Rate Dr. Aanand Shah

Dr. Aanand Shah's Ratings

This doctor is the biggest idiot ever. I took my 3 year old son to see him because he was wheezing and had a high fever, Dr Shah assured me it was 'just a cold' and 'not to worry.' less than 12 hours later, I took my blue, barely breathing son to the ER. turns out the poor kid had pneumonia and was having an asthma attack. I may be a nurse but pediatrics is not my specialty. He didn't even bother to listen to his chest or check his ears. I would rather bleed out in the waiting room than see this quack.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Shah is the best GP I have had. He is rather stoic, but that is something I appreciate. Even in his stoicism, I can tell he is full of compassion for his patients. I don't find him arrogant in the least. He dresses professionally, so I don't get the upset on here about his appearance - not to mention that how he dresses has little impact on how competent he is as a Doctor. He is thorough and He is kind. He utilizes primary care both in the clinic and via the southside primary care network. I have had a rough year and it is because of his care that I am doing so much better. If you are looking for a GP, I recommend Dr. Shah with full confidence that he will not disappoint.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2013 | flag

About to report Dr Shah today after finding out that my husband has a problem with his heart and Dr Shah failed to relay this information. My husband found out today after scheduling a meeting to find out why he is incurring problems getting insurance (well go figure!). He had his back turned the whole time when passing along this potentially life changing information! Totally disgraceful. He told my husband that he should have called to find out the results...the ECG was 2 years ago!!! Not only is this totally negligent, but unprofessional and inexcusable. Will be swapping doctor immediately!

Submitted March 7, 2013 | flag

I've seen Dr Shah about 6 times in walkin when my dr was not available. His "bedside" manner is not the best I admit, he is generally in a rush (again only seen him in walkin), and is maybe a little awkward, but has never been rude. he has given me a "what for" for not getting my xrays done when he has ordered them-my bad. He looks like a young doctor, and people don't generally like getting medical advice or chastised from people who might look their age-- i have no problem with this. He has been thorough and polite when i've seen him. the clinic has called me to report abnormal test results and either arrange f/u with him or ensure i have f/u. I am a healthcare professional and work with many physicians--maybe thats why i place more importance on his medical skills than his appearance. He is always very nicely dressed--which i'm surprised other people describe as "inappropriate"- you find a nice a shirt and tie is inappropriate? i will definitely see him again when needed.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2013 | flag

He has the phenotype of the rushed physician but is knowledgeable and helpful. He has been my family doctor for about a year now and I have no desire to switch. I do not understand why some people give him such bad ratings!

Submitted Dec. 13, 2012 | flag

Extremely dissapointed at their services. This guy was Unprofessionally dressed, very rude and was not helpful. This guy opens the door, withought saying hi or introducing himself stands by the computer. Rushing through my symptoms, in less than 4minutes prints off the prescription. I drop off my prescrition at the pharmacy and the pharmacist advices me the dosage is wrong plus the medication is for children. I value my life. Never seeing him again. Will not recomend him

Submitted Nov. 17, 2012 | flag

The physician came in the room, did not identify himself, would not listen when I attempted to relay the medical history for my minor son, whose appointment I was sitting in on, and he was adversarial when he misheard a response from my son. I felt that he was angry that I accompanied my son into the exam room, and ignored and talked over me when I politely asked if I could add some medical history details for my minor son. Front desk staff were very polite. He did order some tests, but his interpersonal skills left me wishing I had booked with any other doctor.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2012 | flag

My experience with Dr. Shah mirrors those of the numerous other bad experiences on this site. I filed a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta about him and I suggest others do to. http://www.cpsa.ab.ca/services/Complaints_department/complaints_overview.aspx

Submitted June 19, 2012 | flag

I'm very disappointed. This individual is very arrogant. First at all he should not work as a family doctor - he is very poor with children.

Submitted May 15, 2012 | flag

I though Dr.Anand Shah was very knowledgeable and kind. Yes, he does not say hello or really smile at you when you walk in, but that does not make him arrogant. He simply takes his work seriously. He gave me great advice and thoroughly examined every detail of what I had to say. He stays on task, and therefore does not make much conversation, but he gets the job done. Also, the way he dresses, which is great by the way ;), has no effect on how he treats his patients. He may seem arrogant, because he always looks impeccable but that is not so. I would definitely recommend this doctor.

Submitted May 10, 2012 | flag