset. NEVER gonna be there again.

Submitted May 2, 2011 | flag

Dr.Gu is a so badly guy, not respect and not responsible for his patient at all.Don't want to see him forever!

Submitted Feb. 19, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gu is horrible. He has no respect for the patients and bears the air of "I don't really care" when he can only spare a maximum of 30 seconds with each of them who often has to wait for 30-60 minutes to see him. If you insist, he will give you a prescription, but never expect him to give any explanation on the drugs. I had to learn from the Pharmacist next door that the medicine Gu gave me contains toxic substance and must be used with caution. I think that the fact he can speak Chinese attacked many patients in that language group. However, he doesn't really help them to understand the key medical terminology which could be a determining factor on whether or how the patients would use the prescribed medicine. This should be considered discrimination and a malpractice. The quality of BC's Health Care sank to a new low with doctors like Gu in practice. I am currently filing a formal complaint against him and will definitely switch doctors.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gu is not professional at all. Knowing that I had bleeding spot at the back of my eye and I need to find out if I had diabetes and I needed a through blood test, he only spent 2 minutes with me and only sent me to have one blood test. Knowing that my husband is a caucasian, he insisted talking to me in Chinese when my husband was accompanying me there in his office. When I suggested him to speak in English with us, he immediately became upset and sent us out. Don't waste your money and time with this doctor.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gu has very poor knowlwdge and isn't helpful at all. He's never seen me longer than 5 minutes. He always wants to leave as soon as possible.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag

I observed him working for his patients for a while. I have to say that he is very knowledgeable and professional. He spent time with patients from 5 min. to more than 30min. and it really depends on the patients individual situation. Some patients might not be satisfied with his services for some reasons, but over all he is very good doctor though.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2010 | flag