You may also like

Rate Dr. Peter Hawrylyshyn

Dr. Peter Hawrylyshyn's Ratings

He has been my Ob/ Gyn for over 12 years. He is very gentle and has a funny demeanor that comes out every now and then. Usually he is a man of very few words, but for the most part very gentle. I have told him that he is the most gentlest Gynecologist ever. He humbly accepted the compliment. It is true however that you may have to take the day off from work when going there or make sure that you get the earliest appointments available.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2791635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I'm in my 3 trimester and I only seen him once there is always a doctor filling him and the only thing she does is ask if you have any questions.....she is the one that have to read the history papers and tests and let me know what's going on with me...I'm not a doctor I have no idea what to ask if I don't know what is my situation or if I have something to worry about it... anything else I can google it...she basically doesn't say anything...at least "ok I just check the paper work and you are fine" my appointment took me 5 min and I got 3 words from her "hello" "any questions" "bye"......not helpful at all...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2773554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I'm in my 3rd trimester and I've seen dr h a total of 3 times. He always has another doctor filling in for him. Appointments are 5 mins long and super rushed. Hope im not the only one feeling this way.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2770987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr. Hawrylyshyn and his staff have been very helpful and kind through multiple pregnancy of mine. They are considerate and always accommodating, they go the extra mile to help. Dr. Hawrylyshyn made sure the best care was giving to me after complications with my delivery that occurred in a hospital other then Mount Sinai. He personally spoke to the ER staff and made sure no procedures were preformed without consulting him first. He even came into the hospital on his day off to see that I was recovering well.
I have nothing but kind words for Dr. Hawrylyshyn.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2686478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

My mother and I were both referred to Dr. H after our gynecologist, Dr. Bernstein, retired. I found him to be short and dismissive. My mother, even worse, was told she had a prolapsed uterus and Dr. H spent 5 minutes explaining this to her, and booked her surgery for a hysterectomy. After going for a second opinion, my mother was then told she had a prolapsed bladder, not uterus. As a nurse I find this completely absurd and the fact that he would spend 5 minutes explaining (if you would call it that) a life changing surgery to a middle aged woman is awful patient care. I would never recommend this doctor to any of my patients or friends.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2661963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Hawrylyshyn by my family doctor. He's a very busy doctor but took time to answer all my questions and concerns. Very helpful and knowledgeable. From my pregnancy to my surgery he made me feel better and relaxed. Thank you Dr. Hawrylyshyn for taking care of me and my baby during my full term pregnancy visit and for doing a great job for my surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Hawrylyshyn with my first pregnancy by my family doctor. He is a great doctor, with lots of knowledge. He makes you feel better and if you have questions, he answers them. The wait times are a little long but it is easy to book an appointment/follow up with him and his staff are friendly and efficient. He was not present to deliver my baby but his associate Dr. Bernstein was, but we didn't mind. I was supposed to be induced at 38 weeks and were eager to. He wanted me to go further because everything looked great but when they detected I had low amniotic fluid and we requested an induction, he booked me for that weekend. He was attentive and made me feel better. I am looking forward to seeing him for our 2nd baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1230733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2013

I was referred to Dr. H for my first pregnancy and absolutely loved him. Yes, he is very busy and in and out during appointments but if I ever had questions or concerns, he took the time to answer them for me. He event remembered a medication I was on and saw a commercial for a lawsuit against in one night and did tons of additional research on the affects of it for me. I was very stressed out during my pregnancy and had to make an emergency trip to him office one day and he promptly saw me and helped me out. Although he was not there for the delivery (c section) of my son, Dr. Lyons from his office was. After having Dr L deliver my baby, it made me appreciate Dr H much more as L was brash and didn't seem to take me seriously although I was in labour! I had to stay at Mt Sinai for three days, and Dr H came in on a Sunday (his day off) as he was walking by and wanted to check in on my son and myself. I thought that was really kind of him. I am 100% going back to him for my 2nd.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1230732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Had a normal pregnancy. Dr Hawrylyshyn was good – he is quick and busy, he does not gush, but does take the time to answer all of your questions. Dr. Hawrylyshyn was not available to deliver my baby, so I cannot speak to that. One thing though, the doctor that did deliver my baby told me Hawrylyshyn favors episiotomies, so be aware of this if you don’t want one. Post birth I asked for a two week follow-up, rather than six and Hawrylyshyn’s office accommodated. He noticed excess bleeding and sent me for tests which revealed a hematoma that had to be surgically removed. I ended up having to be seen biweekly 12 weeks post-natal, and Hawrylyshyn was very effective in ensuring I regained my health. Only drawback – I also had some breastfeeding issues and he is not as knowledgeable in this area. We had to keep it to the waist down and I went to a clinic for more info on breastfeeding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1230731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

This doctor does not care about your well-being, he is self-absorbed and incompetent. I had some heavy discharge a couple of weeks after I had my amniotic fluid test and I told him about it during the visit. I was 23 weeks pregnant at that point. He said that it's normal and I will have tons of discharges during my pregnancy. He did not look at me, he did not do any tests of the discharge fluid. My water broke the next day and I lost my healthy baby boy. Later, I found out that if I was tested and put on bed rest right away, there was a good chance that I would carry to term. At my next visit, he told me that it was my fault that I lost the baby because I've chosen to do the amniotic fluid test. What a compassionate man! I have a friend who had preeclampsia, developed very high blood pressure (over 200)and had to go to emergency room to get admitted to the hospital because Dr.H would not sign her ST Disability papers. My advice - stay away from this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1230734].votes_count ]]